Almost naked and afraid

• Thread starter almost naked and afraid
  • Start date
A

almost naked and afraid

one Doctor had me down to my tight whites for class 3 medical check. Two years later another doctor had me remain fully clothed for class 3. Why the different procedure? What does your doctor do?

The only time you really have to worry is when he puts both his hands on your shoulders during the prostate exam. (Never happened to me, I have a female doc.)

OP here. I go to a female doctor for full physical including prostate example. I'm more comfortable with female doctors. Besides, who wants big fat hairy finger feeling your prostate

OP here. I go to a female doctor for full physical including prostate example.

My family doctor is female as well, and has another party - a nurse - come into the room as a witness. I suppose to avoid any claim of hanky panky or whatever. Just wondering if that is common SOP?

I don't care of my AME makes me dance like a chicken. If it gets me my medical cert, I'd do it.

(do chicken dance?)

Dr: are u VFR or IFR
Eman1200: VFR
Dr: well ur not a real pilot so here's ur 3rd class medical.

My family doctor is female as well, and has another party - a nurse - come into the room as a witness. I suppose to avoid any claim of hanky panky or whatever. Just wondering if that is common SOP?
I think anytime oppsite sex docs and patients are involved, there is usually a witness present.

Dr: are u VFR or IFR
Eman1200: VFR
Dr: well ur not a real pilot so here's ur 3rd class medical.

Just got my medical renewed. Sounded similar
Dr (who owns a turbo-Mooney): You still own that twin?
GRG55: Ya.
Dr: Obviously not very bright. That makes you qualified to be an airplane owner and hold a PPL. You pass (fully clothed).

Last edited:

I usually see a female PA, and she's never brought in a witness for either the prostrate exam or the "sports physical."

Last time I was in I actually saw the MD, and he said they were discontinuing the prostrate exam because the research du jour showed it was causing more harm than good, and they were just relying on the PSA from now on.

To answer the OPs question, fully clothed for the class 3.

Last time I was in I actually saw the MD, and he said they were discontinuing the prostrate exam because the research du jour showed it was causing more harm than good, and they were just relying on the PSA from now on.

1) It's "prostate".

2) That sounds exactly backwards from what I've both heard and read.

There goes your chance for a reach around, eh?

Nothing quite like a good looking female giving you the turn your head and cough procedure :)

OP here no witness When I got my prostate exam but female dr

The doctor and both nurses who did my colonoscopy were all females. They did ask if I wished to have a male staff member present as a witness. I declined. I figured three people staring at my ass and nearby regions were sufficient. I couldn't see much advantage in a fourth.

My PCP for quite some time was also female, and she never asked if I wanted a male staff member present during any kind of exam. But then again, I don't think that office had any male staff members. I would have declined anyway. I think it's pretty ridiculous, to tell you the truth.

Rich

The first Doctor saw you in your tighty whiteys and put it on your permanent record that says, "I saw this guy in his skivvies, you don't want to do that..." :eek:

The only time you really have to worry is when he puts both his hands on your shoulders during the prostate exam. (Never happened to me, I have a female doc.)

My primary care is female, the smaller fingers make the prostate exam less painful.

My family doc also female has never had another party on the room for the prostate exam...could be just an overly cautious practice.

one Doctor had me down to my tight whites for class 3 medical check. Two years later another doctor had me remain fully clothed for class 3. Why the different procedure? What does your doctor do?

Just got my 3rd class, I'm 54 and the doctor only had me take off my shirt so he could listen to my breathing with the stethoscope.

Last edited:
Female Doc as well, never had anyone else in the room. Heck, my dentist is female, my lawyer is female, barber is female, what's the world coming to! ;) I kid I kid!

About those prostate tests...

About 3 years ago my PSA test came back alarmingly high - 12. Normal is held to be below 4. Had never been high before

Led to a painful "massaging" of my prostate to get a sample. Put on an antibiotic. A week or two later came back normal. Still, quite a scare.

My family doctor no longer recommends the PSA test, but last time in to the urologist he wanted one, even after the digital exam. I assume it was normal, since I never heard back*.

Anyway, i think the general thinking is the the PSA test gives far to many false positives, leading to unneeded biopsies, and is not worth it as a routine screening.

*Thanks for the reminder - I'm calling them now.

Almost all my docs have been male, and they have all had a female witness come in for the pelvic exam.

I had a certain male PCP for a few years, but one day when I tried to make an appointment they told me he had stopped giving physicals to females. Afraid of being accused?

One of my PCP's was a female medical practitioner. She really got in to prostate exams, and had no problem checking out Little Arrow even when he was full-on horizontal flag pole. On the last physical before she left, she came within a few seconds of being blasted in the face.

The one that replaced her wanted no part of that (nor did I ask.)

One of my PCP's was a female medical practitioner. She really got in to prostate exams, and had no problem checking out Little Arrow even when he was full-on horizontal flag pole. On the last physical before she left, she came within a few seconds of being blasted in the face.

The one that replaced her wanted no part of that (nor did I ask.)

LOL, Dear Penthouse forum....

Almost all my docs have been male, and they have all had a female witness come in for the pelvic exam.

I had a certain male PCP for a few years, but one day when I tried to make an appointment they told me he had stopped giving physicals to females. Afraid of being accused?

Maybe he was just tired of having to pay to have an extra staff member on hand to witness the physicals.

Rich

My doc has me remove my shirt and loosen my belt. A few checks with the stethoscope and some abdominal poking and prodding.

the judge would just look at me and say, "c'mon, no one's standards are that low."

A prostate exam is not required for a 3rd class medical. I've never had one for that purpose. Of course, now the doctor would have an impossible job finding it. Cancer surgery in 2008 took care of that. So long ago that the SI isn't even needed. Just a PSA test every year to satisfy my urologist that the cancer is still GONE. Given how early we caught it with routine PSA tests I'm not convinced that eliminating them is a good idea, but I'm not a doctor or researcher, so my opinion is worth what you paid for it - nothing.

A prostate exam is not required for a 3rd class medical. I've never had one for that purpose. Of course, now the doctor would have an impossible job finding it. Cancer surgery in 2008 took care of that. So long ago that the SI isn't even needed. Just a PSA test every year to satisfy my urologist that the cancer is still GONE. Given how early we caught it with routine PSA tests I'm not convinced that eliminating them is a good idea, but I'm not a doctor or researcher, so my opinion is worth what you paid for it - nothing.

I agree with you about the PSA test, I had a friend whose prostate cancer was caught fairly early by PSA, he was in his late 30s early 40s. Although thinking back, he probably was experiencing symptoms, we used to call him micro bladder for the number of pee stops we had to make for him.

VA did one on me.....there was only he, I and an exam table. I asked where to put my pants?

He smiled softly and said, "right here next to mine, son"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back