Aircraft Spruce - FAILURE in customer service

They CONFIRMED that the parts were there, 1inch dia 12ft .068 wall.

Hmmm, as nobody makes .068 wall tubing... Presumably you meant .058 or .065? If you can make a mistake perhaps so can they?

In over 40 years of dealing with them I don't think ACS has ever messed up my order. I did have to return one item I want satisfied with the quality of, but they gave me a refund with no hassle.

I specifically requested that the lengths be checked. They CONFIRMED that the parts were there, 1inch dia 12ft .068 wall.

They had the exact specifications of what I needed and the part number. I ordered and paid for the parts on the call back (the one where they lied about having them) so no, no one snuck in to get them. I was on the road the next morning as was at WILL CALL by 11am. They called me approx 9:30 shortly after they opened.

Magically, overnight, two of the tubes that they verified were there (lol sure you liars) eloped and ran away to make baby tubes?

Cut the crap, AS&S is hot garbage and I have 2 OTHER orders that they screwed the pooch over. Once I go my shipping refunded and the other where I drove 5 hours to pick up a tube they had in stock but magically a ft tube was ‘mistakenly thought’ to be 12 1ft tubes. Even though the final price and part number prove that they screwed up.

AS&S is hot garbage.

Then don't buy from them.

As for one being short, they probably measured one and not all 3.

The only improvement I can think that ASSCo could offer customers would be a way to make an annotation beside each part ordered so that when it arrives we are not wondering "which plane, which place on the plane?" I order a few of these, a few of those x 30...then when they arrive there is a little headscratching going on.

Then don't buy from them.

As for one being short, they probably measured one and not all 3.

Just bought a $400 3x rivet gun kit… NOT from AS&S. Yardstore FTW.

AS&S is just not worth the gamble considering every time I ordered (3 times in 8 months) they managed to royally screw me over.

I’m POSITIVE that more people have problems, but they will never speak up.

Went to ACS in Peachtree City this morning to return a mag I'd purchased, but didn't need. Easy return with the RMA and they pulled the order I'd placed overnight immediately. I walked in when they opened the doors at 8:00 and was out the door by 8:06.

Sadly, one of the parts I picked up when I was there was a misorder on my part. I didn't realize it until I got home. So I'll pay the extra $5 for them to ship what I really needed, rather than spend an hour and a half on a round trip down there. The parts I misordered? I think I have $0.70 invested there, so I'll just be putting them with all the other miscellaneous stuff.

Just to emphasize how much I despise AS&S is here is Jim Irwin stating that yes, the CS rep did in fact lie to me:

"On the order for tubing in July, Sxxxxx Pxxxx (I redacted the CS name) in the customer service department took the call and apparently did not physically verify (emphasis mine) that the full lengths you needed were in stock. When the warehouse went to pull the order they found only one length in stock, and you were they called and advised while you were enroute to our store."

But the BS part is that I ORDERED 3, on the phone with Ms Pxxxx AFTER she called ME BACK to say yes, we physically touched the 12 ft tubes.

Now he tried to say there was a 'misunderstanding'. Hmm.. I gave the part number, the lengths, and the quantity I needed. I was told that YES, those part numbers, in that length (NOT CUT OFFS) were in stock and were physically verified. What misunderstaning is there? The CS rep stated those parts are in stock and I gave my CC number to buy them. Where is the breakdown in communications? I wasn't lying about anything. The CS rep... well, not so much. It's not on me if the company can't 'communicate' properly.

See the phone logs screen cap below.

July 21 I called to order and asked that the items be physically verified in stock. NINE MINUTES LATER I'm told 'yes, our warehouse staff has physically verified that 3 12ft sections are in stock, not cut offs'.
The next morning, July 22 I am called and told the good news that AS&S is full of liars (as admitted to above).

This is the SECOND time they failed to verify that they had the stock that I ordered.

TWICE this happened. TWICE. With the same item. So yeah, tell me how well AS&S is run. If anyone wants to buy me another tube I'll place a 3rd order and see if they get it right.

Screenshot_20220808-135428.jpg

Not bitter at all. Damn. Saving almost 1 year old screenshots like it's an anniversary worth celebrating.

Not bitter at all. Damn. Saving almost 1 year old screenshots like it's an anniversary worth celebrating.
I told mr. Irwin that I would roast as&s every chance I get. Gotta keep my word.

if I can make them lose even $1 dollar (and my own recent tool purchase cost them about $250) it will tickle me pink.

I think @pfarber 's view of AS is shaped by his experiences. That means they are valid. Others have had better experiences. It just means AS is great for some and bad for others.

Oh I'm pretty sure this thread has nothing to do with Spruce at all. It kinda reminds me of a passage in the book "Black Hawk Down" that I don't think was in the movie, about an old woman's view of tribal values.

It’s a screenshot of call logs, which proves nothing, we don’t know what was said.
Given the overwhelming positive feedback from everyone else, I’m more likely to buy from AS then before.

It’s a screenshot of call logs, which proves nothing, we don’t know what was said.
Given the overwhelming positive feedback from everyone else, I’m more likely to buy from AS then before.
Thats fine. Both @pfarber and I are both willing to die on this hill.

Back