American Made - Tom Cruise new movie

Don't see how he can do better than top gun

The most annoying part of Top Gun is how, in the final battle with the Migs (Northrop F-5 Tigers with a cool paint job) they said every line twice; I guess for dramatic effect..! I guess for dramatic effect..!
See what I did there?

The most annoying part of Top Gun is how, in the final battle with the Migs (Northrop F-5 Tigers with a cool paint job) they said every line twice; I guess for dramatic effect..! I guess for dramatic effect..!
See what I did there?

Roger roger

He's a show pony tool of a major EVIL money cult.
He always plays the SAME PERSON, the best at fill in the blank.
Top Gun was MTV drivel, admit it.
Go see Dunkirk instead.

Watch Tropic Thunder.

It's got an 88% on rotten tomatoes so I'd guess it does well. It must be a good movie.
Those are reviews from critics. What normal people think of the movie can be much different.

Current movie examples:

American Assassin: Critics 33%, Viewers 69%
The Hitmans Bodyguard: Critics 37%, Viewers 70%

I mention this because I went to see Snowpiercer because my wife said that rottentomatoes had it at 95%. Figured it would be a sure thing. Dumbest movie I've ever seen. Got home and looked it up. While the critic review was a 95%, the viewer reviews were under 50%.

I mention this because I went to see Snowpiercer because my wife said that rottentomatoes had it at 95%. Figured it would be a sure thing. Dumbest movie I've ever seen. Got home and looked it up. While the critic review was a 95%, the viewer reviews were under 50%.
I loved that movie. Utterly original.

No dissing Top Gun, please. I thought it was great. Plus, it was the first date with the lady who married me 30 years ago. A little Chinese food, a good movie....she was putty in my hands.

Those are reviews from critics. What normal people think of the movie can be much different.

Current movie examples:

American Assassin: Critics 33%, Viewers 69%
The Hitmans Bodyguard: Critics 37%, Viewers 70%

The critics also gave "Young Shakespeare in Love" best picture, instead of "Saving Private Ryan"...

Saw the movie tonight. Did anyone else notice the "TWA" Airbus A320 when he was in the flight deck of a boeing? or was that just me?

Did anyone watch the RiffTrax with Top Gun? Pretty well done.

I thought the casting of Cruise was kind of odd. Actually thought a bigger guy that looked more like Seal would have made a better choice. That being said, I'm ok with Cruise the actor and look forward to seeing this movie after really enjoying the Cocaine Cowboys documentary.

For those that may have missed it, here is an article about the plane crash and lawsuits that killed two and paralyzed a third person during the filming.

http://people.com/movies/deadly-plane-crash-on-set-of-tom-cruise-movie-what-really-happened/

Saw the movie tonight. Did anyone else notice the "TWA" Airbus A320 when he was in the flight deck of a boeing? or was that just me?

I noticed it. Also noticed the King Airs had the 350GTI on it somewhere on them, I cant remember. Pretty sure they weren't around in the 80s? Also noticed they said custom and border protection on them but had the department of homeland security logo was on the plane as well.

I thought it was a decent movie. One of the Superior Flight Schools owners(flight school is our of KRYY) is in it as a snowbird along with the Twin Comanche they have. Some of the flying was a little unbelievable and you could tell some CGI was used on the stuff that was complete BS. But overall id give it a B.

I haven't seen it, but there was some pretty crazy real flying done for the film. Here's the Instagram account of one of the filming pilots, showing some from the helicopter's POV: https://www.instagram.com/fred_north/?hl=en

yeah thats pretty crazy. I would love to just watch the footage they have they didn't use. Bob had some pretty crazy stories from Filming stuff.

yeah thats pretty crazy. I would love to just watch the footage they have they didn't use. Bob had some pretty crazy stories from Filming stuff.

Out takes from movies are always fun to watch! The first "Grumpy Old Men" had some good ones at the end of the movie.

Saw American Made last night. It's "okay" at best and at least worth a watch and I'm pretty critical when it comes to movies*. I like that Cruise didn't make much of attempt at pulling off a Louisianan accent. Some of the stuff wasn't historically correct but you get the gist of the life of Barry Seal.

* if a movie has a: dragon, wizard, or defies the laws of physics, I won't watch it.

I'll probably watch it on DVD. If nothing else, looks like it'll have some interesting airplane scenes. Know the general story of Barry Seal. One of those stories that's crazy enough that you can't make it up.

I'll probably watch it on DVD. If nothing else, looks like it'll have some interesting airplane scenes. Know the general story of Barry Seal. One of those stories that's crazy enough that you can't make it up.

Rather read a book about him. Here's one of a few out:

51BX9PGzqQL._AC_US218_.jpg

Reactions: Ted
Just got back from seeing it. Flying scenes were pretty good as a whole. Sarah Wright who played his wife is sure sweet on the eyes.

Definitely have go see it, especially since I have been watching Narcos lately (Which I highly suggest)

Nah, Narcos are kind of outdated. I have one in com 1 and 1 in com 2...

Sorry, it was there...

He's a show pony tool of a major EVIL money cult.
He always plays the SAME PERSON, the best at fill in the blank.
Top Gun was MTV drivel, admit it.
Go see Dunkirk instead.

I would watch Dunkirk again just to hear the spitfires on the theater surround sound...

Just came back from watching the movie. Overall I would give the movie 3 stars out of 5. We will get a little bit more in detail in a few weeks when we give people a chance to watch it. It's worth watching in my opinion.

I noticed the movie theater had a few showings but it wasn't packed to see it, (About 65-75% full) This is the first weekend. Hopefully people will come out to see it.

I haven't been a huge fan of Tom Cruise in the last 15 years or so, but I will see this movie. My friend, Jimmy Garland, is the pilot that survived in the accident in Columbia, and Tom sent doctors from UCLA medical center to Columbia to help save Jimmy's life. And that's enough for me. Before the accident, Jimmy had shown me some scenes from the filming in Canton and they looked pretty spectacular!!

Go see Dunkirk instead.
And why "instead" and not both?
Dunkirk is a great movie, no doubt about it, stunning cinematography but I will definitely see this movie as well. And who cares how Tom Cruise plays, John Wayne also always played the same person and his movies and it didn't subtract from his popularity.

For those who watched it in the movies, (I have to specify these days) What was the turnout like at your theater?

For those who watched it in the movies, (I have to specify these days) What was the turnout like at your theater?
went to see it Friday, there were maybe 30 people...definitely a lot of empty seats

Who cares about the Aerostar? One of the top helicopter film pilots in Hollywood died in that Aerostar crash (a ferry flight not during filming). Alan Purwin, the head of Helinet in LA, was killed. Alan flew Airwolf, among other things. His company services film shoots, supplies ENG helicopters, does corporate charters, and most importantly provides free helicopter medical transfers for Children's Hospital of LA. His loss is an absolute tragedy and sent shockwaves through the film community. I don't care about some bent metal in a jungle, but the loss of a legend is sad.

Harks back to the death of Art Scholl during the filming of Top Gun...:(

Just got home after watching it. I enjoyed it due to the flying scenes and some real life history that is intertwined though I do understand from what I've read that there are numerous historical inaccuracies. Still I'd recommend it.

We went at 1:30 yesterday, not much of a crowd at any of the 18 screens! There were 5 of us and maybe 10-12 more at this one. I did like the movie, it's no Saving Private Ryan or anything, but it was cool seeing the hangar in Canton, along with some planes I recognized. Including an old abandoned 310 that has been sitting for over 10 years in Canton.

Watched it with the SO Saturday night. Theatre had maybe 4 other people in it. I liked it.

My wife and I thought it was great. Entertaining with an interesting story line, good writing, good acting. The funniest lines, "Don't you trust me?" ...along with his wife's response.

Seems like it pretty much followed the basics of his life from what I've read and the shows I've seen about him. J.B. ....man you knew that was going to end bad the minute he stepped in front of the camera. I've just known too many stupid kids just like him.

Useless fact: The average American goes to the theater to watch a movie 3 times a year. The average Japanese - once.

Back