A question about the perception of passing time

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
There are a lot of weekends that go by in a flash. Monday morning shows up and I feel like I was just there.

Once in awhile Monday morning shows up and it feels like I had a really good long weekend and I am ready to get back. I really have the sense that the weekend felt longer than it was.

What causes that and how to I do I orchestrate my time such that it feels like I got more time rather than less? And if I am the only person that experiences this I will head to the asylum.

......just wait 'til you get older - all time accelerates then. Problem solved.

....except for that getting older thing.

I get the faster as we age. Someone once explained as we age, a year is a smaller fraction of our existence when I am 50 a year is 1/50th of my known life when I am 2 it is half.

I am more trying to figure out why some weekends feel like they were 12 hours long when they are over and some feel like they were 4 days.
Ultimately I want them all to feel like they were a week long. Maybe I am packing too much crap into my weekends and getting no real downtime.
Or maybe it is just like Deja Vu where sometimes it just does.

sounds like you need an e6b to help solve your time problems.

are you having a dull day? maybe you fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way...

are you having a dull day? maybe you fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way...
Isn't a fritter like a donut?
My mornings are pretty laid back. Currently building an RC plane w/ my kids until the coffee runs out.
Then on to do productive things. My afternoons are generally overbooked.

Isn't a fritter like a donut?
My mornings are pretty laid back. Currently building an RC plane w/ my kids until the coffee runs out.
Then on to do productive things. My afternoons are generally overbooked.

I like peach fritters. But, don't eat 'em no more.

DSC_00081-2.jpg

I just was hoping to get an answer so I could capitalize sooner.
If the magic solution was take a nap or something, I was going to be totally stoked.

Depends on how busy your weekend was. I get 7 days off in a row. If I'm just relaxing and mostly sitting around or napping those 7 days, it seems like it took forever and I'm ready to go back to work. If I spent the 7 days off traveling or attending various events, the start of the work week happens sooner than I would like. Since work is easy anyway, it's not that big a deal. ;)

I just was hoping to get an answer so I could capitalize sooner.
If the magic solution was take a nap or something, I was going to be totally stoked.

No, no naps for you. Get on a trampoline. With yager shots between bounces. If you can.

When I fly, an hour seems like 15 minutes, so I can understand where your coming from with this.

The general theory of relativity as related to time travel states that spending time with relatives slows down time. So I suggest spending more time with family if you want more time.

Yeah, it’s a trade off.

Avoid alien abduction. Otherwise the whole weekend can pass before you know it.

I get the faster as we age. Someone once explained as we age, a year is a smaller fraction of our existence when I am 50 a year is 1/50th of my known life when I am 2 it is half.

Some one else explained that each year that goes by is a bigger chunk of what you have left.

Avoid alien abduction. Otherwise the whole weekend can pass before you know it.
.....but there's that associated orifice probe thing there....

Retire, then there are no weekends or weekdays since it’s all the same.
The same has been said about my field, but the meaning is very, very different. o_O

Nauga,
wherever, whenever

"Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future,"

Nauga,
who had a giant rubber shark

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines