AD list

charlie

Pre-takeoff checklist
zephyrhills FL and harbour island Bahamas
Display Name

Display name:
Charlie
Does anyone know of a service that will provide a list and the listed ADs for one specific aircraft and engine? I now own part of a 1973 172 that is missing some of the ad lists and has illegible entries and entries saying all ad's C/W. The shops I ran all had various expensive annual subscriptions.

This should have been done during the the last annual inspection. Most IA's will create a list for this purpose. If the list is gone or incomplete, someone "should" go through all applicable AD's and make sure they have been complied with or decide if they are not applicable to the airframe, powerplant, prop and accessories. All current AD's can be found at FAA.gov.

or...you can pull all the ADs from the FAA website and check each one for applicability and then check the logs and aircraft for compliance.

If the AD log will give you a list of "applicable" ADs by installation and serial number that's a nice feature. I've always done this myself.

Don't forget to check all the installed STCs...by reviewing all the 337's. You may need to contact OKC records for a download of those. $10 gets you the CDs in a week or so.

Does anyone know of a service that will provide a list and the listed ADs for one specific aircraft and engine?.
As mentioned above, you can research the ADs yourself here free: https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/airworthiness_directives/

Once you generate a result list you should be able to cut and paste the data complete with hyperlinks into a spreadsheet. Don't forget about the prop. But remember each applicable AD needs a separate sign off in the aircraft records also.

Does anyone know of a service that will provide a list and the listed ADs for one specific aircraft and engine? I now own part of a 1973 172 that is missing some of the ad lists and has illegible entries and entries saying all ad's C/W. The shops I ran all had various expensive annual subscriptions.
I use Adlog aircraft maintenance recordkeeping system. Nice, neat system to document, record, and keep track of all ADs
http://www.adlog.com/

As mentioned above, you can research the ADs yourself here free: https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/airworthiness_directives/

Once you generate a result list you should be able to cut and paste the data complete with hyperlinks into a spreadsheet. Don't forget about the prop. But remember each applicable AD needs a separate sign off in the aircraft records also.
ADlog does that automatically. they require that each AD be verified and signed off at the beginning of the service. After that they add each AD as it comes out, that pertains to that N number, make and model.

or...you can pull all the ADs from the FAA website and check each one for applicability and then check the logs and aircraft for compliance.

If the AD log will give you a list of "applicable" ADs by installation and serial number that's a nice feature. I've always done this myself.

Don't forget to check all the installed STCs...by reviewing all the 337's. You may need to contact OKC records for a download of those. $10 gets you the CDs in a week or so.
When you subscribe to ADlog, you will be required to make a list (they send you the form) of every appliance, by make model, and serial number. they do the research on each, then send you the 3 ring binder with sections that pertain to each, Engine, Airframe, and accessories.
Be aware that the FAA will not separate the engine when you have a upgrade.

The shops I ran all had various expensive annual subscriptions.
My bad. I thought you were looking for an inexpensive method. ADLog all the way for the reasons above plus a few others.

My thoughts on AD subscriptions, back in the day of snail mail, and microfiche, a subscription ever two week updates, was a necessity, today the FAA has a page with them all listed. But it is kinda clunky, and if you really don't know what you are looking for the ADs on appliances are easy missed.

ADlog.com makes it really easy. It is tailored to one aircraft and they send you the new ADs that pertain to that N number when they come out.

Back