767 catches Fire at Ft. Lauderdale

It's a -200 model. Shorter and different engines than the more common -300.

I'm surprised they deplaned on the port side with the fire burning right there. They managed to get some people burned.

I'm surprised they deplaned on the port side with the fire burning right there. They managed to get some people burned.

From what I read, this was a 'passenger directed evacuation' without much input from the crew.

From what I read, this was a 'passenger directed evacuation' without much input from the crew.

That is the best way to survive an airline crash or fire. Waiting for the crew to do something could very well cost you your life.

That is the best way to survive an airline crash or fire. Waiting for the crew to do something could very well cost you your life.

Not if you evacuate onto the side with the burning fuel lake or open a cabin door that is under water. In most accidents with a ground evacuation, the crew does a good job to coordinate the effort. In other cases like the Asiana crash, they dont.

Not if you evacuate onto the side with the burning fuel lake or open a cabin door that is under water. In most accidents with a ground evacuation, the crew does a good job to coordinate the effort. In other cases like the Asiana crash, they dont.

Wasn't there some case, albeit in another country, where they did not evacuate and everyone burned up? I seem to remember watching a training video about it years ago.

Back