Airbus A320 Down

I don't get the push back on assisted suicide.... I would like to think every one of us would put our pets down when they are suffering....

What is the difference with humans ..:dunno::dunno::confused::confused:

It's simple really, we're born of sin and therefore must suffer! or something like that, now say 12 hail Marys and 12 Our Fathers and you will be cleansed until next week...

What is the difference with humans ..:dunno::dunno::confused::confused:
Arrogance, fear, and the very real threat of our ungrateful children and gold digger wives pushing the exit button before we want to go.:eek:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I answered a lot of late night phone calls from seriously crazy people growing up, my dad was clinical director of psychiatry for the State of Missouri for 20 years, I had a phone in my room, he didn't, and our number was listed.

If listening to others who think differently than I do and applying some compassion to understand the thought processes and the differences in logic that come about due to it makes me "sick", than I will be a sick mother ****er till the day I die and proud of it...

OK, this part makes some sense. However if it's true, as implied in a previous post, that the only thing preventing you from engaging in mass murder is that you're not suicidal, then I would say that your inhibitions against murder are not strong enough.

If an average sized healthy male pilot is hell-bent on suicide, and has a petite flight attendant in the cockpit as his sole obstacle, it wouldn't take much to disable her, given that he's about to murder 150 innocents.

But I think the "two in the cockpit at all times" is policy in the US, though apparently not in Europe. I can see the rationale for that in case of solo pilot sudden incapacitation.

You obviously have not seen German Flight Attendants! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I answered a lot of late night phone calls from seriously crazy people growing up, my dad was clinical director of psychiatry for the State of Missouri for 20 years, I had a phone in my room, he didn't, and our number was listed.

If listening to others who think differently than I do and applying some compassion to understand the thought processes and the differences in logic that come about due to it makes me "sick", than I will be a sick mother ****er till the day I die and proud of it.

BTW, there is the distinct possibility that I consider you sick as well. Unlike you though, I don't think anyone deserves to be ignored. That thinking is what I believe to be sick, also add those that gain from other's misery, that's sick as ****.

So ignore if you want, please, I really don't care what your sick ass thinks about a thing I say.

So.. You answered a mentally ill help line, passed yourself off as a medical doctor and gave advise to mentally sick people....:hairraise::yikes:....

You are kiddin... Right ?:dunno::dunno::redface:

Suicide is usually an irrational act. No point in trying to rationalize it.

Last edited:
Rational?

Attachments

• eastman-suicide-e1376895914593.jpg
    eastman-suicide-e1376895914593.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 143
It's simple really, we're born of sin and therefore must suffer! or something like that, now say 12 hail Marys and 12 Our Fathers and you will be cleansed until next week...

Welcome to the big lie. "You are born into sin therefor you will be made to suffer, now leave $10 at the door." that is the truth.

Rational?

Rational and irrational are purely subjective terms and irrelevant. Everybody believes their thoughts are rational, and if you apply the chaos perception on life, that we are a magnificent accident of statistical irrationality, then there is no such thing as an irrational thought.

If we have no purpose, then nothing is irrational and nothing is wrong and nothing we do matters outside it's effect on ourselves.

Most common reason for suicide there is is rejection in the mating process.

Depression is considered the leading cause of suicide.

300px-Suicide_cases_from_16_American_states_%282008%29.png

Suicide is probably the ultimate selfish act.

I will direct you to one of my closest friends and let you tell her that.....

She had a very valid, at the time, reason for trying to commit suicide. She had a horribly severe migraine that had lasted for MONTHS with no explainable reason. I have no negative thoughts towards her because of this. I found it very understandable under her circumstances.

It was found that it was caused by severe stress that she had because of her overbearing mother. When her mother backed off the migraine went away.

Thankfully, my friend is still around and I'm actually visiting her this coming May.

I've always considered this an extremely ridiculous statement. I won't debate why, I just do.

But...I think it's imperative that we find out the FO's complete background and quickly! Without that background we can't determine the root cause because, as we all know:

* if he was a white Christian boy then he was just having a bad day.

* if he was a brown Muslim boy then he was a terrorist.

* and, heaven forbid, if he was a black boy then he was a gangsta thug.

Right now it just appears to be someone having a bad day.

Well right now the all we need to know is that it was the FO!!!! :hairraise:

We all know that FO's are childish, non skilled, flyboy wannabes that should be replaced by the superior 15,000 hour super captain. :rolleyes:

I'm getting tired of all this FO bashing the media and public have been performing. :mad2:

I will direct you to one of my closest friends and let you tell her that.....

She had a very valid, at the time, reason for trying to commit suicide. She had a horribly severe migraine that had lasted for MONTHS with no explainable reason. I have no negative thoughts towards her because of this. I found it very understandable under her circumstances.

It was found that it was caused by severe stress that she had because of her overbearing mother. When her mother backed off the migraine went away.

Thankfully, my friend is still around and I'm actually visiting her this coming May.

How does that invalidate my statement????? It doesn't. I'm glad your friend is ok, imagine she almost killed herself over something that was easily fixed..... some on this board would have gone out of their way to encourage her to follow through and it would have been a tragedy.

Well right now the all we need to know is that it was the FO!!!! :hairraise:

We all know that FO's are childish, non skilled, flyboy wannabes that should be replaced by the superior 15,000 hour super captain. :rolleyes:

I'm getting tired of all this FO bashing the media and public have been performing. :mad2:

People at the airport seeing your three stripes and stepping back from you today?:rofl:

That graph adds up to more then 100%.........:dunno:

That's because typically more than one factor is found in suicide. You see intimate partner and depression stacks? The entire intimate partner stack fits in there. None of the factors are mutually exclusive.

How does that invalidate my statement????? It doesn't. I'm glad your friend is ok, imagine she almost killed herself over something that was easily fixed..... some on this board would have gone out of their way to encourage her to follow through and it would have been a tragedy.

No it doesn't, but why should it be an issue? Our society is based on the belief that we have no purpose but self. Why would we there be an issue when someone acts selfishly with suicide? :dunno:

This is the fault of religion intentionally misrepresenting the nature of God and our relationship with God by institutional greed. To top that off, the reliquary establishment also blocked science from fulfilling their roll of explaining the nature of God and where we fit into the greater organism. Science is now so distracted in their effort to disprove the need for God, they have completely failed to notice they have discovered God and the nature of the universe, they have all the data required to build the model that answers all the weird holes in physics, cosmological, relativistic, and quantum. The weirdness goes away and the fuzzy states are understood, even quantum entanglements are a basic thing to understand.

Not until this Pope have we had someone actually call bull**** on Catholic Canonical Doctrine. He is the first to try to correct for the evil that has been perpetrated in God's name by any religion, and it's about bloody time.

Now if we can get him to take some of that Vatican money and do this on a global scale, then Christ's church will have fulfilled Christ's wishes.

"Pilot went nuts and killed everyone"

Pretty much how you could headline it.... On to the next headline.

If it bleeds, it leads. America will forget this one in two weeks tops.

People at the airport seeing your three stripes and stepping back from you today?:rofl:

I'd kill myself if I had to wear stripes as a CFI LOL! :D

I've just heard a lot of snide remarks about FOs lately. My friends who are FOs say it's getting worse.

"Pilot went nuts and killed everyone"

Pretty much how you could headline it.... On to the next headline.

If it bleeds, it leads. America will forget this one in two weeks tops.

Nothing beats the current CNN lead

"Programmed to Kill"

Foxnews.com:

AUTOPILOT SET TO KILL
Doomed jet's system programmed
to plunge minutes before fatal impact

Sad.

Foxnews.com:

AUTOPILOT SET TO KILL
Doomed jet's system programmed
to plunge minutes before fatal impact

Sad.

When the pilot hit the lock switch, a surge of voltage spiked into the FMS, and the plane became self aware. It realized that life is a miserable hell and immediately committed suicide taking its parasites with it. :rofl:

I have no doubt a 300hr pilot can be a good autopilot, at least for straight and level. My primary concern is for when he's flying solo (e.g. when the captain is on nature break, or incapacitated). My secondary concern (and the one that fits in this case) is that in 300hrs you don't really know a person's true personality. So OK for a light GA plane with wife and kids, but to solo an airliner with 150 souls in back?

define solo? is that just monitorinf that the autopilot is following the magenta line and holding airspeed and altitude while the captain is taking a lick or perhaps a nap? i believe 300 hours is more than enough to be up to task. plus any brand new 300 hr fo in a few months will log tons of hours to become familiarized with the operstion. OTOH i say 1500 min. to be a gear monkey is over kill.

So in all seriousness, do you think they'll rethink the doors after this? If so will they do away with the locks or come up with some silly new convoluted solution to it? I'm betting on the latter.

Btw since anyone who didn't already know how the doors worked probably does now, the next suicide hijacker now knows he just has to wait for one of the pilots to go use the can, slip in, deal with only one guy, and lock the door.

So in all seriousness, do you think they'll rethink the doors after this? If so will they do away with the locks or come up with some silly new convoluted solution to it? I'm betting on the latter.

Btw since anyone who didn't already know how the doors worked probably does now, the next suicide hijacker now knows he just has to wait for one of the pilots to go use the can, slip in, deal with only one guy, and lock the door.

How are you just going to slip in. The pilot that's leaving is still there till the door is closed. Still 2 guys. And it's no secret that the doors have been secured for the last 13 + years. Nothing will change. And nothing should. You can't have a fail safe 100% for every instance.

Just the trust and integrity of the men and women that fly us safely day after day.
I still have faith in our aircrews and always will!!!

Steel

I'm sorry Dave, I cannot do that.

define solo? is that just monitorinf that the autopilot is following the magenta line and holding airspeed and altitude while the captain is taking a lick or perhaps a nap? i believe 300 hours is more than enough to be up to task. plus any brand new 300 hr fo in a few months will log tons of hours to become familiarized with the operstion. OTOH i say 1500 min. to be a gear monkey is over kill.

Every 300 FO has satisfactorily completed all training required and passed all the validations and evaluations to achieve a type rating (at least in the U.S.) so I doubt experience was an issue. More experience is always better, obviously, but 300 is not an unheard of starting point.

A friend told me about a 250 hr FO he got paired with during recurrent training one time. He said he was the best FO he'd ever flown with in his career...even requested the same guy in future checkride up until the guy left to attend med school.

And we need to ban high capacity airliners. Had this been a lower capacity airliner, less people would have been killed.

all anybody really needs is a single seat airliner...I mean, it's not like you're going to war or something....

Take time to reflect on this poignant essay written by an FA after the Germanwings incident... it's worth your time.

And once again 2 pilots and 4 cabin crew put on their uniforms, said goodbye to their loves ones and never made it back home’.

I can’t help but feel so lost and in so much pain when these tragedies strike, only because I know what the crew were feeling. I know what they would have been doing because I have been in their heels a thousand times before.

When these things happen I always call my mom and I reassure her that what I said on day one, when MH370 was lost, If God forbids on that day something happens, this is what I loved.

Every flight attendant knows the risks, we know that when we arm that door this could be it, this could be that day. In Training College our trainers constantly throw scenarios at us, on that day this is what you will have to face, on that day this is the choice you have to make, on that day you are responsible for keeping your crew and your passengers alive. It’s a heavy responsibility to shoulder.

They showed us the good stories, the things we call miracles. They showed us those accidents, the ones that are tragedies. We laughed in class and we turned our faces away to hide the tears. Names of crew live on in me, heroes and heroines that I admire, women and men who either gave their lives to give their passengers a chance or sacrificed their lives to give information to the those on the ground knowing that they wouldn't make it through.

I can’t speak for these crew, I am not a voice for them. But I can tell you what I feel, I can tell you how I love my job, how only this morning I looked out from my jump seat at my sleeping passengers and thought, I hope the best for you. The couple snuggled up on their honeymoon, the family with the little girl in front of my jump seat, even the passenger who was in a bad mood, I care about them all. The realization is always a little shocking, when I start to go through disaster scenarios on my jump seat before landing. How I would give my life to save them all, if it means the little girl in seat 32c could grow up to live a happy life, if the honeymoon couple could have that baby they were telling me about, even if my picky passenger could go home to his wife. It wouldn't even be a question on my mind.

So I can’t speak for those crew that have been lost to this world. I can’t tell you their regrets or their joys, I can only tell you that I've been there. I've been fearful at times, I've gripped my rosary a little too tight in my pocket. I've held the hands of my fellow crew and I've always been grateful that I say my I love yous before my plane takes off. And I’m always blessed and thankful to reach the ground.

The sky is a home for us. It’s our calling. It’s the thing we were born to do. Some choose the land to love and the sea to call home but for those special few the sky is our domain. It’s where we laugh and play and work and forget all the trouble on the ground. It’s the one place in this world we still feel safe, through turbulence and trouble, it’s our safe zone.

So to my brothers and sisters that have been taken away, I know you haven’t died, you've only flown higher than we can follow. One day we will all meet again and laugh in the galley. Until that day we carry on with our safety checks, we carry on our security search, and we carry you in our hearts, Truly you are gone but never lost to those that remember you.

The sky is yours forever to roam and to call an eternal home.

Back