Aircraft Registration Renewal - FAA or (private service provider)

Bill Watson

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
MauleDriver
I recently received a notice for Reg renewal from the FAA. I got online and requested the renewal as required. It arrived in the mail within 3-4 days. No changes in ownership or anything else required.

Several days later I received a Reg renewal notice from the National Aviation Center letting me know my renewal was due and that I could use there fee service to get it done quickly and with advanced SSL Encryption along with an email letting me know my application had been submitted.d

I went for the fast and less costly FAA option because it arrived first. I wonder if the National Aviation Center would have helped with any necessary changes required at renewal time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Only one way to know is to ask. I know we got the not-as-cheap as the FAA service for our renewal. Had they been around when we initially changed from private owner to LLC I think it might have been a viable option. We got it right eventually but it took three attempts.

You can do it yourself. It’s quick easy, and you’re not paying someone to mess it,up.

Don't pay anyone to do for you (for a pretty fee) what you can easily do for yourself in a couple of minutes. Renewing your aircraft registration on the FAA web site is easy and quick.

I always assumed those services were borderline scams, since they have access to a free mailing list and the ability to mass mail aircraft owners. All they do is send a registration application on behalf of the registrant, and charge a non trivial charge for the service. I don't think they have any special registration magic or expertise in specialty registration issues. You can always call or email the registry folks if you have questions.

I always assumed those services were borderline scams, since they have access to a free mailing list and the ability to mass mail aircraft owners. All they do is send a registration application on behalf of the registrant, and charge a non trivial charge for the service. I don't think they have any special registration magic or expertise in specialty registration issues. You can always call or email the registry folks if you have questions.

Correctamundo.

I get these solicitations all the time for trademarks, websites, and corporate renewals. They look legit if you don’t read the fine print. I guess enough people don’t monitor their accounts payable departments so the scammers can make a profit.

You know the FAA website has “advanced SSL encryption” also?

Heck, this website even does too.

Send me $20, and I’ll spend 5 minutes on the faa website and renew your reg for you. I’ll send you an email with a pretty picture of an airplane when I’m done. I’ll put you on my Christmas card list also.

There is also at least one, maybe more, for-a-fee drone registration outfits.
Pay $20.00 for a free drone registration.
Sure. Maybe next time. click

I needed to re-register and do an address change. Can’t do both on the FAA website so I did the web $5 renewal using my old address and when it arrived did the free address change also on the web. Might somebody else have preferred to pay $20 and have it done at one time? They might. No foul if they do.

Some guys have contractors build them houses. Lazy fools. They could do it themselves, right? Life is full of service providers. Pick some dismiss others. No big deal.

Basically the same scam as the websites that’ll get your hunting/fishing license for you, for a price.
Always go direct to the State, FAA, etc.

They must pay to get high page presence on Google.

Only one way to know is to ask. I know we got the not-as-cheap as the FAA service for our renewal. Had they been around when we initially changed from private owner to LLC I think it might have been a viable option. We got it right eventually but it took three attempts.
That's $365 with them. Wow! That's steep. Hopefully at that price they do some personal follow-up. The form asks for exactly the same information as the FAA and it's incorrect entries in those which result in most of the LLC returns for errors.

Add US Coast Guard documentation to the list. The almost-scammers send something that looks almost official about a month before the official renewal mail.

Best yet.... Just pay your registration on-line on the FAA website listed in the registration renewal letter. $5 and a week later I got my new 2 year reg.

For $2500 I will not only register it for you, I'll even send over a singing telegram to confirm it's done.

Back