Air-to-Air Saratoga

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
I met up with Scott from Tyler, Tx the other day and we did a quick photo shoot of his beautiful Saratoga. Had a good time and got way too many photos!

31969251921_dd0f009f9a_b.jpg

32048103156_c59da9eba7_b.jpg

31969254251_f6d9b4d73b_b.jpg

32048103906_8ef3ee05f1_b.jpg

32048105426_fdc9abdda0_b.jpg

32048105646_444a976440_b.jpg

31969252531_3a17c24020_b.jpg

31938841202_968807ccb5_b.jpg

31711726250_26417118f1_b.jpg

Very nice. The paint job looks like my Dakota. Mine was painted by Lancaster Aero in Pennsylvania. Did they do his as well? They put a little yellow sticker on the left side near the tail, but all your shots are from the right.

Hi Jack,
Thanks for the great photos. I had fun during the shoot.

eman,
Thanks

NOLA Pilot,
Yes it was fun, but wife said don't look grumpy in the photos.

DesertNomad,
It was painted in Mena Arkansas.

Real nice! Love the 'toga.
Thanks. I was happy when he showed up with a pretty plane! Makes my job easy.

The smile on his face says it all. Great photos!!
Thanks. As he mentions, he was determined to smile no matter how long I made him fly into the sun!

Hi Jack,
Thanks for the great photos. I had fun during the shoot.
It was fun and nice to meet you.

Beautiful airplane, spectacular photos! Congrats to you both.
Thanks!

Amazing Jack! Great work as always!
Thanks Ryan.

Wow, great pics!
Thank you.

Beautiful!!!!
And thank you!

I love sharing photos here. Always get great feedback.

Beautiful shots, very nice work. I sent you a PM too, but I'd love any tips your be willing to provide on doing air-to-air work.

Beautiful plane and great shots Jack. Great contrast with the plane and surroundings.

Jack, we might be flying out to a BBQ or somewhere on this cold weekend. You can get plenty of great shots of our dirty birds. Let me know if you want to join us.

Jack, we might be flying out to a BBQ or somewhere on this cold weekend. You can get plenty of great shots of our dirty birds. Let me know if you want to join us.
Thanks for the offer, but I've already got someone scheduled. For the best photos, it has to be within one hour of sunrise or sunset.

Beautiful shots, very nice work. I sent you a PM too, but I'd love any tips your be willing to provide on doing air-to-air work.
Thanks! I'll get a response out to your PM soon.

Nice airplane,nice pictures.
Thank you.

Beautiful!
Thank you.

Beautiful plane and great shots Jack. Great contrast with the plane and surroundings.
Thanks. Luckily that's the background I have to work with around here, which isn't bad! Hoping to be able to fly to some other areas soon to get some different scenery!

Not yet, but If I'm ever out that way I'll let you know! I can imagine there would be some good scenery out there! Maybe if I can convince Kermit to let me come out and get some pics of his planes.

No rush! I'm still a ways out to airplane ownership. Do you record video as well?

No rush! I'm still a ways out to airplane ownership. Do you record video as well?
Not yet, not really my thing. I'm working with someone to add that though. I'll let them set up the plane and do the recording while I take my photos.

Jack, your air-to-air work is outstanding. I've noticed that all of your shots have a very warm, reddish tone to them. Do you add that after the shoot?

Last edited:
Jack, your air-to-air work is outstanding. I've noticed that all of your shots have a very warm, reddish tone to them. Do you add that after the shoot?
Thank you!

No, I may be able to take photos, but I have absolutely no PhotoShop skills!! I just try to shoot within the golden hour of photography, usually an hour before sunset, or up to an hour after sunrise. The best photos are within 30 minutes of either and give you that warm glow.

The reddish tone might be because he takes sunset shots!

We took some shots of my planes during the golden hour here in Colorado but the air up here is so dry that the sunlight never looks very warm. I'll post some in a separate thread.

Back