Air Wagner..... He’s baaaaackk.

When called on the carpet by the comments, he insists the left turn in the traffic pattern rule is only a suggestion. Pointed to 91.126, etc, he counters by saying "When approaching to land at an airport without an operating control tower" means it only applies to a towered airport when the tower was closed (not "operating"), not to an airport which doesn't have a control tower to begin with.

That may be one of the most "creative" interpretations of the regulations that I've ever heard. :eek:

And the video is private again.... :rolleyes:

I just hope this guy stays on the west coast. I don't ever want to run into the pattern with this dude. :eek: I feel bad for you guys out there that run the risk of "running" into this piece of art.....

I'd like to know what CFI/II gives this guy his FR every two years. Has to be someone that has blinders on or he is a really great internet troll that someone mentioned already.

Brian

Don't worry, I have a copy.

That would be an airport with a non-operating control tower.

I have to find what I thought was the best one. Went into a place in his twin. Descending through IMC to really below min. Broke out and had to dive and veer right to get down to runway. Was high-fiving his passenger on rollout. Truly crazy.

Once again you live up to your avatar. There's plenty of legitimate things to criticize him about, getting personal just makes you look bad.
But every single criticism of this guy is by definition "personal".

There is a difference between pointing out his bad actions and decisions and making fun of his appearance.

Many people wouldn't be bothered, or at least not much, if someone were to make snide comments about their appearance...but attack their character, and it really hurts them. So you can't just seperate the two, and say well, as long as I don't point out his bad hair cut, his pants are too short, that tie really clashes with his shirt, and he has a zit that needs popping, its okay to make fun of everything he says and does.

Trust me I am as guilty of this as anybody, and I think he is both a jerk, and dangerous...but if he was standing right in front of me, and I said that to his face, it might be more upsetting than merely pointing out his appearance flaws.
We outsiders don't know what is someone's trigger, by just watching a YouTube video of them.
To lighten a situation up I have jokingly made fun of something to do with how a person is dressed...but there is no fun way to attack their character.
So while I have done it, just simply stating that it is "all good" so long as we tell ourselves that character assasination is fine, if we don't poke fun at their looks to.

By the way just last week I told an MRI Tech her socks didn't match, it was a moment where something lighter needed to be said...she looked and said to me "They match" i just smiled at her, and she smiled back, that little thing helped. I am not really someone who gets offended easily, my childhood has left me a thick skin, so when I read about someone disagreeing with me, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, same if someone wants to call me ugly, fat, or whatever. But others are extremely sensitive!

Last edited:
How's that saying go? Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity?
I had a three-hour, um, "discussion" with a copilot once over whether the General Manager was an ******* or an idiot. I didn't think he was smart enough to be an *******.

There is a difference between pointing out his bad actions and decisions and making fun of his appearance.

I dunno, if you're putting out "look at me videos" because let's face it they aren't (intentionally) instructional or humorous, more along the lines of "look how awesome I think I am" you deserve everything that comes with it. You want us to look at you since you're putting out look-at-me videos, then yeah, you get all of it.

These Hate Jerry threads are always predictable. Latch on to one thing that is a non issue after another safe flight and use it to attack the guy cause you don't like him. Leave out his respect for airspeed, his encyclopedic knowledge of whatever aircraft he's actually flying, his clear knowledge of his preferred routes and his obvious ability to handle the aircraft he's flying. The reality is he's likely the last guy to 1) stall/spin, 2) VMC roll or 3) spiral out of IMC. People crap on him for flying fast, but that also is what keeps him safe in that 414.

Do I think he gets a little loosey goosey when Mike is in the plane? Yeah, probably. Do I think the safety of flight is affected? No, not really.

I believe the left seater is an ATP.

Tom

The left seater is an ATP, and owns a very well regarded avionics shop.

Ugh...I just watched an different video from that guy. Wants to keep his approach slow because of the weather...until he finds out there is a Medivac that needs priority behind him. So do you choose to accept a delay vector and fly the approach at a comfortable speed. Or do you choose to push it so you make sure you get it before that Medivac? Punch it, of course. What a d-bag.

What was dbaggy about it? The controller gave him an option to get in ahead of a jet that he was already ahead of. He took it. He didn't delay the jet and he flew that approach right on the needles, landed safely and even expedited getting off the runway. Criticize stuff that should be criticized, don't criticize good flying.

I think I’d rather be in IMC with you than with Jerry.

I wouldn't. Wagner safely navigated IMC without an IFR GPS or decent autopilot for 20 years.

And the guy who said that is purported to be an ATP lol. We had a guy like that forced re-assigned to us in my old squadron. Literally, spoke those very words during an EP sim. Yup, he got drummed out of AF flying a year later, couldn't make it through training. He's now an Allegiant CA, so caveat emptor. :D

That guy is an ATP. He flies corporate jets, along with his avionics business.

You obviously didn't watch the videos he's pulled down. None of what you've stated about him was exhibited in those videos. No competent pilot comes out 'sideways' when breaking out below minimums. (I don't mean yawed by sideways)

I wouldn't. Wagner safely navigated IMC without an IFR GPS or decent autopilot for 20 years.
so he only struggles mightly WITH an IFR GPS or decent autopilot, or does it require both for him to be a crappy pilot?

N1120A said:
That guy is an ATP. He flies corporate jets, along with his avionics business.
which means approximately nothing with regard to safety of operations.

You obviously didn't watch the videos he's pulled down. None of what you've stated about him was exhibited in those videos. No competent pilot comes out 'sideways' when breaking out below minimums. (I don't mean yawed by sideways)

You mean the KOAK ILS to mins video? What gives you the idea he came out sideways or below mins?

so he only struggles mightly WITH an IFR GPS or decent autopilot, or does it require both for him to be a crappy pilot?

which means approximately nothing with regard to safety of operations.

I agree on the ATP, but what makes you think he somehow struggles with that GPS and his AP?

You mean the KOAK ILS to mins video? What gives you the idea he came out sideways or below mins?

Oh, there is one where he falls out of the cloud sideways and a different one where he busts minimums. Not both in the same video.

I agree on the ATP, but what makes you think he somehow struggles with that GPS and his AP?
Basically you’re saying he was a competent pilot prior to GPS and autopilot, so it follows that GPS and/or autopilot make him as incompetent as he appears in his videos.

I can't confirm which one it was, but there was one where he broke out in at least a 45 degree bank, and thought that was the one he busted minimums. If he's the pilot you say he is, there's no way he should be breaking out like that. As far as the idea, I saw the video. I've flown long enough that I know what REALLY bad approach looks like.

Latch on to one thing that is a non issue after another safe flight and use it to attack the guy cause you don't like him.

I can't agree with your description. He (as well as his ATP co-conspirator) clearly lost situational awareness on this approach trying to get lower than the published altitude necessary for separation from terrain. I think that's an issue. They also completely fumbled the departure procedure. That could have easily resulted in a loss of separation. That's an issue, too.

I can't agree with your description. He (as well as his ATP co-conspirator) clearly lost situational awareness on this approach trying to get lower than the published altitude necessary for separation from terrain. I think that's an issue. They also completely fumbled the departure procedure. That could have easily resulted in a loss of separation. That's an issue, too.

You are wrong, this is 100% safe and procedures are only suggestions. No way would a pilot that good do anything like that.

/s

N1120A, you specifically say that he has good airspeed control. Watch the video again when he drops flaps and gear both overspeed, triggering alarms. If a pilot cannot do something that basic properly, they are pretty darn clueless.

N1120A, you specifically say that he has good airspeed control. Watch the video again when he drops flaps and gear both overspeed, triggering alarms. If a pilot cannot do something that basic properly, they are pretty darn clueless.
Understand that you can't argue with someone who thinks this is a good way to break out on an ILS and shows good airmanship.
upload_2019-11-18_19-50-58.png

7cf49c945ebf8b618d188af0e09e940dcc3e513566a6a312479aaed9c77ca233.jpg

Some of the stuff he puts online could actually make for a 'teachable moment'. The videos should be titled:
- the day I buggered an ILS (and lived to tell the tale)
and
- read and understand an ODP (yeah, all those curved arrows, they mean something)

No one is perfect, and if you understand the mistakes you made it can be a good learning experience for others if you put it out on the internet. He just seems oblivious to his fork-ups.

Many people lead by example...some are good, some bad...I consider him the latter.

I offered this on another message board, but no one has cashed in yet. If you get a selfie with yourself and Jerry W I will send you $100.

Back