ADHD Child

Where were the parents when this happened?

Guessing partying, guessing the kid wasn't exactly planned for.

Sad state of our society.

And I'd guess you're a panty-assed coward for posting that anonymously, in addition to being wrong. But that's besides the point.

There are a lot of people in this world who, unfortunately, still have faith in the so-called professionals in the public school and mental health industries. So when they're told something by these charlatans, crooks and con artists posing as caring professionals, they actually believe it.

-Rich

Always wondered why the FAA's prying into our medical records isn't a HIPAA violation. My wife is a nurse and she is not even allowed to look into my records on line because it would be a HIPAA violation and could cost her a job.

We seem to be so upside down in this country anymore.

While I understand your point, piloting is a big country club, run by the FAA. To access and use the club, you need to be issued a medical certificate and a pilots license, upon passing a test given by a club representative. Club sets the rules.

If we don't like the rules, we have AOPA, NBAA, write your Congressman, etc mechanisms. But, at the end of the day, the Club decides who can be a member.

Last edited:
And I'd guess you're a panty-assed coward for posting that anonymously, in addition to being wrong. But that's besides the point.

There are a lot of people in this world who, unfortunately, still have faith in the so-called professionals in the public school and mental health industries. So when they're told something by these charlatans, crooks and con artists posing as caring professionals, they actually believe it.

-Rich

Oops, I hit quick reply, that was me.

Honestly it's your damn kid, I mean maybe think about it for a second, your young child is hyper, yeah that's called being a kid. If that kid is running amok then that's YOUR fault as a parent.

I've had friends when I was younger that got caught up in that BS, their parents tended to be meek or not involved when it came to their kids. Not ONE of them now takes that crap and they are all doing well and in good professions.

If some ass clown told my mother I should be medicated because I was hyper as a little kid, my mom would have slapped the taste out of their mouth, regardless of what their self proclaimed title was.

Structure / exercise > sedation

I agree that proper and creative outlets for the extra energy is the better way. And interesting how this fits for the canine world according to Ceasar Milan, who often tells his clients, "Exercise, Discipline, Affection"

The increase in ADHD/ADD cases can likely be directly correlated to the emptiness of today's suburban parks and lack of BMX bikes whizzing by on the neighborhood streets.

Everybody is on Ipad/Xbox/etc or friending each other on Facebook.

With that said, I am sure SOME cases are bona-fide, legit, but I think we have a huge over-diagnosis of them going on.

Oops, I hit quick reply, that was me.

Honestly it's your damn kid, I mean maybe think about it for a second, your young child is hyper, yeah that's called being a kid. If that kid is running amok then that's YOUR fault as a parent.

I've had friends when I was younger that got caught up in that BS, their parents tended to be meek or not involved when it came to their kids. Not ONE of them now takes that crap and they are all doing well and in good professions.

If some ass clown told my mother I should be medicated because I was hyper as a little kid, my mom would have slapped the taste out of their mouth, regardless of what their self proclaimed title was.

What you need to understand, James, is that public school districts have a financial incentive for getting as many kids diagnosed and medicated as possible. Kids diagnosed with ADD / ADHD are worth about $6,000.00 / year in special ed subsidies for school districts (at least the last time I checked); and it's all profit for the schools because educating these kids doesn't cost them any more than educating any other kids.

In middle-class suburbia, parents are more likely to tell the school social worker to go **** herself when they start talking about medicating their kids. In the cities, with poor parents, not so much. First of all, they're more likely to believe the experts than someone who is himself or herself highly-educated. Secondly, the schools manage to convince the parents that they'll remove the children, or possibly even prosecute the parents, if they fail to comply.

That's what happened to the child in question in my case, and unfortunately I didn't find out about it until several months later. Once I did, I helped the child's mother put a stop to it. It just took someone with enough awareness to know that the school was full of ****, and enough scrotal weight to take them to task over it.

In any event, the child did not have ADHD (if the condition even exists, about which I have my doubts), nor was the child a behavior problem at the time, nor has the child (now a teen) had any behavioral problems since. The teen is now an honor student in high school -- sans medications -- who also works part time after school and gives most of his/her pay to mom to help out.

So now that I've explained the situation, James, I'll thank you not to pre-judge parents who find themselves in that position. As a group, pilots are better-educated, more assertive, and more affluent than average. The world is a very different place a rung or two down on the socioeconomic ladder.

-Rich

Last edited:
While I understand your point, piloting is a big country club, run by the FAA. To access and use the club, you need to be issued a medical certificate and a pilots license, upon passing a test given by a club representative. Club sets the rules.

If we don't like the rules, we have AOPA, NBAA, write your Congressman, etc mechanisms. But, at the end of the day, the Club decides who can be a member.

You make a good point and I understand that we have to follow the club rules, but anyone else that wants access to my medical information has me sign a release form. If the FAA wanted to make that release form a prereq to my getting a medical then so be it. They want us to follow their rules, why don't they follow the rules.

Doesn't matter what I think they will do what they want.

The FAA medical has a signature release that allows them to search a National Driver Register database, but I don't remember seeing anything that lets them search medical records.

The FAA medical has a signature release that allows them to search a National Driver Register database, but I don't remember seeing anything that lets them search medical records.

Do they search records whenever they want or just post incident? I am only aware of medical record searches post incident (PD or accident/incident). There may be a legal process that allows them to search as part of an investigation.

Do they search records whenever they want or just post incident? I am only aware of medical record searches post incident (PD or accident/incident). There may be a legal process that allows them to search as part of an investigation.

I don't know when/if they search medical records. I have a feeling they do, but I don't know how they do it.

A couple years ago FAA did go partner up with Social Security and match up pilots that were claiming Social Security for disabilities who did not report those same disabilities on their medicals. Those pilots then had to decide whether to say they were lying to FAA or whether they were lying to SSA.

I don't know when/if they search medical records. I have a feeling they do, but I don't know how they do it.

A couple years ago FAA did go partner up with Social Security and match up pilots that were claiming Social Security for disabilities who did not report those same disabilities on their medicals. Those pilots then had to decide whether to say they were lying to FAA or whether they were lying to SSA.
And they got a bunch of heat for it. The FAA knows full medical record searches would end up limiting their power, so it is post accident or after something that raises their attention.

You make a good point and I understand that we have to follow the club rules, but anyone else that wants access to my medical information has me sign a release form. If the FAA wanted to make that release form a prereq to my getting a medical then so be it. They want us to follow their rules, why don't they follow the rules.

This is America the FED's don't have any rules they have to abide by. :no:

Always wondered why the FAA's prying into our medical records isn't a HIPAA violation. My wife is a nurse and she is not even allowed to look into my records on line because it would be a HIPAA violation and could cost her a job.

We seem to be so upside down in this country anymore.

My understanding of things is the FAA Medical application/process is you, the applicant, put (or don't put) your factual medical history. You then are examined by a FAA doc (AME) who determines if you meet the issuing criteria. Observe an EXAM is ALWAYS required. There is no "digging in your medical files" or "private medical records." The applicant is warned that lying on the form is a criminal violation 18 USC 1001 (False Statements).

I have never seen the FAA "go digging around" for someone's medical records and doubt they have the ability to do this, unless a criminal investigation was taking place, and ultimately how that proceeded would be up to the Assistant US Attorney and a federal judge (who would authorize search warrants, court orders, etc).

Last edited:
ADHD, ADD... just another for profit new diagnosis for the pharma industry to collect on. Why is it a "Disorder" anyway? If so many kids have it, it's a plain old order, nothing dis about it. When I was a kid they just called it Hyperactive and had you run it out. Now it's a disorder and requires medication. It's a crock of ****.

ADHD, ADD... just another for profit new diagnosis for the pharma industry to collect on. Why is it a "Disorder" anyway? If so many kids have it, it's a plain old order, nothing dis about it. When I was a kid they just called it Hyperactive and had you run it out. Now it's a disorder and requires medication. It's a crock of ****.

I couldn't agree more. It is absolutely ridiculous but also in line with our culture these days. Too fat? Take a pill. Too depressed? Take a pill. High cholesterol? Take a pill. Nervous? Take a pill. Angry? Take a pill. Can't sleep? Take a pill.

Kids will be kids. Hopping them up on lithium at the age of ten isn't going to solve anything. Get them out running five miles everyday and you bet they'll be sitting quietly in their chair in school..

My advice? Don't tell him you were scammed by the doctor and let him move on in life. If the FAA for some reason pulled his medical records he could always say he had no idea and that the diagnosis was made in his early childhood and he is therefore not responsible. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that this scenario never comes to fruition, however.

Side note, I would have undoubtedly been diagnosed with ADHD, ADD (whatever they call it now...) as a kid and I feel that not only have I turned out fine professionally, but I am a competent, safe pilot.

So now that I've explained the situation, James, I'll thank you not to pre-judge parents who find themselves in that position. As a group, pilots are better-educated, more assertive, and more affluent than average. The world is a very different place a rung or two down on the socioeconomic ladder.

Truth. Grow up in a broken family with parents who never finished high school, are divorced or never married, and let the grandparents/other family members "raise" the children and this is a perfect scenario for some kid to end up on medication. Sadly, it is really hard for somebody to pull themselves out of the depths of this lifestyle when they were born into it, and typically they will follow the underachieving example of their parents. Of course, there always exists the one in a few who escape this life, climb up the socioeconomic ladder, and provide some perspective for those who never had to overcome the adversity they did.

I was fortunate enough to grow up in a good family. Sometimes I wonder how I would have turned out if I didn't have this kind of an upbringing...

Last edited:
I have never seen the FAA "go digging around" for someone's medical records and doubt they have the ability to do this, unless a criminal investigation was taking place, and ultimately how that proceeded would be up to the Assistant US Attorney and a federal judge (who would authorize search warrants, court orders, etc).
I don't claim to know the inner workings of the FAA, but I don't think it requires a 'criminal' investigation for them to dig. First off, the FAA doesn't do criminal investigations. I am sure Cap'n Ron has some cases stashed away where pilots where caught for failure to disclose. I know a Doc Bruce had some examples and I have seen NTSB reports where in the course of the investigation it was determined that the pilot had been taking long time medication that had not been disclosed.

But I do agree that they most likely don't just do random database searches for no reason.

I don't claim to know the inner workings of the FAA, but I don't think it requires a 'criminal' investigation for them to dig. First off, the FAA doesn't do criminal investigations. I am sure Cap'n Ron has some cases stashed away where pilots where caught for failure to disclose. I know a Doc Bruce had some examples and I have seen NTSB reports where in the course of the investigation it was determined that the pilot had been taking long time medication that had not been disclosed.
Bruce has consistently said that your medical records may be dug into any time you come to their attention. Whether that means the FAA or only the NTSB I am not sure, but it's clear that the FAA has the authority to do so. Truth be told, on this I would trust the word of someone with FAA experience like Stache or R&W over that of C'Ron or even Bruce. Even though I have the utmost respect for Bruce, he has not worked inside either agency.

Speculation: I should think that a dig into records is routine after any event where preliminary investigation reveals that pilot error or incapacity might have been involved. So things like accidents or incidents of non-mechanical nature, PDs and the like, I think most likely they do. And they probably don't if the cause of the event is obviously a mechanical or avionics failure and nothing to do with the operator.

But again, I'll defer to someone who has actually been "on the inside".

Speculation: I should think that a dig into records is routine after any event where preliminary investigation reveals that pilot error or incapacity might have been involved. So things like accidents or incidents of non-mechanical nature, PDs and the like, I think most likely they do. And they probably don't if the cause of the event is obviously a mechanical or avionics failure and nothing to do with the operator.
That us exactly my suspicion as well.

But I do agree that they most likely don't just do random database searches for no reason.

I did not say FAA would conduct a criminal investigation themselves. If I was not clear or led folks to that interpretation, I apologize.

First, the federal prosecutor is not going to willingly chase a nickel-and-dime 1001 violation unless grave, severe situation or political pressure. Joe Pilot who fainted in high school and says "no fainting" on his medical, nobody is chasing him down to prosecute him. Jim Pilot who is a former drug addict, says "no drug violations/history" on his medical, and crashes an airliner while high on cocaine, and kills half the pax, yes, a prosecution.

In that case, Jim Pilot's prior drug history, medication usage, pharmacy records, etc would be pursued as part of the investigation.

Such a prosecution would be a team of FAA Security, DOT-OIG, and FBI, or all of the above or some of the above. The Assistant US Attorney with venue would likely prosecute the case, or the US Attorney's office in Washington DC which technically can take any case, nationwide, would prosecute.

All the fancy three letter agencies aside, nothing happens regarding a federal criminal investigation unless a federal prosecutor is "on board" and a federal judge is approving/signing search warrants, court orders, etc. Nothing.

My understanding of things is the FAA Medical application/process is you, the applicant, put (or don't put) your factual medical history. You then are examined by a FAA doc (AME) who determines if you meet the issuing criteria. Observe an EXAM is ALWAYS required. There is no "digging in your medical files" or "private medical records." The applicant is warned that lying on the form is a criminal violation 18 USC 1001 (False Statements).

Last edited:
Well for some reason I cannot post unregistered anymore so I guess I will post under my username as the original poster.

I have given this alot of thought to what each one you posted and I see there several of you are acting as shade tree Child psychologist. Some of you have questioned my parenting skills and why I chose to put my child on Medication.

Once my child was diagnose with ADHD I was in denial for the longest time. My wife not so much because she is around my son more than I am as a stay at home Mom. Agree the DR are quick to push Meds. We resisted meds for the longest time and tried everything to help him focus in school and to focus on completing his home work. His teachers were very patient with him. Once we put him on the Meds "I do not know what its called" it was like night and day. He was focused more and was doing well in school. Its not fair for kids with so much energy to be sitting at desks hours on end at school without a break. His school did away with Recess so they only get a lunch break.

So later on we had learned about classes for kids to help them deal with ADHD symptoms. These classes were taught by a Child Physiologist. We were not told about these classes before we were told about the meds. So after the classes we decided to take him off the medication and so far everything is working out for my son. We will see what happens this school year.

Just the other day My son said he will first fly a Cessna and then fly 747's. Clearly he wants to become a pilot. Once he enters High School in a couple of years, he will study for his written test at high school. The school offers Aviation program to help him pass his Private written test. He will take the class if he wants to. From there we will see how far he wants to take aviation as either flying for pleasure or professionally. We have a few more years to think about this. He is only 12yr.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm glad your son is doing better off the meds.

What happened and how, can't be undone. What probably can be undone is the add/adhd diagnosis by getting it overturned. Or you can do like other's have suggested and hide it from him.

You have time to work it out. Dr Chien has helped a lot of parents and student pilots through this situation (including a student friend of mine). He's worth a consult on how to proceed.

David... Thanks for coming out in the open and sharing post #61.

Based on what you said there, I think you're on a good track for your son. And good on him to want to go directly to 747's from a Cessna!

As you said, he's 12 and has a ways to go before committing to the program. At that time, you can consult with Dr. Bruce for guidance on how to put any FAA documentation questions to bed once and for all.

Fair weather and tailwinds!!

I was not an active Pilot at the time he was diagnose with ADHD. I was on a 10 yr flying layoff at the time. Life reasons for not flying. Anyone If I had known about him being diagnose ADHD and impact him as a future pilot, I would have thought alot more about taking him to see a doctor about ADHD. Like I said we were at our last straw before taking him to see a DR.

Well anyway its not the end of the world if he cannot fly for a living. He certainly can fly in some capacity. I haven't confronted his mother about him being a pilot and the impact ADHD has on a flying career. I still would like him reevaluated later on even if its going to cost some coin. I think the skills he as learned through classes he may be able to overturn the original diagnostic. Some day I will consult with DR. Bruce when the time gets nearer.

I hope this thread has helped other in this situation. Until you have a child with ADHD or symptoms of it, you will never understand how difficult it is.

Actually he'll make an excellent pilot. Probably half of the airline pilots I fly with definitely have ADHD. Thing is nobody knew what it was back then.

Son will be fine. Not telling anyone what to do but try non-medication alternatives first. Also try to minimize any documention or paperwork with your son's name on it and an ADHD diagnosis. Just no reason to create additional headaches.

I would avoid having him "diagnosed" and even seek a second opinion to squash the first "diagnosis". The second opinion could be "well, he exhibits some symptons, but he is not ADHD". "I recommend medications XYZ to address these sympton"

I would get the doctors opinion (Doctor-2) that he does not have a mental disorder but may be suffering from environmental induced factors (school, diet, etc) triggering "some" symptoms.

Write some "notes to self" notes regarding your conversations with doctor. Doctor may be able to write a "To Whom it May Concern" letter with a short paragraph that he examined your son on XXXX date, he does NOT have ADHD (at the time of exam) and he does NOT have any mental, emotional, or other disorders.

This is your get-out-of-jail letter, keep it on file.

Doctor-2 should be an expert, specialist, with more training/more experience than Doctor-1. Doctor-2's opinion should be accepted as "outweighing" Doctor-1 if viewed by the common person on the street with a 3rd grade education.

This helps address the "Have you EVER, in YOUR LIFE, been diagnosed with" medical problem on the 8500. (Item 18m)

Item 18m, 17a (note "Currently Use"), 18l-lima,18x are the headline items that you need to be able to answer honestly.

http://www.leftseat.com/Programs/85008.htm

With that said, if he indeed has ADHD and indeed needs meds, I don't know what do say. The above advice is geared towards him being "on the fence" and assuming increased exercise, reduced sugars and white carbohydrates (bread, pasta, sugar), no soda of any type, and increased fruits and vegetables, may improve him, before Doctor-2.

The above are my OPINIONS ONLY.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Son will be fine. Not telling anyone what to do but try non-medication alternatives first. Also try to minimize any documention or paperwork with your son's name on it and an ADHD diagnosis. Just no reason to create additional headaches.

I would avoid having him "diagnosed" and even seek a second opinion to squash the first "diagnosis". The second opinion could be "well, he exhibits some symptons, but he is not ADHD". "I recommend medications XYZ to address these sympton"

I would get the doctors opinion (Doctor-2) that he does not have a mental disorder but may be suffering from environmental induced factors (school, diet, etc) triggering "some" symptoms.

Write some "notes to self" notes regarding your conversations with doctor. Doctor may be able to write a "To Whom it May Concern" letter with a short paragraph that he examined your son on XXXX date, he does NOT have ADHD (at the time of exam) and he does NOT have any mental, emotional, or other disorders.

This is your get-out-of-jail letter, keep it on file.

This helps address the "Have you EVER, in YOUR LIFE, been diagnosed with" medical problem on the 8500. (Item 18m)

http://www.leftseat.com/Programs/85008.htm

With that said, if he indeed has ADHD and indeed needs meds, I don't know what do say. The above advice is geared towards him being "on the fence" and assuming increased exercise, reduced sugars and white carbohydrates (bread, pasta, sugar), no soda of any type, and increased fruits and vegetables, may improve him, before Doctor-2.

Good Luck

Nice advice, but in the FAA's eyes it does not matter. I was never offically diagnosed with ADD/ADHD but because I had be perscribed Strattera (sp?) I had to follow their requirements to get cleared. If he was perscribed the medication he will have to jump through the FAA's hoops. It was not that big of a deal. See my post way back in this thread.

Jim

Nice advice, but in the FAA's eyes it does not matter. I was never offically diagnosed with ADD/ADHD but because I had be perscribed Strattera (sp?) I had to follow their requirements to get cleared. If he was perscribed the medication he will have to jump through the FAA's hoops. It was not that big of a deal. See my post way back in this thread.

Jim

Roger that. My assumption (assume, a bad word) is that the youth (12) of the son helps. Son should not be applying for any student pilot-medical until age 15.5 assuming he wants to solo when he turns 16.

He has 3.5 years (minimum) to address these speedbumps. My post above edited by the way with more comments.

I would do exactly what I stated above if my own son with in same situation, by the way.

Roger that. My assumption (assume, a bad word) is that the youth (12) of the son helps. Son should not be applying for any student pilot-medical until age 15.5 assuming he wants to solo when he turns 16.

He has 3.5 years (minimum) to address these speedbumps.

Yep, and if he is anything like me, he will be fine. Just a little $ shorter from paying the Doc! :rolleyes2:

Jim

Yep, and if he is anything like me, he will be fine. Just a little $ shorter from paying the Doc! :rolleyes2:

Jim

Awesome. I have kids and besides that, when a young child wants to be a pilot (not as common as it used to be), taking the first "no" as final answer is the last thing I would want anyone to do. This kid could be an astronaut someday !

Good Luck to OP

Jim

I agree with the "it doesn't matter to the FAA".

My understanding about the way FAA looks at this:

If you have taken certain meds (Adderall, for example), and they are only prescribed for ADD/ADHD, then you have a diagnosis of ADD/ADHD somewhere. You have to then prove you don't have it, by getting a specialist to overturn the original diagnosis. FAA has a specific set of guidelines for that.

FAA considers ADD/ADHD to be a lifetime deal, so once you have it then you always had it. And if you can prove you don't have it then that means you never had it in the first place or you learned to cope with it and control it in such a way that there is no need for meds.

It's not the meds that FAA doesn't like, it's the ADD/ADHD that the meds treat and according to FAA the only reason to have taken them is because of a diagnosis of ADD/ADHD.

It's interesting that Strattera was prescribed without a diagnosis. FAA still had to figure that if you are taking the stuff, it's because you have ADD/ADHD and then wanted you to get a clean diagnosis.

It's interesting that Strattera was prescribed without a diagnosis...
Ok, "without diagnosis" is a bit strong. Diagnosed by a general family practice doctor using a one page, 10 question form. Pretty much exactly in line with Slide 8 of what B350ATP posted.

"Almost all cases diagnosed without formal testing"
"Usually mediaction is prescribed by Pediatrician or Family Physician..."
"Diagnosis not confirmed by neuropsychological testing..."
"All applicants on medication for ADHD - Denied by FAA initially"
"All cases have ultimately been certified in my practice by FAA..."

That pretty much covers it.

Jim

Ok, "without diagnosis" is a bit strong. Diagnosed by a general family practice doctor using a one page, 10 question form.

OK. That seems to be the big problem with the whole thing - a diagnosis without a complete and proper exam.

I wonder - since so many kids are now reaching the age where that diagnosis is catching up to them and causing problems, are we starting a new generation of kids soon that WON'T have this problem? I'm hoping there is some backlash that will grow to the point where more GP or FP docs (or school docs) will stay away from a convenience diagnosis and start referring to specialists.

Last edited:
Ok, "without diagnosis" is a bit strong. Diagnosed by a general family practice doctor using a one page, 10 question form. Pretty much exactly in line with Slide 8 of what B350ATP posted.

"Almost all cases diagnosed without formal testing"
"Usually mediaction is prescribed by Pediatrician or Family Physician..."
"Diagnosis not confirmed by neuropsychological testing..."
"All applicants on medication for ADHD - Denied by FAA initially"
"All cases have ultimately been certified in my practice by FAA..."

That pretty much covers it.

Jim

What is your opinion, if you could do this all over again, would my previously mentioned response to Doctor-1 (already mentioned that in most cases, not a ADHD specialist), been a way to avoid a lot of headaches and hoops to jump thru ? Assuming Doctor-1 medication was never used in the first place, pending Doctor-2 "specialist" opinion ?

Doct-1: I will write you a prescription for ABC medication
Patient: Doc, lets standby on that, I want to follow up with a second opinion

Last edited:
What is your opinion, if you could do this all over again, would my previously mentioned response to Doctor-1 (already mentioned that in most cases, not a ADHD specialist), been a way to avoid a lot of headaches and hoops to jump thru ? Assuming Doctor-1 medication was never used in the first place, pending Doctor-2 "specialist" opinion ?

I didn't go through this personally, but I helped with someone who did:

>>
<<

-- add this:

Patient: Doc, no prescription. And I need you to verify that there is no mention or diagnosis of ADD/ADHD or any other similar disorder written or coded anywhere in the medical or insurance records. Also, I need you to make sure there is no record of the medication you said you'd write up. I will get a second opinion from a board certified psychiatrist and make sure he understands the ramifications of the words he uses in his report.

I didn't go through this personally, but I helped with someone who did:

>>
<<

-- add this:

Patient: Doc, no prescription. And I need you to verify that there is no mention or diagnosis of ADD/ADHD or any other similar disorder written or coded anywhere in the medical or insurance records. Also, I need you to make sure there is no record of the medication you said you'd write up. I will get a second opinion from a board certified psychiatrist and make sure he understands the ramifications of the words he uses in his report.

very good very good

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Let me mentioned this. Diet and Exercise does help with ADHD children. Does it help all children? It depends on case by case. Did it help my child. Yes to a certain degree. We keep him away from high glucose corn syrup. We find High Glucose corn syrup in almost everything so this is difficult. We limit the Sweets he eats. We have done things to keep him focus and away from distractions while doing his home work. Soft background music helps.

As a parent I have to been more concern he is getting the proper treatment "trying without Meds" and special attention at school for him to be successful in life and not worried about him being a pilot.

Sure I want him to be a pilot and I know he wants to be a pilot but what is really important.

I taken this discussion a little further than I want to so I hope this helps someone else.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back