A Flyin hamburger Joint needed your Help

If I fly this weekend, I will probably do something different than last weekend but hey, who knows maybe a repeat wouldn't be such a bad thing. You all should have not let a poor forecast sway you this past weekend. The weather didn't get bad until after lunch though I guess it depends on what time you wanted to eat, how far you were traveling and where from. The trip from and back to 14A wasn't bad.

100 degrees out this weekend and a lot of people bailing...............

Maybe in the future - this weekend I am finishing up my club checkout, weather permitting and the clouds don't rise. Per the FAA, I have accomplished enough training for a FR and could be PIC legal again, but the club requirements are a little higher.

Maybe in the future - this weekend I am finishing up my club checkout, weather permitting and the clouds don't rise. Per the FAA, I have accomplished enough training for a FR and could be PIC legal again, but the club requirements are a little higher.

cool, good luck!

with the heat and lack of attendance this weekend, although a couple of us may still go we'll still shoot for another weekend.

cool, good luck!

with the heat and lack of attendance this weekend, although a couple of us may still go we'll still shoot for another weekend.

I just saw this thread....any of you still planning to go this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in if anyone else is going. Temp doesn't bother me much; its only a 20 minute flight for me. Barring other weather issues of course....

"Noonish" was the word being thrown around. Whatchoo flying?

c8b7c9d18a3c659e9b1f96e4ee5083a8.jpg

This is me.

I called Ron and let him know we're a headcount of about 5 for noon tomorrow. I counted my fat babyhead as 2 though.

I called Ron and let him know we're a headcount of about 5 for noon tomorrow. I counted my fat babyhead as 2 though.

You might have called when I was there today. I told Ron to expect maybe 4 aircraft. He seemed very appreciative. Said business had dropped off dramatically just since last November.

Got the Chicken Burrito Verde. Good stuff. Remember, no credit cards, cash only.

You might have called when I was there today. I told Ron to expect maybe 4 aircraft. He seemed very appreciative. Said business had dropped off dramatically just since last November.

Got the Chicken Burrito Verde. Good stuff. Remember, no credit cards, cash only.

actually he mentioned u when I called.

IMG_2806.JPG IMG_2807.JPG C337 and P337 rotting on the ramp. Would love to own a P337...the maintenance, not so much.

SUCCESS!!!!! Great burger run to 57 Alpha Cafe at FQD. Fun to meet some nice PoA peeps. And Jerry. I'm not putting him in the 'nice peeps' category cause he didn't bring his dog. Ok that's not true, Jerry is nice.

I promised @SPAJC I wouldn't tell the story about he tried to taxi out of there with his front wheel chocked, so everyone please just ignore this last sentence. :)

EDIT: oh, and the pink velocity was parked there with cover on, I'm thinking it's based there.

SUCCESS!!!!! Great burger run to 57 Alpha Cafe at FQD. Fun to meet some nice PoA peeps. And Jerry. I'm not putting him in the 'nice peeps' category cause he didn't bring his dog. Ok that's not true, Jerry is nice.

I promised @SPAJC I wouldn't tell the story about he tried to taxi out of there with his front wheel chocked, so everyone please just ignore this last sentence. :)

EDIT: oh, and the pink velocity was parked there with cover on, I'm thinking it's based there.

Cool. How many showed?

Cool. How many showed?

172: Jerry (flysince9) and Cathy
140: Jeff (spajc) Michael and Brittany (non PoAers so we charged them a cover charge to get in)
pa32: eman or an exact replica of eman, possibly a cyborg eman sent back from the future
grumman: friend of spajc's who snuck in exactly when I was saying how ugly I think grummans are

And...we won't mention that Eman forgot how to start his engine...lol

Hot start issues? :D I actually took a few tries myself before leaving there. Had it started the first time but then didn't add enough throttle and it died. What ensued were 3 more attempts that flooded the engine. :(

Hot start issues? :D I actually took a few tries myself before leaving there. Had it started the first time but then didn't add enough throttle and it died. What ensued were 3 more attempts that flooded the engine. :(

yep. hot start in 100 degree temps with fuel injected engine. didn't flood it but it was finicky. took a good 4 or 5 times before it caught.

Well......my non-POA buddy, Mike.....chocks....Brittany.....chocks....whatever....just admit it you forgot the chocks....ok fine, I forgot the chocks. At least I didn't jump them. But i'm still blaming it on Mike, because I didn't chock them. He went back and chocked them after we sat down at the burger joint. But its my credit. But...my plane started right up...then started right up again after shutting it down to remove the chocks. Sooooo.....yeah.....Ha! Appreciate the tid-bit Jerry!

Good lunch run! Nice to meet you fellers!!! Hope to do another lunch run again soon!!!!

How was the food?

my burger was tasty. worth flying in for, although I personally think runway cafe at GMU has the slight edge.

Pics or it didn't happen! :rolleyes:

BQ1 is next on my list, sometime this fall when it's cooler.

pics, interesting, I didn't take any, not sure if anyone else did. but I BQ1 is always on the table and as it turns out, spajc has never been there so let's do it!

PS- I can't wait until the fall for some Pig.

Back