A Few Picutres of Flying this Weekend

Great pics and scenery! I lived in Alaska for 4 years up in North Pole and Eielson. I soooo wish I started flying there!

Leslie and I will be up there in two weeks. Hopefully we can get some similar pics.

Thanks for sharing.... a real treat for this flatlander.
I'm sort of a flatlander myself. Born western PA, lived in Detroit, Memphis and Chicago were I graduated H.S. Living in Juneau the past 25 years..:)

Leslie and I will be up there in two weeks. Hopefully we can get some similar pics.
Weather has been a challenge this year, still seeing 40F temps in the evening, 50's during the day. This weekend we hit 70F for the first time, lots of rain. 51* and rain now 5pm...:( Hope the weather turns in your favor for your trip..:)

Beautiful! I may have to go back on my word and take that helicopter flight when I’m there for the cruise next month! :)

Beautiful! I may have to go back on my word and take that helicopter flight when I’m there for the cruise next month! :)

Dave, you may think out talking to Ward Air or Alaska Sea Planes. They both do charter service and have everything from DHC-3 turbine Otters (I know for a fact the Otter will hold 12, and they will let you ride right seat), DHC-2 Beavers (6 or 7 passenger depending), C-206/207. Ward has a C-185 on amphibian floats. Heck you may even arrange for them to pick you up.

Don't know what the rates are, but cheaper than a helicopter, I'm sure...:)

edit: I hope you are blessed with good weather....:)

Dave, you may think out talking to Ward Air or Alaska Sea Planes. They both do charter service and have everything from DHC-3 turbine Otters (I know for a fact the Otter will hold 12, and they will let you ride right seat), DHC-2 Beavers (6 or 7 passenger depending), C-206/207. Ward has a C-185 on amphibian floats. Heck you may even arrange for them to pick you up.

Don't know what the rates are, but cheaper than a helicopter, I'm sure...:)

edit: I hope you are blessed with good weather....:)

Thanks. I’ll look into it.

Juneau....hmm...that is another bucket list item as I have yet to visit that State Capitol...44 down, 6 to go.

Back