A guess for installation?

DKirkpatrick

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DKirkpatrick
Hello. Could someone give me a good idea of cost to install. Trio autopilot in a Cessna 172 D. Gps is a Garmin 175. Airplane has a constant speed prop so a little heavier on the nose if that’s a factor.
Would appreciate some coaching on the hours.
Thanks

Hello. Could someone give me a good idea of cost to install. Trio autopilot in a Cessna 172 D. Gps is a Garmin 175. Airplane has a constant speed prop so a little heavier on the nose if that’s a factor.
Thanks
1699723383777.jpeg

Thanks
Just got a quote for a 182 two weeks ago. It is $11,006 including 45 hours for installation. I think they over estimate installation hours wanting to be conservative. It was about $1000 cheaper than the Trutrak and $9000 less than the 2 axis Garmin, but Garmin did also include a new G5.

Wow. I've installed a couple of them in experimentals. It's not that difficult. Tweaking the gain settings was a long process but I imagine acceptable settings are known for a 172. Don't suppose an install could be done under supervision?

Still big numbers… I think the key is to find a shop where they’ve installed a lot of these… trutrak or trio… as installation is more than half of the total job cost.

I was told 30 hours by a reliable mechanic just last week fwiw

Of course every plane is different ymmv etc

Back