Almost 2 yrs later.....

GBSoren

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GBSoren
I passed my written in March of 2017, but because of work and life I didn't really start doing any work with a CFII until that fall. I did about 15 hrs with that instructor, then again work and life, and some avionics upgrades in my plane got in the way of continuing. So my written was set to expire the end of March 2019 with only about 20 hrs total simulated and actual.

Mid Feb in MN (especially this year) isn't the best time to fly, but I had a buddy that was also working on his IFR rating that would safety pilot for me. I did a bunch of hours with him, then a bunch more with my original flight instructor that is also a CFII.

Long story short, with 8 days to spare I was able to schedule my checkride, fortunately I made it all the way to my post landing checklist, he congratulate me and said a boring IFR checkride is a good thing! So, as of yesterday I can officially say I'm an IFR rated pilot!

I set this goal and my reward IF I completed it was going to be a trip to Sun n Fun....Florida here we come!

Congrats!!!

Serious congrats! You got it just in time!

Welcome to the world of cloud-borers!

(Not that the world would end, if you needed to retake the written).

Which DPE did you use.

I passed my written in March of 2017, but because of work and life I didn't really start doing any work with a CFII until that fall. I did about 15 hrs with that instructor, then again work and life, and some avionics upgrades in my plane got in the way of continuing. So my written was set to expire the end of March 2019 with only about 20 hrs total simulated and actual.

Mid Feb in MN (especially this year) isn't the best time to fly, but I had a buddy that was also working on his IFR rating that would safety pilot for me. I did a bunch of hours with him, then a bunch more with my original flight instructor that is also a CFII.

Long story short, with 8 days to spare I was able to schedule my checkride, fortunately I made it all the way to my post landing checklist, he congratulate me and said a boring IFR checkride is a good thing! So, as of yesterday I can officially say I'm an IFR rated pilot!

I set this goal and my reward IF I completed it was going to be a trip to Sun n Fun....Florida here we come!

Way to go. Hey, did you say Minnesota? Get the monkey from @midlifeflyer at Sun n Fun. I don’t think he’s been there yet. Or a lot of them states way up North.

Congrats! I didn't push it quite as close as you, but finished my IFR in December 2018 with a January 2017 written. Nothing like that time crunch as a motivator.

Congrats!

It sucks to have it expire. I just retook mine.

Back