A&P to Airman??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it still an airman.....if she is a female? :eek:

14 CFR §1.3 Rules of construction.
(a) In Subchapters A through K of this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:

(1) Words importing the singular include the plural;

(2) Words importing the plural include the singular; and

(3) Words importing the masculine gender include the feminine.

Sorry, I can't help myself.

And I bet that happened quite a bit for you.
let me guess it NEVER happened to you?? Ya it happens to everyone more so from QA when your working at a CRS, because everyone has something to prove when it comes to people in the FAA and QA. The FAA busts the QA's balls and then the QA busts the tech's balls. If you say other wise then your full of crap. You would be the perfect FAA/QA guy trying to show that you know best out of everyone, because you understand it the best!!!

You know you could have just said "hey dude, just FYI you know that the FAA considers A&P is considered airman too" instead of acting like a douche and saying I dont know what he is talking about blah blah blah when clearly if you read the post you can figure it out.....total dickk

hahahah ya I forgot how cheap these guys are. My dad owns a shop at KAUS and the crap these people would try to pull not paying their bills and bitching about a couple hundred dollars while they drive off in a 100,000 dollar car.
That's how they can afford a $100000 car.

Hey guys, just signed up to this forum because I am interested in becoming a pilot as well as going through it with my 16 year old daughter.

I had two questions currently:

1. Do you get compensated more if you are an A&P as well as have your pilots license?

2. Are there quite a few woman pilots out there and what are their chances for advancement?

1. Most likely no. But just might be asked to fix something. There are exceptions though. Depends on what you're flying and where your based

2. Yes

By definition the FAA is stupid as **** with no reasoning skills and a bunch of *******s douchebags .....so are you a FAA agent? sounds like it right?
I know him. We worked together at American Trans Air from about '87 to '97. He's a great mechanic and as I understand it a private pilot now, too. A mechanic certificate is an Airman certificate.

Last edited:
ohhh come on its all a bunch of crap anyway. Ive been doing this since I was 15 and those things have not benefited me one bit unless some FAA or QA bastard was busting my balls.
Admitting that the FAA and QA have busted your balls, says quite a lot. 40 years, and I've never had my balls busted by either. You need to join the Face Book Grumpy Old Aircraft Mechanics page, someone there will give you a butthurt sheet to fill out.

Last edited:
You know you could have just said "hey dude, just FYI you know that the FAA considers A&P is considered airman too" instead of acting like a douche and saying I dont know what he is talking about blah blah blah when clearly if you read the post you can figure it out.....total dickk
You ain't seen dickk, yet!!!

Nothing on my license says "airman" is says mechanic. Why would a mechanic be called an airman, we do not go into the air, a pilot goes into the air.
Lots of mechanics go into the air. Your lack of experience is showing. Ever heard of a PFE, Professional Flight Engineer? Guess not. True, they are on their way out along with FE's. How about Crew Chiefs or Flight Mechanics that go with the aircraft? If you happened to still have a paper certificate you will find a couple of references to Airmen on the back. And, when you go to replace your mechanic's certificate you will be dealing with the Airman Certification Branch.

Last edited:
let me guess it NEVER happened to you?? Ya it happens to everyone more so from QA when your working at a CRS, because everyone has something to prove when it comes to people in the FAA and QA. The FAA busts the QA's balls and then the QA busts the tech's balls. If you say other wise then your full of crap. You would be the perfect FAA/QA guy trying to show that you know best out of everyone, because you understand it the best!!!
You have a dangerous attitude, and fail to understand that Inspectors and QA oversight is for the sheer purpose of ensuring that approved and acceptable practices are being adhered to. We get a lot of bad out of stock components, what components do you deal with?

Last edited:
I know him. We worked together at American Trans Air from about '87 to '97. He's a great mechanic and as I understand it a private pilot now, too. A mechanic certificate is an Airman certificate.
you have to be an idiot not to be "great mechanic" at an airline unless you are the 1% that actually troubleshoot. Now we are sitting here splitting hairs about definitions of things that really dont matter when it comes to real life. I work business jet AOG so there is no room to be messing around with rules and regulations at every moment. They want their plane fixed fast as possible to get it in the air. Thats not saying safety and following the MM goes out the window but you definitely dont bother with following the little BS rules and regs that would apply in the hangar. IF the FAA or any QA would know what we do out there, they would faint. But you know what...that is how we have to do things in the field, and that my friends is where the truth comes out about what the rules and regs are really intended and made for. Its all about lawsuits and the potential for lawsuits and not about safety like its taught to be.
Just picture yourself on a deserted island with a broken aircraft. The only way off the island is to fix this aircraft. Now tell me are you going to adhere to the rules and regulations and not fix the aircraft because the only way to fix this airplane is to use a non approved practices set in the AMM or the FAA?? noooo unless you are a retard. This proves my point you and anyone else that talks this bs is full of their selves.
Yes I didnt know that A&P's were considered airmen (apparently knowing this makes you a GREAT mechanic) and yes I am aware that there are mechanics that fly with the aircraft (I know one that flys on conair type) but that was not my point. I was just showing how stupid the FAA is and how douchey your friend is for being an ass and replying in a rude manner (now I look like an ass for putting him in his place) instead of telling me straight up..."hey this is the correct way" and I would have left it at that and said thanks. This just shows me that people will go out of their way to treat people like as$holes to make themselves feel better.

Last edited:
....and IAs don't do maintenance.....they inspect.
lol yes you are right annnnnd the IAs are for piston poppers and it just means you can memorize the important FAR parts and take a test on them.....which I could care less about. Turbines all the way baby, more money more pay more exciting!!!

Last edited:
Admitting that the FAA and QA have busted your balls, says quite a lot. 40 years, and I've never had my balls busted by either. You need to join the Face Book Grumpy Old Aircraft Mechanics page, someone there will give you a butthurt sheet to fill out.
Then that means your job wasnt hard enough for the QA or FAA to pay attention to. See when you do a really hard job on an aircraft other than removing panels and looking behind them and putting the panels back on, then you have QA or if your lucky enough the FAA will come out and actually inspect your job!!!

Gotta love popping into what seems like a boring thread and then seeing the meltdown!

An odd thread for sure. Someone with 1 post comes here, asks a question he would know the answer to if he was an A&P and within 5 posts the drama and personal insults start. Mhhh...

An odd thread for sure. Someone with 1 post comes here, asks a question he would know the answer to if he was an A&P and within 5 posts the drama and personal insults start. Mhhh...
Why would I have known the answers to the questions I asked? Is everyone on here trying to make me seem like an a$$? I only have seen/met 2 women pilots in the past 10 years. Since I am not gojng to act like I know everything like ke some of these jerks I asked the question.

Same with being a pilot/a&p. I only met one and didnt know the details. Sooooo therefore I ASKED the questions!!!

Wtf is wrong with some of you? Cant yall be like the others and answer the F'ing question instead of being like the first douche. See thats when I have to become an a. Jerk. And I really dont like stooping to that level.

Why would I have known the answers to the questions I asked?

Because you claim to work in the industry. If you do, then the answers you were seeking would have already come to you.

Is everyone on here trying to make me seem like an a$$?

You don't seem to require any assistance.

Let me just assume for a minute that you are for real and I'll try to give you my most non-judgmental answers:

1. Do you get compensated more if you are an A&P as well as have your pilots license? [/quote

Unless the job requirements specifically ask for that combination, I doubt you would get anything more than someone who is 'just' a pilot. It may give you a leg up over another candidate when applying for a particular flying job. One of my partners is an A&P and ATP. He cut his teeth flying in Alaska and he worked as both pilot and mechanic for the charter operator. Allowed him to fix some simple things while at an outstation when other pilots would have had to fly in a mechanic.

2. Are there quite a few woman pilots out there and what are their chances for advancement?

Not many. About 5% of commercial pilots are women. I would think that currently their chances for advancement are as good as those of a male pilot. If you are willing to make the lifestyle sacrifices required to get ahead in aviation, there are lots of opportunities.

Because you claim to work in the industry. If you do, then the answers you were seeking would have already come to you.
So are you adding to this douchebaggery now?? So just because I "claim" to be in the industry I have to know these answers? I guess you could consider the part where I asked " what are their chances for advancement " that could be considered a stupid question because women would have the same chances regardless and I apologize for that, but like I stated in my last post how would I have known the answers and even if I did know the answers its in poor practice to think you know the correct answer to everything. I was just trying to get some input and experiences from others because I dont claim to know everything like IM SUPPOSED TO apparently....SORRRYYYY and I havnt met every women pilot nor every person that has been an A&P and pilot at the same time. I know if I asked most of my co workers and friends they wouldnt know hardly anyone that fit that description. You SkyDog58, and that other jerkoff need to get off your high horse and just admit your being douchbags and apologize

Gotta love popping into what seems like a boring thread and then seeing the meltdown!
well we know where you stand....
open
sick.png

you have to be an idiot not to be "great mechanic" at an airline unless you are the 1% that actually troubleshoot. Now we are sitting here splitting hairs about definitions of things that really dont matter when it comes to real life. I work business jet AOG so there is no room to be messing around with rules and regulations at every moment. They want their plane fixed fast as possible to get it in the air. Thats not saying safety and following the MM goes out the window but you definitely dont bother with following the little BS rules and regs that would apply in the hangar. IF the FAA or any QA would know what we do out there, they would faint. But you know what...that is how we have to do things in the field, and that my friends is where the truth comes out about what the rules and regs are really intended and made for. Its all about lawsuits and the potential for lawsuits and not about safety like its taught to be.
Just picture yourself on a deserted island with a broken aircraft. The only way off the island is to fix this aircraft. Now tell me are you going to adhere to the rules and regulations and not fix the aircraft because the only way to fix this airplane is to use a non approved practices set in the AMM or the FAA?? noooo unless you are a retard. This proves my point you and anyone else that talks this bs is full of their selves.
Yes I didnt know that A&P's were considered airmen (apparently knowing this makes you a GREAT mechanic) and yes I am aware that there are mechanics that fly with the aircraft (I know one that flys on conair type) but that was not my point. I was just showing how stupid the FAA is and how douchey your friend is for being an ass and replying in a rude manner (now I look like an ass for putting him in his place) instead of telling me straight up..."hey this is the correct way" and I would have left it at that and said thanks. This just shows me that people will go out of their way to treat people like as$holes to make themselves feel better.
My friend wasn't rude. It was sarcasm, not his fault you couldn't see that. All you needed to do was LOL. I've worked line maintenance, 121 freight, nights at a hub with a ****load of airplanes and a couple of hours. You ain't telling me anything, but you're an idiot for telling the world. Deserted island with a broken aircraft is a totally unique situation. If you are implying that's how you deal with aircraft every day, find other work.

You should switch to decaf.

Then that means your job wasnt hard enough for the QA or FAA to pay attention to. See when you do a really hard job on an aircraft other than removing panels and looking behind them and putting the panels back on, then you have QA or if your lucky enough the FAA will come out and actually inspect your job!!!
Keep guessing. Skydog and I were in the group always assigned to major tasks. They can come inspect my work anytime. I got no problem with that. You're the one that has a problem with them.

Thread closed pending MC review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back