Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
IMG_3658.JPG
I've always done this, from day one. It's not that I don't like cottage cheese, it's that it was the only thing close to steak when I was a starving student. So why not put steak sauce on it. I've never understood the whole fruit thing. I don't like fruit that much anyway.

I don't even put steak sauce on steak. When I eat cottage cheese (not often), I eat it plain.

Yes.

Well, I used to work at a restaurant. I mixed chocolate pudding and cottage cheese. Then chased it down with pizza.

Not steak sauce, but I use salsa on my cottage cheese. And I will pair the cottage cheese with some scrambled eggs.

I'm not keen on fruit on cottage cheese either.

Usually pepper... and so much of it the cottage cheese turns grey. But steak sauce would be okay. I'll give it a try.

I must have diced fresh tomatoes on my cottage cheese. Not sure if that constitutes having it with fruit, or vegetable - the age old argument about tomatoes rears its ugly head again. :rolleyes:

And like DP, lots of pepper too.

Worcestershire is good on cottage cheese, too.

Steak sauce[1] is for badly cooked steaks. And I'll take my cottage cheese plain, please! And black coffee while we're at it.

[1] Actually, any badly cooked meat gets a 50/50 mixture of BBQ sauce and sriracha. My daughter loves this trick when momma says you have to eat your meat.[2]

[2] How can you get any pudding....

The only time I eat cottage cheese is with lasagna noodles, sauce, and other cheeses.

Usually pepper... and so much of it the cottage cheese turns grey. But steak sauce would be okay. I'll give it a try.

A little salt and pepper for me. I can't picture the taste combination of steak sauce and cottage cheese, and I will eat white rice with Italian salad dressing on it.

You should probably contact Dr Bruce Chien before applying for your next medical. There may be some HIMS testing in your future he can help you with. Psycho

1183281142-703-The-Breakfast-Club-quotes.gif

... and I will eat white rice with Italian salad dressing on it.

I saw a movie a few years ago that was about life in East Germany. The main character had a crappy government job keeping an eye on fellow citizens. The character had a very bleak life. One scene was supposed to show how miserable he was, so they had him fix dinner - white rice with ketchup on top.

Now I have to find the name of that movie...

edit:

Found it - The Lives of Others
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405094/

Good movie, too. When that rice/ketchup scene came up, both my wife and I said at the same time, "Did he just do what I think he did?"

Wow, so much opposition. For the record, I don't put steak sauce on steak either. It's about the only good use of it. It's not bad on a burger though.

The whole steak sauce on cottage cheese thing goes back to my starving student days when I would put the steak sauce on it to pretend it was steak. Cottage cheese was readily available in the dining facility. As was steak sauce. Steak was not. Ramen was to be found in the dorm rooms, although not on my side of the room.

It was either that or drive down the road a ways to the Mexican bar and grill that had extra hot wings as appetizers during happy hour. You nurse a beer, stuff yourself with extra hot wings, and have stomach issues the next two days.

I will confess to putting steaksauce on a lot of other things.
I love steak sauce and I love my food dripping with condiments.

I will put A1 in my potato, on chicken. I will put Worcestershire on mashed potatoes, rice and when nobody is looking, I will pour myself a shot of it.

So I am a hypocrite to scoff at your cottage cheese and steak sauce.
It is the cottage cheese factor though. A photo of cottage cheese and anything atop it would have elicited the same response. That stuff is nasty.

It is the cottage cheese factor though. A photo of cottage cheese and anything atop it would have elicited the same response. That stuff is nasty.
Well if you actually eat the cottage cheese before it has lingered in the fridge for a couple weeks it isn't nasty in the least...

I love my food dripping with condiments.

This I will agree with, something like a burger isn't any good unless there's lots of stuff dripping out the the other side and I'm going through a Sams Club amount of napkins.

To each his own. Although I've never put steak sauce on cottage cheese, I put MORE pepper than Nate on my cottage cheese. His may be gray, mine is black.

am I the only one who now has the line 'am I the only one' stuck in his head?

Pepper, lots of it, is the fallback if steak sauce is unavailable. Bacon bits are also a good alloying ingredient. Of course, it's pretty hard to go wrong with bacon.

Cottage cheese is gross. Although the steak sauce probably improves it a bit.

I actually don't think I have ever had cottage cheese. It doesn't exactly look appealing. Steak sauce or no steak sauce

It's very bland, you're not missing anything.

I saw a movie a few years ago that was about life in East Germany. The main character had a crappy government job keeping an eye on fellow citizens. The character had a very bleak life. One scene was supposed to show how miserable he was, so they had him fix dinner - white rice with ketchup on top.

Now I have to find the name of that movie...

edit:

Found it - The Lives of Others
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405094/

Good movie, too. When that rice/ketchup scene came up, both my wife and I said at the same time, "Did he just do what I think he did?"

I used to take ski trips with a group of friends. On these trips, I'd usually cook dinner once or twice. One of my specialties was a parmesan risotto, where you melted some butter , sauteed some onion, then added rice, then chicken broth, and finally grated parmesan and romano cheese. One of my fellow travelers served herself some, and apparently not realizing it wasn't plain rice, was getting ready to add milk and sugar to it. I was able to get her to try it without adding first, and she agreed that it didn't need anything, but that she normally put milk and sugar on rice.

No steak sauce on cottage cheese, but I have been known to eat spaghetti with ketchup in place of spaghetti sauce.

No steak sauce on cottage cheese, but I have been known to eat spaghetti with ketchup in place of spaghetti sauce.
That's a grad student survival secret. Please don't disseminate that info here. (okay, it might be CFI survival food too).

Only time I eat cottage cheese, is if it's in pasta. Never on it's own like that. Eww

Back