Ahoy Mateys

JonH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JonH
This forum looks really cool, I'm not sure why I haven't joined one. I'm in north county San Diego, and fly at KCRQ with Plus One Flyers. I've got almost 200 hours so I'm close to knowing what I'm talking about and still have a million questions haha.

Here's a pic from this morning I thought was worth sharing. See you around.

IMG_8237 (5).jpg

Welcome! You posted a picture so this thread is legit.

Just remember the rules I've mentioned in other threads

-Bonanza is always the answer
-Cirrus's can't land without the parachute
-for any question asked, at least one must respond with "read the POH"
-we will make fun of you
-you will make fun of us
-threads are useless without pictures

Welcome! You posted a picture so this thread is legit.

Just remember the rules I've mentioned in other threads

-Bonanza is always the answer
-Cirrus's can't land without the parachute
-for any question asked, at least one must respond with "read the POH"
-we will make fun of you
-you will make fun of us
-threads are useless without pictures

A few clarifications:
- on the extremely rare occasion Bonanza isn't the answer, Mooney is the correct substitution.
- for bullet 2 the exceptions are snow covered high plateaus, or when 6PC is filming.
- it's considered de rigueur to answer a question with another question (de rigueur is French for "nobody's perfect").
- around here for thread lock, religion and politics is far more effective than Permatex Red.

Welcome Jon. Haha. I loved the 200 hour comment. I felt the same way back then. Then 500. Then whatever I'm at now. Ha.

At least you know to joke about it already -- a sign you'll do just fine for the next 200!

I see you fly a proper high wing aircraft, so you can ignore all these comments above about Bonanzas and Mooneys and what not. :)

...I see you fly a proper high wing aircraft, so you can ignore all these comments above about Bonanzas and Mooneys and what not. :)

Don't fall for this. Nate is just setting you up. :D

And be careful with the words "Cessna" and "Piper" in the presence of the Bo & Mo crowd. They are easily shocked. ;)

Great pic! Welcome to the board!

Welcome and since no one has mentioned, yet, the answer to most question you may come up with is AOA indicator...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Welcome and since no one has mentioned, yet, the answer to most question you may come up with is AOA indicator...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
And if you are having trouble starting your hot engine.....we can help with that as well.

Since I have flown the CRQ approach many, many times, I can attest that you most definitely will require the most recently TSOd metal landing calculator. The plastic ones are experimental and not approved in a certified airframe. I suggest you come from together before trying to land next time.

Oh yea.....don't land on the drag strip.

Oh yea.....don't land on the drag strip.

Ha! My first long XC after getting my PPC was from McGuire AFB in NJ to Montgomery AL. Stopped at a small airport south of Lynchburg VA for fuel on the way down. A week or so later flew back and actually entered the pattern and viewed a bunch of vehicles and whatnot on the runway. Turns out it was a drag strip on Sundays and closed to traffic. Oh well, Lynchburg it was. Landed there to fuel and then couldn't get out for awhile as the airport was closed for an airshow. Fun to watch the show though.

Welcome! Great pic! And whatever you do, don't put the letters Alpha-oscar-Alpha together in a thread. :p

See you in the skies above SoCal!

Ha! My first long XC after getting my PPC was from McGuire AFB in NJ to Montgomery AL. Stopped at a small airport south of Lynchburg VA for fuel on the way down. A week or so later flew back and actually entered the pattern and viewed a bunch of vehicles and whatnot on the runway. Turns out it was a drag strip on Sundays and closed to traffic. Oh well, Lynchburg it was. Landed there to fuel and then couldn't get out for awhile as the airport was closed for an airshow. Fun to watch the show though.

I also raced on the MX track before they shut it down. I got my ppl and inst rating at Pinnacle!

Haha, I love it. I will say this. Over 5 years I've uploaded various Cessna videos and they get maybe 30 views per year.

I upload one Piper video and 1500 views per month lol...

Welcome Jon. I have 213 hours and don't have a clue what I'm talking about. :(

Welcome!

A few others:
-read the FAR/AIM
-Use the search function
I don't recommend either, as it's more fun to ask questions and see all the different answers...it's like people-watching in Vegas.

Back