AG spray plane shot near Bozeman, MT

I had a bad experience with a job I almost had in Montana. I'll just think it was the people that I dealt with that made it bad, and hope the rest of the people are not like the ones I dealt with.

If you look at most definitions of normal, it deals with what is the most common. What is most common is the city/suburban life.
However, for this discussion, you should really define normal. But I would think, what is normal, is like common sense. If everyone had it, it would not be called common sense.

Tim
Normal is the mean, not the perpendicular. HTH.

Normal is the mean, not the perpendicular. HTH.
Only in math, specifically in geometry. :)
Somehow does not seem to apply to Montana.

Thinking of Montana, funny story about Boseman. I had an employee who was from Montana but was living in Pennsylvania when we hired him. Got him to move to the Washington DC area, for a consulting contract in Crystal City VA and Chinatown area of DC. About a year later he quit to move back to Montana because DC was too unsafe, and he thought something would get stolen. He bought the company laptop to keep, about a week after moving to Montana he called me looking for the original receipt/purchase for the laptop to make an insurance claim. It was stolen out of his car....

Tim

But you saying your not normal makes you normal...

And I believe in sanity, he brings me presents every Christmas...

If they were cows, we'd be asking it it were a full moo-n? ;) (Blame AggieMike).

Not normal. And frankly, these two things will add fuel to the fire of the folks that want gun control.
Well ya, the guy needed to control his gun better. The AT&T guy wouldn't have been around to fight him if he'd been able to hit his target.

Well ya, the guy needed to control his gun better. The AT&T guy wouldn't have been around to fight him if he'd been able to hit his target.
He was mad that they were there, so he shot out the tires???

I'm not normal. And my sanity is highly questionable. The latter comes the gender.

Cajun,

I don't think you speak for most women. Sure, some straddle the fence between sanity and fantasy, but for thirty years I was married to a gal who really had it together between her ears. Quirky at times? Sure, but so are we men. I still miss her.

Cajun,

I don't think you speak for most women. Sure, some straddle the fence between sanity and fantasy, but for thirty years I was married to a gal who really had it together between her ears. Quirky at times? Sure, but so are we men. I still miss her.

Sounds like she was a pretty lucky lady.

I'm not normal. And my sanity is highly questionable. The latter comes the gender.

Cajun,

So you only contest her last sentence? :D

I've heard that bullet holes are regularly found in the Goodyear blimps.

A few years back a guy was arrested for shooting at powered parachutes during their annual fly-in in Kansas. The judge sentenced him to, IIRC, 10 weeks in jail... one week per year for 10 years, to be served the week of the fly-in.

I've heard that bullet holes are regularly found in the Goodyear blimps.

A few years back a guy was arrested for shooting at powered parachutes during their annual fly-in in Kansas. The judge sentenced him to, IIRC, 10 weeks in jail... one week per year for 10 years, to be served the week of the fly-in.

Pretty light sentence for attempted murder if true.

If you look at most definitions of normal, it deals with what is the most common. What is most common is the city/suburban life.
However, for this discussion, you should really define normal. But I would think, what is normal, is like common sense. If everyone had it, it would not be called common sense.

Tim

If normal is based on "common", then it must be completely normal to shoot anyone you meet in Chicago by now. (Speaking of city life not being normal...) LOL.

Eep!
Glad the redneck missed the pilot and fuel tanks. And I hope they find out who it is and take away any toys he's got because that person is not exactly sane.

How do you know it was a redneck?

More likely some libtard tree hugging chemtrail freak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montana is crazy. I drove into Superior once with my Tesla and had 3 completely different strangers in different places in town coming up to me and threaten me and my car - all within a 15 minute timeframe.

I get that driving a Tesla is not going to be popular there but come on - I can drive my F350 into the middle of the Seattle University district and people have never treated me like that here.

When I was a kid I remember my dad having to repair a TWA 707 bullet hole in Dayton, Ohio.
Must have been landing on the 6's or 36 and made an approach over the west side or Trothood :eek:

Montana is crazy. I drove into Superior once with my Tesla and had 3 completely different strangers in different places in town coming up to me and threaten me and my car - all within a 15 minute timeframe.

I get that driving a Tesla is not going to be popular there but come on - I can drive my F350 into the middle of the Seattle University district and people have never treated me like that here.

Why would a Tesla not be popular in MT?

People used to warn me that hunters would shoot at the airplane when I was doing mapping during the season. Scaring all those animals away, I was...

I never saw a bullet hole, though. One of the jets I flew had a bullet embedded in the top of the fuselage. No one knew how it got there.

Why would a Tesla not be popular in MT?

Seen as a symbol of the elite left ramming clean energy down their throat. In that particular town (population 812) I think what happened is Tesla just installed a Supercharger there a couple of months before, and someone in the town got everybody riled up against it.

Here is my full account of the actual series of events from at the time if you're curious:

"Be very very careful at Superior, MT supercharger

I just stopped there today, and in 15 minutes had 3 very uneasy interactions with completely different folk.

1) Just after I plugged in, a person walked up from the gas station and said: "I'll give you somewhere to plug that in", pointed at his posterior, and turned around and walked away. I've had bad interactions before, so I just ignored this.

2) After he left, a couple of minutes later someone else pulled in and started talking about the charging, how much it costs (I said free). Then asked how long the battery lasts (I said - well, I don't know yet, but from the looks of things maybe 12 years/150'000 miles). Then he asked me how much the battery costs - and I replied "12 thousand". So then he absolutely freaked out: "12 thousand, are you insane? You know this whole thing will never work, right?". So then I replied: "That truck of yours over 150'000 miles would use more than twice as much in gas", at which point he got really upset with me and started picking up a rock (fist-size) to throw at the car, until his son stopped him and led him away. All the time he was swearing at everybody in the vicinity about the "$12000 battery" though. I thought, wow - 2 interactions, never seen that, but ok.

We were initially planning on grabbing lunch from Durango's, and eat it at the picnic tables in the park 2 blocks away. However, after the above 2 interactions I didn't want to leave the car unattended for fear the battery-phobia guy comes back. So I unplugged (I had at that time enough to get to Coeur d'Alene, but were originally wanting to shoot straight for Ritzville) and we went over to the picnic tables with the car...

3) As we arrived (in the Tesla), 2 strangers from the house across the street, immediately walked up to us, beer in hand, and basically said we weren't welcome there and to leave. Didn't specifically point to the Tesla, but is the only reason I could think of that caused this. We looked like them in any other way. (White, middle age, overweight). We just left.

Well, Montana hospitality at it's best for you...

But anyway, why I'm concerned isn't the specific events - I've had bad encounters before at Superchargers, but they're generally isolated. However, this is 3 completely unrelated events in 15 minutes. What I think is happening here is that this is a small town (812 people) with a tight-nit community that all talk to each other. So I think someone in the community got the rest of the community now riled up against Tesla for whatever reason. It's not going to take long before some teenager take it on himself to take revenge on someone's car for whatever lot in life they blame Tesla for.

Based on this, I would strongly recommend at the very least to never leave a car unattended there until the community heat blows over. This also isn't a necessary supercharger stop - you can stop at Coeur d'Alene and easily make it to Missoula. I've charged at Missoula without any issues there - it's a much larger town."

In those small town things, you never know who got fiscally screwed for the location of the charger, or something like that. The behavior suggests that someone did.

In those small town things, you never know who got fiscally screwed for the location of the charger, or something like that. The behavior suggests that someone did.
Or it could be the local mechanic or gas station owner is afraid they will lose their jobs. (think about it. Tesla has about 20 moving parts, standard auto has over 2,000)

Tim

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Or it could be the local mechanic or gas station owner is afraid they will lose their jobs. (think about it. Tesla has about 20 moving parts, standard auto has over 2,000)

Tim

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Unlikely. Did a 800 person town even have an auto shop that could work on anything newer than a mid-2000s car and has the computer tech to do it correctly?

Gas station owner I would believe, but most towns that small don't have a real auto shop in them.

Out there you tow anything more complex than an alternator replacement to the closest town that has a dealership for that model, or a high end shop that has enough business to buy the diagnostic tools. And passers-through certainly do.

If there's an auto shop in that small of a town, it's likely catering to the locals who have 10+ year old vehicles and it's going to die soon anyway.

They probably just see the Tesla as something they'll never be able to afford. Probably had a big debate over whether or not to give the land away for the supercharger and most saw it as not helping the community much day-to-day.

Impossible to say, though really.

I didn't think a Tesla was all that expensive. Certainly no more than a Vette.

I didn't think a Tesla was all that expensive. Certainly no more than a Vette.

A fully loaded Tesla Model S is around $153'000 and a Model X is $163'000. How much is a fully loaded Vette?

A fully loaded Tesla Model S is around $153'000 and a Model X is $163'000. How much is a fully loaded Vette?
I've said it before, but I sure do like your username.

Unlikely. Did a 800 person town even have an auto shop that could work on anything newer than a mid-2000s car and has the computer tech to do it correctly?

Gas station owner I would believe, but most towns that small don't have a real auto shop in them.

Out there you tow anything more complex than an alternator replacement to the closest town that has a dealership for that model, or a high end shop that has enough business to buy the diagnostic tools. And passers-through certainly do.

If there's an auto shop in that small of a town, it's likely catering to the locals who have 10+ year old vehicles and it's going to die soon anyway.

They probably just see the Tesla as something they'll never be able to afford. Probably had a big debate over whether or not to give the land away for the supercharger and most saw it as not helping the community much day-to-day.

Impossible to say, though really.

Ironically (or not), it's the Conoco gas station owner that donated part of his property to host the Tesla superchargers.

If I were to venture a guess, this was a tax discussion/federal loan thing that lead to it - that's what I found fuels the most hatred towards Tesla.

You and I even had a heated debate on that some time ago, though I'm pretty sure you're not about to pick up a rock. But put someone charismatic and passionate about that into a room of 100s of other people, and some of them are going to feel compelled to take action, even if they don't really understand what the issue is about.

The press even ambushed us on that one once here - we had a owners club meeting and invited the press, and they turned it into a "rich kids driving expensive cars on the taxpayer dime". It riled up so many people that the lawmakers changed the law so that Tesla effectively became the only EV in WA state that didn't get a sales tax break. (Don't ever invite press for anything).

I imagine a message like that would resonate very loudly in a small town in Montana.

Going by Edmunds, an average Vette is more than an average Tesla.

Fully loaded?? Not sure.
It's not uncommon to see a Vette $110k+, but I'm not sure what it could actually top out at.

Slap a confederate flag sticker on your F350 and pull into Seattle again. I've even heard radio personalities threaten to key paint jobs.

Slap a confederate flag sticker on your F350 and pull into Seattle again. I've even heard radio personalities threaten to key paint jobs.

All over a bunch of lying weenies in DC in the two fake cults that talk a lot, but never do what they say they will.

Kinda stupid that anyone still believes any of them.

Back