A donut thread, uncut

It's a new program from the store. Designer donuts. The cafe lady that made them this morning was so proud I had to buy a box.

Have not been to Dunkin Donuts in years. Then again we don't have one in Juneau. Breeze Inn by the airport is a good substitute for DD

F09EC161-BE82-4B29-8668-205011EBE0F9.jpeg
They lost me at gender reveals. All I can think of is blue dust farts and it kills it for me.

Duck Donuts

left: glazed with coconut shavings
Middle: rocky road
Right: s’mores

xFQAbdT.jpg

Raw blueberries, blueberry pancakes, blueberry smoothies, all good. Blueberry doughnuts? Nah! Give me a good old glazed doughnut, or a cinnamon roll.

I'd post the link for blue dust farts and gender reveal, but it is NSFPOA. Google will work.

I'd post the link for blue dust farts and gender reveal, but it is NSFPOA. Google will work.

Oh, that's what that was all about. That video showed up on my feed and all a saw was a brief shot of some girl, naked from the waist down, then a bunch rather large ladies jumping around and screaming. I thought it was some kind of alternative lifestyle event, so I scrolled on without investigating further.

Tried out a new restaurant today. Chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, onion, with chorizo white gravy on glazed donuts

S7kNOhz.jpg

What a waste of two perfectly good donuts

I had to weigh in on the jack in the box thread, miss those greasy tacos, for some weird reason, and they don’t have them in Norway.
Now this. They try, in the last few years, with doughnuts. But honestly, they are light years away from ANYTHING resembling US, Dunkin or whatever the best donuts are now in the US.

I get lured in now and then, mostly 7/11 or gas stations, with “chocolate donuts” sold, but you buy one and they are nothing like the real, sweet, wonderful things you get in the US.

They also have no tradition of going out to a restaurant for breakfast, read the Sunday paper, etc. here.

That has been a big part of adjustments.

Designer donuts... it's a thing now. We had some on our universal trip. I have to admit, mine was pretty good. There's a shop in Champaign now that the girls are always begging to go to where they make them to order like a subway sandwich.

IMG_20200110_080428209.jpg IMG_20200110_081512482.jpg

A21533D4-089B-4A85-86E0-91FC4C56E60C.jpeg

Well lookie lookie, Valentine’s Day designer donuts

Back