Ahhh crap....

Lord, Henning, it's a simile! You'll get this, whether you get those or not! :D

What, we have to call him Lord Henning, now?

Well, ok, but I won't call him sir. Your lordship maybe, but not sir.

Come on everyone...dont you know a smile is a frown when its turned upside down? So since Hennings life is kinda upside down right now...hes really smiling. :D

Me neither. I've given myself headaches trying.

That's likely the problem. You can't "try" to see anything and suceed with them, you just have to look "through" the picture and relax. If you can look without trying to seen anything then it will jump out at you.

I'll bet a ride in Chip's Extra would put a smile on your face!

No offense to Chip's Extra, I love those planes and knowing that no matter what I do flying, I'll Gloc before I break it (though I don't really fly to those limits anymore, the eyeballs just can't deal with it anymore), it will hold second candle to Joe's T-28 (if that comes to pass) which has always been a favorite of mine. It can do the same dance that I like and reverberates throaty authorative and definite horsepower rather than screaming with it. You can just feel and hear the Cyclone dig into the air and move that mass... It just envelopes you in it's ability and says "Let's Rock."

Well, someone beat me to it, but it bears repeating: There's a future there, you just can't see it yet.

Hang in there Henning, Chris, and Richard. You've got a lot of friends.

Judy

No offense to Chip's Extra, I love those planes and knowing that no matter what I do flying, I'll Gloc before I break it (though I don't really fly to those limits anymore, the eyeballs just can't deal with it anymore), it will hold second candle to Joe's T-28 (if that comes to pass) which has always been a favorite of mine. It can do the same dance that I like and reverberates throaty authorative and definite horsepower rather than screaming with it. You can just feel and hear the Cyclone dig into the air and move that mass... It just envelopes you in it's ability and says "Let's Rock."

Yeah, I'm with you on the T-28 vs a "plain ol' Extra" but I suspect either one would raise your spirits a bit. My hangar partner has 4 T-28s but they are all in pieces at this time. One is undergoing a complete down to bare metal restoration and might just be flying in another year or so. I wish he'd hurry up so I could fly it.

Ouch Henning. Sorry to hear that. :(

I've gone three years twice. It is a kick in the gut for sure. For folks who have been married for a long time... I can't even imagine. :eek:

The best advice anyone ever gave me: Nobody else is going to love you until you love yourself. That was after the first "three and out." Like most advice you get in such situations, I didn't believe it. Four months later, I finally realized I was over her. I'd gotten a new client and was on my way to put a big fat check in the bank, and it was on that first nice day in spring. I took a deep breath of the fresh air, realized that the empty feeling had departed the area, and that deep breath came back out as an elated "Yessssss!" That weekend, I met an absolutely wonderful woman and was with her for a long time.

Best of luck in your healing process. I know you have a ton of offers, but if you're ever around southern WI or surrounding areas, food, brew and flying is on me.

I was thinking... if a guy loses a girlfriend who was cheating on him... and, a bunch of buddies take on the job of cheering him up... he suddenly has a means to building a ton of much-needed cross country time? :confused:

Hmmmm...

I was thinking... if a guy loses a girlfriend who was cheating on him... and, a bunch of buddies take on the job of cheering him up... he suddenly has a means to building a ton of much-needed cross country time? :confused:

Hmmmm...

:rolleyes: Thanks, that brought me the first smile and laugh in days....:D

Although, I don't much need the time. There's a couple thousand that never made the log book already. But after 24 hrs in a cattle car, it'll be wonderful.

If you want to work around the farm while you regroup, we have LOTS of work to be done around here, including repairing machinery, and clearing trees at the ends of the runways.

That (and the associated offers of flying, and hanging out with Diana and Tom) sounds like the best offer out there.

One of the most therapeutic things I've ever done was to sledgehammer the front steps and garage foundation at my old house into oblivion. :yes:

I used to counsel kids who had witnessed violent crimes. One thing we did with them was to give them empty egg cartons to stomp and smash to express their feelings of anger. I finally tried it myself one time, and by golly, it worked.

No egg cartons here now so I have to just tape up my hands and work the heavy bag in my basement instead.

Last edited:
I used to council kids who had witnessed violent crimes. One thing we did with them was to give them empty egg cartons to stomp and smash to express their feelings of anger. I finally tried it myself one time, and by golly, it worked.

No egg cartons here now so I have to just tape up my hands and work the heavy bag in my basement instead.

I've always prefered blowing things up....

Henning - I am late to the game - sorry about your loss - hope to meet you in Texas (or elsewhere) or anywhere else - you are welcome to some German / Austrian cooking (or TX BBQ as JD suggested) and homebrewed Bier!

Henning, if you decide you can wander north, I'll have 4 empty bedrooms 2 miles from an airport halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee.

Henning, if you decide you can wander north, I'll have 4 empty bedrooms 2 miles from an airport halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee.
And on your way to his place, I have an empty bedroom between Peoria and Chicago! I've been praying from afar; this is the first time I've piped in, but we're here for you. There isn't much I can add. You strike me as the sort who'll manage to get through this. Just know you have folks you can fall back on to support you.

I mean, we saved Nick, right?:goofy:

Seriously, we look after our own.

Hmmm, maybe I can get a medical from Dr. Bruce?;)

At this point I relinquish all routing decisions with the provisio that I get to Vegas, St.Louis and Orlando where soft shoulders await me. There is nothing I would like better than to do the full rounds and meet everyone. You all have been a wonderful group and a great blessing in this time and again, I'd like to thank you all.

And on your way to his place, I have an empty bedroom between Peoria and Chicago! I've been praying from afar; this is the first time I've piped in, but we're here for you. There isn't much I can add. You strike me as the sort who'll manage to get through this. Just know you have folks you can fall back on to support you.

I mean, we saved Nick, right?:goofy:

Seriously, we look after our own.

God called, she said she heard you.;) Thanks.

What about shreading paper? That always helps me. I would have made a GREAT Enron employee.

Now there's an idea for the next fad business: Get people to pay for the therapeutic privilege of shredding papers and sell the service to businesses that are paying to have it done by machines.

I guess your not going to be eating at Outback Steakhouse anytime soon eh?

Outback Steakhouse has nothing in common with the Australian eating experience. You don't really have places of that genre down here. There are nice resturants where you can get a good meal, there are fast food franchises, though a much smaller variety, basically McDs, "Hungry Jacks"(read Burger King), Red Rooster & Subway. Most everything else is a mom and pop take away "tuck shop" run by immigrants. Lots of Deep Fried Everything. No, the culinary experience here hasn't been overwhelming. If you go to a decent restuaunt expect to pay upwards of $20 for a main course and add to that for appetizers and soft drinks. Beer is $16-1$18 a six pack at the liquor store (this didn't upset me greatly as I rarely drink) and a draft beer at the local pub is $3. There is little tipping here so staff will generally make $12 hr which with the cost of living (very high) is basically like recieving minimum wage in the US.

Yeah, this one had a lot of the options I liked though. Losing the girl isn't all, though I will miss the companionship greatly. It's the loss of of the plans and the future vision... sigh.
I hear ya, Henning. When dreams die, they die hard. Having worked thru a few death of dreams recently, all I can say is hang in there, grieve, heal, and then focus on some new dreams or some other dreams that have been on the back burner. Acknowledging that it WAS a valid dream, and then admitting the dream has died helped me move on.

The food sounds like NZ. You don't go there for the food, you go for the scenery.
Amen to that.

It is great not tipping and having all the tax included in the price, though. You actually pay the price on the menu. Imagine that!

I could help on that cross country, but you would have to come up north a bit . Oregon and Idaho would work. I could even take a few videos. ;) Bob

Amen to that.

It is great not tipping and having all the tax included in the price, though. You actually pay the price on the menu. Imagine that!

I don't know about that side of the Tasman, but over here, I wish there was tipping. The service here is attrocious.

I don't know about that side of the Tasman, but over here, I wish there was tipping. The service here is attrocious.

I find the service here far better than in NJ. I can't comment about any other parts of the US. The service is fast and friendly and I know that they're making enough to live on without tips.

It's not that people here are cheap, it's just not part of the culture. Instead of having a more or less mandatory tip, they just jack up the price a bit and pay their staff a living wage. Works for me.

Back