America The Beautiful Thread at VAF

Walboy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Walboy

Last edited:
Neat I have landed at at least one of the small airports he stopped at. I want to do this one day but in a cub or a champ and I don't want to have a plan. Just go for a few months see the country low and slow.

ETA: two actually

That's a great thread!!

I don't understand how his "tail number" can possibly be legal though. Well, to be more to the point, it's not displayed anywhere on his airplane, unless there's some secret way of doing it on an RV that I'm not aware of.

But, then again, I don't understand the whole "paint an RV to look like a mini-fighter" thing either.

Still a great thread, I just laugh at the whole RV wanna be fighter jock thing.

Let's do an overhead break, shall we!!

That's a great thread!!

I don't understand how his "tail number" can possibly be legal though. Well, to be more to the point, it's not displayed anywhere on his airplane, unless there's some secret way of doing it on an RV that I'm not aware of.

But, then again, I don't understand the whole "paint an RV to look like a mini-fighter" thing either.

His N number is below the horizontal stab. 3 inch N898W.

<snip>

Often not a wannabe deal, many current and former jocks in the community. The handling and performance of the designs are familiarly attractive to them.

Part of the fun in home building is getting to pick your own finish, no factory standards to deal with. The -8 in particular lends itself to a war bird scheme, especially with invasion stripes. Visually pleasing to me, anyway. To each there own, here's one that is fairly stunning and very well done, but not my cup of tea for an airplane:

P1000686.JPG

Neat I have landed at at least one of the small airports he stopped at. I want to do this one day but in a cub or a champ and I don't want to have a plan. Just go for a few months see the country low and slow.

ETA: two actually
One of the blogs I follow is Bill cloughly(sp) who did a fantastic cross country following the Oregon trail in a citabria. Still one of my favorite write ups. Here is a link to his Oregon trail adventure.

www.pilotbill.com/OregonTrail/OT-PreFlight.html

Back