ADHD Child

Actually he'll make an excellent pilot. Probably half of the airline pilots I fly with definitely have ADHD. Thing is nobody knew what it was back then.
Yup. I keep telling people the best pilots are on the ADHD side of the scale. Too bad many of the next generation of great''s will be doing something other then flying.

Quote from a Facebook Friend..

Quote from my 10 year old:
Mom, people with ADHD have trouble sticking to schedules. People with Aspergers do better with schedules. I guess this means where schedules are concerned I should be just about normal because my disorders even each other out.

I haven't confronted my wife about my soon being able for fly having diagnosis with ADHD. I don't know how to approach the topic. She is on the magic pill bandwagon like the Dr's are. It's clear he wants to become a pilot but at what capacity can he be. Maybe there will be a FAA ruling change for him to at least fly private pilot by the time he is 16yr.

Gliders, ultralights, skydiving, para and hang gliding, and for the true aviation eccentrics balloons. Plus the sport pilot stuff.

A thread bump and update.

We are struggling keeping him off the meds. He hasn't done well in his school lately. He is easily side tracked. It's clear the meds help but don't want to go back to them. Its a challenge and it will always be. We find ways to cope with this without meds.

I told my wife he has medical history of ADHD and it may be challenging for him to be medically cleared for pilot medical certificate. When my son comes of age to get his PPL we will cross that bridge. He is twelve now.

I'm no doctor, but aren't most ADHD meds just some form of speed?

Give the little guy some coffee in the morning to get his motor running and calm him down. Mom would hit us with some coffee with sugar and cream. (real cream back then).

I think you can still fly with a coffee addiction, but I'm sure some do-gooder is working on that.

I'm no doctor, but aren't most ADHD meds just some form of speed?

Give the little guy some coffee in the morning to get his motor running and calm him down. Mom would hit us with some coffee with sugar and cream. (real cream back then).

I think you can still fly with a coffee addiction, but I'm sure some do-gooder is working on that.
It is speed. Dunno if coffee would work, exercise works but exercise is icky and gross. Pills are so much better.:rolleyes2:

Isn't coffee a stimulant. He certainly doesn't need caffeine.

O' contraire mona mi.

ADHD kids are treated with speed if you can believe that. Speed being an upper or coffee as in caffeine.

It works in reverse. ADHD kids brains are craving stimulation it isn''t getting, so they juice it up with speed and it calms the kid down. I know, weird ain't it?

Go look up what Ritalin, adderall and the ilk are chemically similar to. And look at what those drugs are abused for. It is counterintuitive stimulants are used to treat ADHD diagnosis. Playing outside also works, but that is dirty and dangerous much better to put little kiddie brains on speed.

A thread bump and update.

We are struggling keeping him off the meds. He hasn't done well in his school lately. He is easily side tracked. It's clear the meds help but don't want to go back to them. Its a challenge and it will always be. We find ways to cope with this without meds.

I told my wife he has medical history of ADHD and it may be challenging for him to be medically cleared for pilot medical certificate. When my son comes of age to get his PPL we will cross that bridge. He is twelve now.

Try caffeine.

Isn't coffee a stimulant. He certainly doesn't need caffeine.

So are the amphetamines that are prescribed for most ADHD kids.

I have heard this being successful with many ADHD kids. They actually do better when drinking Coke. Might be worth a shot to try and see how well he is able to focus while drinking caffeine and getting plenty of exercise.

O' contraire mona mi.

ADHD kids are treated with speed if you can believe that. Speed being an upper or coffee as in caffeine.

It works in reverse. ADHD kids brains are craving stimulation it isn''t getting, so they juice it up with speed and it calms the kid down. I know, weird ain't it?
Sounds counter-intuitive, but that is indeed how it works.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back