A Flyin hamburger Joint needed your Help

FlySince9

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jerry
Those of you in the Carolina/Piedmont area... I went for a lunch run to one of my favorite places today: 57A Cafe at Rutherford Co KFQD. The proprietor told me business had fallen off in Nov and hadn't recovered like normal in the summer months. He said if things don't improve he may be forced to shut down... Let's help him out... make your next afternoon hamburger run to KFQD... The food is good and it's dog friendly...

http://www.57alpha.com

I'll stop by next week if the weather is good.

well the two of you have a great idea for a fly-in!

Yeah, but would he have enough to make burgers for everyone?

if it looks like we're going to have any amount of people on sat I'll email him and let him know about how many are coming.

Might help to update the 6-year-stale website. Maybe a current menu, and remove reference to his serious airplane accident.

I'll stop by on maybe the 17th or 18th but I can't do Saturday.

he's closed on mondays, according to his 6 year old website.

Ok, Tuesaday it is. I work Saturday. Well, if we get enough people, I might take the day off.

If I was closer I'd be all about it, which we had more places like that up here

right now for Saturday 7/15 @noon (just throwing that time out there we can figure that out later) we got:

Highly likely:

@FlySince9 and his gay, three-legged blind dog
@eman1200 and none of his friends, since he doesn't have any
@frank.durham

Maybe:

@Dave Theisen

Should be there if they know what's good for them:

@Grum.Man
@Ronbonjovi

Makes the big bucks and will probably buy lunch for everyone:

@TRocket

Does this person truly fly an airplane?:

@N659HB

Others:

I wonder if @EppyGA would come up from the ATL

@trevor (friend of eman, not on PoA, might be taking his checkride the day before so this might be his first flight as bigboy pilot)
=============

right now that's a possibility of 10 planes alone, not including the full headcount (pax, ho's, wheel-well stow-a-ways etc...) which means we already have more than the tiny place can hold. we'll figure that out.

I'd like to try to get a moderately accurate headcount by thursday the latest so I can let the guy know.

keep me posted, y'all.

A little too far for me. Problem with airport restaurants is most need a way to bring in customers from the surrounding metropolitan area. I don't see how a burger joint does that with all the competition elsewhere. The first place to succeed as an airport restaurant in my adopted home drome has a huge local following, and I'm told that folks line up to eat there many weekends. A brunch place, but with quite a bit of flare.

The place on my former home drome does lots of catering. I suspect keeping an airport restaurant going is no easy thing.

Good luck getting together, looks like a fine airport.

Throw some reviews on Air-Nav & whatever other online sites allow.

right now for Saturday 7/15 @noon (just throwing that time out there we can figure that out later) we got:

Highly likely:

@FlySince9 and his gay, three-legged blind dog
@eman1200 and none of his friends, since he doesn't have any
@frank.durham

Maybe:

@Dave Theisen
Probably put me in the maybe list for now. The original plan for me and my pax to go to KMTV for lunch. Since we still live in a democracy; I put the vote out to my px and see what they want to do.

Frank "Raleigh" Durham :-D

Probably put me in the maybe list for now. The original plan for me and my pax to go to KMTV for lunch. Since we still live in a democracy; I put the vote out to my px and see what they want to do.

Frank "Raleigh" Durham :-D
KMTV... Been there a few times when I passed thru for PnP missions in VA... 57A Café still my favorite between the 2, though this is a democracy, you're PIC which kind of puts you at the head of a dictatorship...

Looks like the pax have spoken.. i wont make this round to 57A Cafe. Pax chose Simply Suzannes @ KMTV. I shall make the next one.

Frank
RDUPilot

Right now wx is looking questionable, keeping an eye on that and we may reschedule. Let's check again tomorrow.

If I left tomorrow morning, the J3 MIGHT make it there in time.
:)

well we'd def save u a burger, but honestly right now the wx looks like a deal breaker. I was gonna give it til tomorrow to make the final go/no-go.

well we'd def save u a burger, but honestly right now the wx looks like a deal breaker. I was gonna give it til tomorrow to make the final go/no-go.

The weather here is looking like a no go. Thunderstorms, starting Thursday morning before 7:00 AM. (local)
Unless I put on my genuine NOAA weather flight suit. Then I can legally fly the J3 in thunderstorms.
Right?

Man...all it does is rain lately... Notice... Great weather while you're sitting at your desk toiling away... Weekends....WASHOUT!

yeah, looking like potential t-storms. if I had to make a decision NOW I'd say let's shoot for another weekend. since frankie raleigh-D's pax hijacked him and only a few 'maybe' responses, we'll try it another time.

I'm out on another weekend. Weather looks fine to me. 50% chance of rain is pretty standard on a NC summer day.

I am IN. work is kicking my arse and what I need, besides something none of y'all can give me ;) ;), is a big fat greasy burger.
what about theses guys:

Well, since it is a Saturday (or Friday, or Sunday) and not between Thanksgiving and Valentines day...I'm out of town for work. Some Thursdays and rare Mondays (which they are closed on) are my only real options. Hope y'all have a good group this weekend and have a burger for me. I will try to get up there at some point one of these days though! Not all of us have big time cake jobs like @eman1200

Well, since it is a Saturday (or Friday, or Sunday) and not between Thanksgiving and Valentines day...I'm out of town for work. Some Thursdays and rare Mondays (which they are closed on) are my only real options. Hope y'all have a good group this weekend and have a burger for me. I will try to get up there at some point one of these days though! Not all of us have big time cake jobs like @eman1200

@TRocket 's just mad cause I work for a winning team.

OUCH.

Back