AIM Pack Rats

midlifeflyer

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fly
Real pack rats!

Looking for the AIM between 1991 and 1996. Research for a possible article. I actually only need one section. I've already hit archive.org and the earliest I could find is 1997. I also checked with ASA on the off-chance they kept an archive; they don't.

Feel free to PM me and, if you have a lead I should check, that would be appreciated too.

I have an old one but have to find it to know its vintage.

I think I still have a 1976 version somewhere...

Pack rats? I got one with a pitchfork once...

...it was kind of gruesome.

I have this; not because I'm a pack rat (I got rid of a lot of things before I moved), but because I saw it in a free pile of books recently.

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 17.46.04.png

Last edited:
Try eBay?
A quick look showed 1997 and 1980 but others may be further down the search list.

I received a response (you know who you are) with a copy of a 1994. FAR/AIM. definitely one of those I am looking for.

Still looking for one from 1991-1992 to confirm something I think I already know. And 1995 or 1996 should have the final piece of the puzzle.

Try eBay?
A quick look showed 1997 and 1980 but others may be further down the search list.
Yes, if I include the year I want I can see some availability. There are also some in sites like Abe Books. But if I can I'd like to avoid buying for the 4 pages I need, unless maybe 1990 because of sentimental value :D.

I've received a couple of resources for possible library copies and need to follow up on those.

Real pack rats!

Looking for the AIM between 1991 and 1996. Research for a possible article. I actually only need one section. I've already hit archive.org and the earliest I could find is 1997. I also checked with ASA on the off-chance they kept an archive; they don't.

Feel free to PM me and, if you have a lead I should check, that would be appreciated too.
I've got 1994. Let me know what you need.

Edit: I see you already got a 1994. Let me see if I still have 95 or 96.

Thanks to someone in another group I was able to narrow down the change I am looking for to an AIM revision between September 1993 and July, 1995 (The "1994" one I mentioned earlier was a 1994 FAR/AIM which republished had the September 1993 AIM).

Thanks to someone in another group I was able to narrow down the change I am looking for to an AIM revision between September 1993 and July, 1995 (The "1994" one I mentioned earlier was a 1994 FAR/AIM which republished had the September 1993 AIM).

Mark, it's too bad you weren't trying to research this about 10 years ago! At the FAA's Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center here in OKC, they used to have a great library with all kinds of historical reference documents. I used it one time to find a 1996 (?) AIM that talked about the different types of marker beacons (Fan, Z, Bone, etc.), where after that year they removed all references to the different types - I gathered since the others were no longer used (like marker beacons on airways and such).

They also had a decent selection of non-fiction aviation books (autobiographies and such), with most of the holdings from the 60's. Presumably they must have had funding for that kind of thing back then.

Sadly, the library was closed about 8 or 9 years ago when the space was needed for other purposes. No idea what happened to the books.

I received a response (you know who you are) with a copy of a 1994. FAR/AIM. definitely one of those I am looking for.

Still looking for one from 1991-1992 to confirm something I think I already know. And 1995 or 1996 should have the final piece of the puzzle.

What is it your looking for?

What is it your looking for?
A change to a specific paragraph in AIM Chapter 5 which occurred between September 1993 and July 1995. It is for a possible article. For a variety of reasons, I don't like to discuss the details or even the tentative topic in advance of writing it. Obviously, if someone has the edition I need I'll tell them exactly which paragraph I'm interested in.

A change to a specific paragraph in AIM Chapter 5 which occurred between September 1993 and July 1995. It is for a possible article. For a variety of reasons, I don't like to discuss the details or even the tentative topic in advance of writing it. Obviously, if someone has the edition I need I'll tell them exactly which paragraph I'm interested in.

If someone here doesn't come through you might try a Library if there is a large one near you. I have found some pretty old regulations in them before. Don't remember seeing AIM's but ya never know. G'luck

If someone here doesn't come through you might try a Library if there is a large one near you. I have found some pretty old regulations in them before. Don't remember seeing AIM's but ya never know. G'luck
Yep. I had a link to a national library search which gave me some leads. Google Books and archive.org also got me a few hits. But most was still from pilots who still had theirs.

I usually find old crap like that on Google Books. Have you tried that?

Back