These days they're issuing permits by email instead of fax but other than that my experience is the same as yours.
If I went there I would not need a ferry permit. I'd just fix it.

That's not a bad offer, but putting you up and transporting you would probably make it too expensive quickly, never mind if you find problems.
What do you mean if?

You will spend to get it annulled anyway, might better to get it done all at once.
But the thing is,, it is colder than all get out there now, they are due for another major snow event.
I don't like cold.

These days they're issuing permits by email instead of fax but other than that my experience is the same as yours.

It doesn’t matter if they hand it to you in person, fax it, or email it. Those are just delivery methods of the final product. The application process however remains the same and is governed by Order 8130.2J.

If I went there I would not need a ferry permit. I'd just fix it.

And if it’s outside on the ramp, buried in snow and there’s no hangar available to do the annual or repair any defects discovered? Do you believe you can do an adequate job in those conditions?

What do you mean if?

You will spend to get it annulled anyway, might better to get it done all at once.
But the thing is,, it is colder than all get out there now, they are due for another major snow event.
I don't like cold.

I was being positive with "if", lol. I live about 7 or 8 hours from there and that storm is coming. Fortunately I'm in Scottsdale until Saturday, missing most of it, hoping spring starts soon.

Nope, don't need a ferry, there is a road to it.
I just saw that, you gotta blow google maps up pretty big to see it.. 180
weather is at or below freezing all next week.
So ya do a good preflight, be certain it is good to go, sign off the books, and go some where it is warm. :)

Back