737 Flight Bag Recommendations

Guppy_Driver

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Guppy_Driver
Hey all,

New 737 driver. Looking for some recommendations on the best flight bags that fit well in the spot beside the pilot.

Not surprisingly, it looks to be the perfect fit for the old school rectangular flight cases back when we had to carry Jepps (thank goodness for iPads...). However, I can't help but think there has to be better options out there. I have tried a few, and some were just not big enough (commuters unite!) or it held everything great but was too big. So, I'm looking for some suggestions that might help me find the happy middle ground. Basically, I'm looking for the biggest bag that will fit in the relatively narrow spot.

I would need to carry the following in the flight bag:
  • iPad
  • Bose A20 headset/case
  • Laptop (15.6")
  • Small seat cushion
  • License holder
  • Charger
  • Pens/miscellaneous small items
Ideally one with wheels for those day turns, and that would easily attach to a standard J-Hook for those multi-day pairings.

I'm leaning towards maybe one from Luggage Works or Travel Pro? So many options out there.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Travel pro not terribly durable, but fixable.

Anything Biggs and Reilly is highly recommended.

I just used back pack…

https://contrailbags.com/

I have the FL390. You customize the large inside pocket to fit what you have to store. They hold up extremely well.

I have been trying to buy a FL390 for a while, and the website keeps saying they are unavailable due to supply chain issues, and the company isn't responding to emails. Not a great sign....

I flew the 757/767. I got a backpack from Sporty’s. It worked great. I used my iPad and I never needed my laptop so I left it at home. It fits perfectly on top of a TravelPro roller board. The seat cushion is a must. Don’t forget snacks and a couple water bottles.

I didn’t have quite as much stuff as you but I used the eBags slim laptop bag and it fit easily outboard the FO seat on the floor.

Back