6Y9 2022 Fly in/Camp in

I got the oil changed on the bus yesterday as well as the fuel filter changed. I'll have to do some more packing and we'll be ready to go.

Are we the only ones bringing kids? Ours really enjoyed it last year and are all looking forward to coming back again.

I got the oil changed on the bus yesterday as well as the fuel filter changed. I'll have to do some more packing and we'll be ready to go.

Are we the only ones bringing kids? Ours really enjoyed it last year and are all looking forward to coming back again.

We will have a 14 year old with us.

I was about to say that I bet that kid that always came out and oogled over the airplanes will be there, but sheesh... He probably has kids of his own by now!

I was about to say that I bet that kid that always came out and oogled over the airplanes will be there, but sheesh... He probably has kids of his own by now!

Haha. "I've never ridden in a plane like this before!" He wasn't lying. He got a lot of 'first' rides. And yeah, that was 13-15 years ago. That's a long absence maybe you and @tonycondon should show up again.

We will have a 14 year old with us.

You may want to warn said 14 year old that there will likely be a lot of attention from my kids.

Oh, and warning for you, they all want airplane rides.

You may want to warn said 14 year old that there will likely be a lot of attention from my kids.

Oh, and warning for you, they all want airplane rides.

I'll be coming in light, so will probably have to take one or more of them to LNL for fuel.

I posted to the list that I’d arrive Friday. I’ve gotta work until 5 pm now, so I’m not gonna force the flight Friday night. I’ll be arriving Saturday morning sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunset is around 8:30 ET, and you're 205nm out. It could be cutting it close.

Sunset is around 8:30 ET, and you're 205nm out. It could be cutting it close.

That’s what I was seeing yesterday. No sense in rushing it, I’ll fly out Saturday morning instead.

So if you were making this flight and planned to stop mid way-ish for fuel and to stretch your legs...
Any recommended places to stop to see something and grab a bite?

Screenshot_4.jpg

CHT has $5.75 fuel with legs of 441 and 454

So if you were making this flight and planned to stop mid way-ish for fuel and to stretch your legs...

View attachment 110074
If I was flying that close to Pella, IA, I'd stop for lunch at "The Dutch Fix" and some Dutch letters at Jaarsma bakery. I'd also bring some to share ;)

View attachment 110074

interestingly enough, almost exactly half way for me:

upload_2022-8-30_11-30-4.png

is 0G6, in a town called Bryan. with a y. which is apparently objectionable:

upload_2022-8-30_11-30-42.png

Eric is pretty much flying over my house, I will not be there, but you are welcome to stop and cut the grass for me!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

soooo... you're coming?

about 800 other things have to fall in place before I can even consider going. the main one being finding an oil filter so I can change my dang oil. I think I found one and will find out tonight for sure, but at this point I wouldn't count on it but imma try.

You'll be right over my home drome. Let me know if you do and what time, maybe we fly formation up.

about 800 other things have to fall in place before I can even consider going. the main one being finding an oil filter so I can change my dang oil. I think I found one and will find out tonight for sure, but at this point I wouldn't count on it but imma try.
of course... it has to be ready for Gaston's. My mistake.

New question of the day. How does the Big Bear MOA play into operations into and out of 6Y9?

I just canceled my backup plane. So if the forecast is going to change, it'll change now. (i'm in a VFR only plane for this trip)

Safe travels all and have fun. I was trying to pull it together for a last minute trip, but it just didn’t work out. I have to make this next year!

Safe travels all and have fun. I was trying to pull it together for a last minute trip, but it just didn’t work out. I have to make this next year!
Waitaminute! I thought you were the excuse generator for Eman.

C’mon, this is a good one. I was on call for jury duty this week and didn’t get released until today. Just couldn’t come up with a plane on such short notice, unless, @eman1200 , you will let me borrow yours. :)

C’mon, this is a good one. I was on call for jury duty this week and didn’t get released until today. Just couldn’t come up with a plane on such short notice, unless, @eman1200 , you will let me borrow yours. :)

I’m sure I have a good excuse why that can’t happen.

We’re on our way north, heading to get Laurie in Minneapolis and then get the rest of the way. Should be there in time for walking to dinner this evening.

Eren and I plan to be wheels up at 7 AM tomorrow.
I show a tailwind the entire day today and a headwind the entire day tomorrow so no surprises there.
Monday it switches back to a headwind for our trip home.

I suspect we will be landing around 3 PM tomorrow

Back