AA pilot to pax: "You can't see the stripes"?

Update: I just heard back. I don't think full justice was done but I'll take what I can get. All this could have been resolved and it would have been a lot easier had they simply agreed to contact refunds on my behalf while at the gate counter.

t8n5g7.jpg

Nice. So they've done what they should have in the first place, but make it seem like they're doing you a favor. Sounds like AA.

I concur. But I also know how the real world works and I'm trying to be a reasonable man.

AA never called me. The only thing I ever got from them was an email stating flight is canceled and that IF I had any questions that I could call the 800 number.

I did call the 800 number numerous times at the airport that night, the automated message system dropped my call and hanged up and disconnected on me each and every time.

That is why I had to stand in line for TWO hours at D24. Only to be shoved a piece of paper with another 800 number after the AA rep refused to help me and escalated to a "manager". The "manager" might as well have been the paperboy because all he did was shove me a piece of paper. And I'm thinking to myself, I waited in line two hours for this?

No one offered to rebook me. No one contacted me back. AA repeatedly refused any refunds. My calls to that 800 number didn't go through. I submitted a compliant online via the online form and have never heard back.

2zsxy8m.jpg

Buddy....

We ALL feel your pain and understand your frustration..... I have a couple of questions..

1- Why was the flight canceled ???:dunno:

2- Have you called your credit card company and contested the charges?:dunno:

3- Does the charge on your credit card statement say American Airlines.. Or Orbitz..:dunno::dunno:..

Make em pay! See voucher I got from delta. Had to spend an extra night in Tampa.
b202a2be904e8c00c2f43fa279f7c22c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superb. You got a refund, which is what you're entitled to & all they're obligated to do under law and the CoC. Had you been a very high-value customer they might have offered a bit more, but under the circumstances they did the right thing.

Most companies that provide goods and services limit the damages to what you originally paid (unless the law requires more), so they've done what pretty much anyone else would have done.

No one here is building their own airplane from scratch right?
building a plane from scratch? what kind of crazy talk is that? The only thing more ludicrous would be to then put children in it.

Attachments

• garage flying.jpg
    garage flying.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 31
Where is it saying he's getting a refund? I read it to say he's being referred to Passenger Refund dept. since he ELECTED to cancel his trip.

Is it automatically a refund just being referred to the dept.?

Hold on, this pony may not have stopped buckin yet. ;):rollercoaster:

It wouldn't have made a difference if I booked a first class ticket. The was only one other flight from DFW to SEA that night and it was all full, even the first class on that flight.
Cool story. How's your private pilot training going? Any issues so far with your instructor? Have you decided yet whether you'll rent or own? Got any questions about headsets or pilot iPad apps?

No?

Perhaps you meant to go here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Airline+complaint+forum

Back