Aircraft Bidder auction??

4RNB

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
4RNB
So I see a C182Q up for auction. Min bid not hit yet, auction ends real soon. I figure I take a flyer on it, sign up to bid. I cant bid until registration approved, email says this requires $5,000 bank wire, all of which MIGHT be legit, but I can find no comments about this outlet.

https://aircraftbidder.com/Listing/Details/288653/N97221-1979-Cessna-182Q

With two bids the price is now up to 85K.

Any experience or opinion of this outfit?

Read through the logbooks. I would not bid on that aircraft without a complete inspection for corrosion.

$5000 just to enter the bidding, plus a 5% buyers premium on top of your bid? You have less than 2 days to review logs and inspect the plane? No thank you

You'd think by Googl'ing them, more would come up... but I didn't see much. I did find an Aircraft Bidder here in Florida and it's owner is Lone Mountain Aircraft LLC (https://www.lonemountainaircraft.com). Not sure if they're the same?? Maybe contact them direct and see what you can learn.

$5000 just to enter the bidding, plus a 5% buyers premium on top of your bid? You have less than 2 days to review logs and inspect the plane? No thank you

None of that is unusual for an auction. Bid accordingly.

Note that $85,000 has not yet cleared the reserve. Seems like it goes back and forth between Waterbury-Oxford and the Hamptons a lot. The auctioneer listed is a legitimate guy from Ohio (if he is indeed involved with them). I'm leary of sites that provide no information about the corporate entity, street address whatever, and are hiding behind an anonymous registration. THey're hosted on on a generic auction server site.

Found this brochure which provides a little more information:
https://www.lonemountainaircraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/N97221-Auction-Spec.pdf

It mentions an additional party John Stull with an Ohio phone number, whose BIO on an insurance site seems to check out:
jon-stull-press-release.jpg

Does indeed seem to have pilot certificates and more than a few speeding tickets (and a couple for "driving in marked lanes").

Last edited:
I like the Twinkie on that site better. Plus it comes with a John Deere tractor for towing it.

Someone put a lot of money recently into the avionics. So why is it on some obscure auction site? Lone mountain lists it at 129k

It's on TAP as well. Call for price.
https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...2Q+SKYLANE&listing_id=2396952&s-type=aircraft

I'd suspect this was a consignment thing where the dealer takes a percentage from the seller. Lists the plane everywhere. Funnels everyone to the auction site, then takes the 5% buyers premium as well.

Last edited:
It's attached to Lone Mountain which is a real place, although there are no mountains anywhere near Lebanon, OH (unless you count that deep valley where Martha Lunken played bridge). I've been inside their building before at I68 when I was delirious enough to consider a Cirrus. Seemed like legit people and LM has been around for at least several years.

I think the auction got extended? I cant deal with those kind of rules.

I think the auction got extended? I cant deal with those kind of rules.

EH? It hadn't cleared the reserve. The $85,000 bidder wouldn't have won it. Even the current $86,000 bid hasn't cleared the reserve. I suspect the reserve is somewhere up near the $129,000 they wanted otherwise for the thing.

It looks like there is 20 hours left for bidding.

Is that an extension?

Last edited:
I buy alot of stuff at local auctions. In fact, i just bought a folding electric moped that fits in my baggage compartment and runs at about 14 mph for 20 miles on a charge.

I was looking at a 172i (Penn-Yan engine, floats, partial logs) on their site that had zero bids with 1 day left on the auction. This morning, it had a $90,000 bid. So much for thinking I could pick up a super bargain with a low-ball bid!

I was looking at a 172i (Penn-Yan engine, floats, partial logs) on their site that had zero bids with 1 day left on the auction. This morning, it had a $90,000 bid. So much for thinking I could pick up a super bargain with a low-ball bid!

If it is the same one I saw, $90K would still be a pretty good deal if it actually had floats but it only has the float kit.

Jeez take that poor guy’s picture down and for god’s sake, his traffic tickets history?

LOL. One guy says to take down the guy's pic and info, another one quotes it for posterity. Gotta love the internet.

Back