Air Wagner.....he’s the GOAT

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
I know it’s easy, I mean incredibly easy, to point out all the blatant negatives in every single video he puts out.....I mean it just doesn’t get any easier to talk about all the things he does wrong, that even most entry level pilots can pick out, the poor radio work, the poor piloting skills he exhibits over and over and over, the dangerous attitudes, both the plane as well as his.... I mean this guy is just a bad pilot. We all know this. BUT, can we talk about the positives? Is there anything nice we can say? Hello? Anything at all? This may be a very short thread, or maybe 1120A will be the only one to chime in, but, anyone? Anything positive????

OK I’ll start......his airplane has two engines. That’s twice as many as mine has. That’s something nice, isn’t it? I’ll add... his plane is very capable.

That’s all I got, is that the end of the thread already?

His two engines give them a bigger carbon footprint, so that’s a negative.
Outside of flying with him I think I would enjoy sitting in the hangar talking to him while having a beverage.
I like my flights to be boring and have nothing exciting to video.

Yes. I have seen suggestions made to Jerry on a better way to do some tasks without flaming him, and he has incorporated them. Flaming automatically trigger defense mechanisms. VFR, he's a bit of a cowboy. IFR, it's about 70% self distraction and 30% confusion about the same things I see in other pilots.

I can turn that positive into a negative. I'd love to see JW handle an engine-out. I actually hope his proficiency with OEI is better than some of the other chops I've seen filmed.

I secretly think he's just trolling other pilots on purpose and he's really a proto-Bob Hoover, just with a mean streak and using his gifts for evil instead of good. He needs a cape!

I think he’s really good at producing YouTube videos. Unfortunately, it’s at the expense of his safety.

I like this. I have been trying to find the positives in more things in life recently.

Here's one: He taught me about secondary minimums. Something I never learned training for IR. Very useful!

Here is another: If you don't like the way things are going on your IFR clearance after going missed a couple of times, you can just cancel IFR! And steep spiral to land through IMC anyway! Who knew? This is now known as JMC - Jerry Meteorological Conditions.

These are just a couple examples. Probably other examples of how to recover from a stall in IMC when climbing at an un-godly FPM... stuff like that.

Thank you, @eman1200, for starting this thread. We all should look for positive things in life.

as in "he positively flies recklessly" ? that's positive, right?

Yes! There we go. And, speaking of positives... his positive rate of climb of 2000 fpm that resulted in a near-stall... that was positive. In terms of rate of climb.

I haven't been to OSH yet, was supposed to go last year for first time:mad::(

Haven't watched any of his videos, but if he's in a twin is it a positive that he won't be in the 90 knot conga line and I should be safe?;)

Overhead break in IMC. Yes! Positive - inventing a new IAP! Innovation.

They called it a “circling approach”

I think I was absent from class when the other IR training kids did this one.... ahhh... here it is in the syllabus... steep circling approach. Like a steep turn combined with a circling approach, but you don't have to have visual contact with the runway.

Moar positives!!!

I haven't been to OSH yet, was supposed to go last year for first time:mad::(

Haven't watched any of his videos, but if he's in a twin is it a positive that he won't be in the 90 knot conga line and I should be safe?;)

Yup, the one year I flew the Fisk arrival, it was 1200 over, and watched 3 different twins just descend out of the clouds. Effin scary!

Positive: No matter how "meh" my ILS approach might look, I'm an ace compared to the typical Jerry split-S visual[1] to final...

[1] Hey, we can see through that cloud, right? Riiiight?

Is he really that bad? Never watched the videos
I’m sure I make a lot of mistakes, but none as bad as some of his, and I sure wouldn’t get ****ed off when I posted them for all to see and got called out for the mistakes.

I’m also not fond of his tendency to push the limits as low as he possibly can. He goes out of his way to shoot an approach so low that he’s the “first to get in today”. Pretty sure that matches one of the Faa hazardous attitudes.

Is he really that bad? Never watched the videos

if you're a non-pilot aviation video youtube fan, he is positively the greatest pilot evarrrrr. other than that, he manages to stay alive somehow. I guess it's easy to do when everything you do wrong (repeatedly) is always someone else's fault.

Um... we are drifting, here... this thread is all about positivity

He goes out of his way to shoot an approach so low that he’s the “first to get in today”
- Ambition! Motivation!

he manages to stay alive somehow
- Perseverance! Strength!

Positives!

He’s got a helluva plane and genuinely comes across as sincere even if the execution isn’t perfect.

he sincerely believes that everybody else is wrong

More positivity! Belief! Self-confidence!

Man, @eman1200 's thread has given me a whole new outlook on life. This is like a new religion. Everything is positive!

is that kind of like singing? if you are going to sing the wrong note or tempo or whatever, at the very least do it with authority and confidence...

is that kind of like singing? if you are going to sing the wrong note or tempo or whatever, at the very least do it with authority and confidence...

eh, nah, it's nothing like that. well ok fine, it'd be like the WORST singer ever on american idol telling the judges over and over that they know nothing about music. maybe something like that.

I wonder if he is aware that he is a topic of discussion on aviation message boards. I must be a really bad pilot, because from where I'm sitting, the fact that he has consistently been reusing the same airplane indicates adequate flight skills.

I wonder if he is aware that he is a topic of discussion on aviation message boards. I must be a really bad pilot, because from where I'm sitting, the fact that he has consistently been reusing the same airplane indicates adequate flight skills.
No, it indicates adequate landings.

He absolutely is aware.

I have not seen a video lately, but the positive I have is that I absolutely would positively love to have his airplane. Someone earlier mentioned a "carbon footprint". I would love to leave a carbon footprint with an airplane like that. Not only is it a nice airplane, but if I had one then it would mean that I am rich. That would be a positive also.

I learned about ASA minimums and Jerry is within 50 feet of them. I still have no idea what ASA minimums are and what ASA stands for the way Jerry is referring to them. I know with information like that, I should be a able to bust any IFR published altitude on the Approach Plate and just say I was within ASA minimums and it should be fine. Who needs those darn FAA regs when you have ASA mins.

Thank you Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was kind enough to email me this once (from his "burner email account"). This is 100% legit by the way I am not making this up.

"Just wanted to drop you a note from my burner email account
I like you passion for flying but based on my knowledge of the FAA and those in the FSDO offices they would not look favorably on you admitting to not being a CFI but offering what appears to be instruction on your videos
carry on

Jerry"

That was pretty nice of him to look out for my well being.

He was kind enough to email me this once (from his "burner email account"). This is 100% legit by the way I am not making this up.

"Just wanted to drop you a note from my burner email account
I like you passion for flying but based on my knowledge of the FAA and those in the FSDO offices they would not look favorably on you admitting to not being a CFI but offering what appears to be instruction on your videos
carry on

Jerry"

That was pretty nice of him to look out for my well being.
Damn, that's funny.

Back