Air Force One Replacement

One day I'll turn a 747 Fuse into a house..:D

Already been done I'm sure. Turn it into a boat and you might make the news (assuming the boat is not a submarine) :D

Already been done I'm sure. Turn it into a boat and you might make the news (assuming the boat is not a submarine) :D

I have seen a a 72 and DC-8, but haven't seen a 74 yet. There is of course the Cosmic Muffin.

I could put a 74 on wave piercing catamaran span and make a low cost ferry for Bahamas, or one cool yacht.

Last edited:
15 families and a herd of goats would be living in it. One day I'll turn a 747 Fuse into a house..:D

I actually researched that alot for my ranch and private airport in Wyoming... Turns out anything bigger then a small Gulfstream will cost ALOT to ship in, and even the G-3 would have cost 10's of thousands to ship in...

Now.. If I can just get a 747 to have to make an emergency landing at 2WY3..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...:idea::idea::idea:

Edit....

Anyone got the phone number of Kaletta flying service...:redface:

Last edited:
I actually researched that alot for my ranch and private airport in Wyoming... Turns out anything bigger then a small Gulfstream will cost ALOT to ship in, and even the G-3 would have cost 10's of thousands to ship in...

Now.. If I can just get a 747 to have to make an emergency landing at 2WY3..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...:idea::idea::idea:

Edit....

You buy the plane, I'll fly it in. You don't need the gear to survive, and light plane it should land out there with minimum preparations, heck, might not even break much. Probably ferry it in with 2 engines missing.

The smell of the required Corrosion X treatments would scare off the customers.

What ferry have you been on that didn't smell bad? Haha.

"Once it's part of any public transportation system, it'll get peed on." We should name this law.

It's very easy to get rid of most of the national debt, and Obama kinda threatened the Fed with it at the very beginning. The Treasury could mint trillion dollar coins and pay off the Federal Reserve with them.
If you want to see confidence in the currency evaporate overnight, try that sort of crap.

Since there is literally nothing behind the currency EXCEPT confidence, that's a foolhardy approach.

If you want to see confidence in the currency evaporate overnight, try that sort of crap.

Since there is literally nothing behind the currency EXCEPT confidence, that's a foolhardy approach.

:dunno: It's gonna happen eventually unless we do something about it anyway. Ponzi schemes always collapse, and that's what we have. We could develop a parallel economy to deal with the issues, but that's not in the picture either.

She does have her own pilots who crew it though. They had a good deal.

We were on a BA charter this fall and the flight attendants were also the ones that go with the Queen and royal family when they fly BA. Talk about GREAT service these folks were awesome! :yes:

A two wheel bicycle would be just as useful obama, as he never actually does any work, just attends fundaisers, parties, vacations, and runs around making stupid speeches all on our dime, using AF1

Little bush spent a full year of his presidency at his " ranch" in Crawford texas, posing in his cowboy get up, sometimes with a chain saw, to show his down hominess. Entertaining the Saudis, etc. he always used AF one. All presidents do.

Yep. The world's worst debtor nation flying its king around in a palace.

It's embarrassing. :nonod:

I'm going to quibble a bit with you, Jay. Part of showing the world that we are THE superpower, and a country which strives for good, is to have an impressive presence. The 747-800 should fit the bill, nicely.

Remember, too, that it will serve not only Mr. Obama, but a few presidents to come, as well.

I'm going to quibble a bit with you, Jay. Part of showing the world that we are THE superpower, and a country which strives for good, is to have an impressive presence. The 747-800 should fit the bill, nicely.

Remember, too, that it will serve not only Mr. Obama, but a few presidents to come, as well.

It (the new plane) will NEVER serve Obama.

You are assuming the country will last that long....:redface:......:nonod:....:no:..

As I pointed out upstream, this issue has nothing to do with the current occupant, and everything to do with the peacock puffery of a destitute nation.

It's embarrassing.

As I pointed out upstream, this issue has nothing to do with the current occupant, and everything to do with the peacock puffery of a destitute nation.

It's embarrassing.

I agree with that, it's just a display of excess consumption, but that is part of the facade that keeps people believing in our economy. The day that falters is the day America finally collapses so it can be rebuilt free of the burdens dragging us down now. Or we can choose to change back into a productive society rather than a consumption one, and we'll quit wasting money on wars we can't win by fighting.

bill clinton had his faults but he was likable.

hilary is down right evil.

I don't particularly think men who climb on board private jets to head off to sex islands with women trapped in human trafficking, are particularly likable.

Hilary knew. And didn't care.

Edit....

I might be able to get you a deal from these folks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/747_Wing_House

The F-35 is pretty cheap when you consider the capability it brings to the table. It's only about 2.5X as expensive as an F-18 today. Costs will be reduced further as more are purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh if only that were true. The only real-world capability it's bringing is more debt...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh if only that were true. The only real-world capability it's bringing is more debt...

Seriously that sad of a platform?:( Does it bring anything to the table besides stealth? Has the price per copy exceeded the F-22 yet?

We'd be better off building more A-10s. With as much money as has been spent on the F-35 we could have many many more effective, cheaper ground attack birds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Yep, they are way more expensive than the 22 was - and that's after the cost of the 22 was increased since we only bought 183 instead of 750.

It does have a slightly better electronic attack suite than other platforms. It has W A Y less performance, W A Y less ordinance and it is very cumbersome to deploy with. It's also less stealthy than some other stealth airplanes we have already...

We'd be better off building more A-10s. With as much money as has been spent on the F-35 we could have many many more effective, cheaper ground attack birds.

There is a lot to be said for the versatility and capability spectrum of the A-10. In today's conflicts stealth is not needed, and there is no reason to expose those costly assets when they provide no extra benefit. I was invited to see a CAS demo using an AC-130 and an A-10. It was very impressive to say the least, and incredibly accurate.

The A-10 seems to me to be an incredibly good value especially when one considers all the weapons platforms it can host, maybe there is something I'm not aware of that changes that.:dunno:

Last edited:
Not to mention we don't know if stealth will actually work if we end up fighting an equal. In that case, stealth is only good until it's base is nuked. I'd rather have more numbers and a rugged platform that can survive in a hostile environment, do a lot of damage, and return for repairs if needed.

Not to mention we don't know if stealth will actually work if we end up fighting an equal. In that case, stealth is only good until it's base is nuked. I'd rather have more numbers and a rugged platform that can survive in a hostile environment, do a lot of damage, and return for repairs if needed.

When the nukes launch, mankind ends, and it's all irrelevant.

More A-10s would be awesome, but that's just not going to happen. There's no support to truly reproduce the old airplane in the same fashion. The A-10 is truly un-replaceable. That doesn't mean they won't try...

Back