6Y9 2022 Fly in/Camp in

:dunno: Plane is stuck. Last year plane was in avionics.
IIRC you've a got real nice tailwheel. Runways are optional, right?

Looks like a good turn out! Might need to sneak up there for a day trip, at least.

IIRC you've a got real nice tailwheel. Runways are optional, right?

Looks like a good turn out! Might need to sneak up there for a day trip, at least.

Has a bush plane, won't fly it like a bush plane. :D

Reactions: Ted
The wife (who just soloed on Monday!) and I are coming. We’re 6Y9 noobs who’ll be tent camping. What facilities are there for campers e.g., water?

Thanks Grant P for the link to this thread!
I paged Diz, she will be along soon to answer your questions, so happy you will be attending.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

One week from today....anybody else "in" that hasn't let one of us know, or hasn't signed the list?
Looks like it's shaping up for another great time!

One week from today....anybody else "in" that hasn't let one of us know, or hasn't signed the list?
Looks like it's shaping up for another great time!
What list? I’m in with the standard ‘weather’ and ‘rental plane broke’ clauses.

Nothing useful to add here other to say that this thread made me go back and look at pics from previous years when we were able to attend. I had forgotten about a lot of stuff! The 4-wheeler rides, me saving AZ on the edge of the cliff, the multiple 'back of the truck' rides, losing a wheel bearing on the hay rack on the backroad and swearing the bears were lurking in the shadows, and Hoppy's... well.... just... Hoppy's. Enough said., karaoke night at the other bar..

Fun times for sure! I'm jealous of the folks able to go now! Hopefully we can finagle things enough to get back up there again soon.

Last edited:
Nothing useful to add here other to say that this thread made me go back and look at pics from previous years when we were able to attend. I had forgotten about a lot of stuff! The 4-wheeler rides, me saving AZ on the edge of the cliff, the multiple 'back of the truck' rides, losing a wheel bearing on the hay rack on the backroad and swearing the bears were lurking in the shadows, and Hoppy's... well.... just... Hoppy's. Enough said., karaoke night at the other bar..

Fun times for sure! I'm jealous of the folks able to go now! Hopefully we can finagle things enough to get back up there again soon.

You forgot about taking the back way to the airport from Hoppy's.

Many have asked so :

Friday night-walk to the Station for dinner

Sat breakfast- on your own but I provide coffee and sweets to hold you over until

11:30-ish - hamburger/hot dog lunch on the field

Saturday evening- Hoppys in Kenton. Don't worry...we'll get you there. Don't ask how...but we will:D Also-they do not take credit cards. Bring CASH, or use the ATM...if it's working.

Sunday morn- a MARVELOUS breakfast put on by Grant and Leslie!!!!!! Did I say...marvelous???

Sunday afternoon is based on who is staying over, and plans will be made accordingly.

Reactions: Ted

Sorry that y'all won't be able to make it up, especially since we're bringing our kids who would enjoy some other kids to play with!

We're really looking forward to making it up again!

Going to have a great group this year, looking forward to seeing some old friends again and making some new ones. And Diz mentioned the breakfast Grant and Leslie put on, well don't sleep in and miss it, you are in for a treat.

This summer has been a doozy. The beer fridge is empty … of homebrew:confused: two fermenters wInding down, so hopefully I can get ‘em to clear and carb in time. If not, I will bring some Chicago famous beer like Old Style or Schlitz. :)

Got the PM. Thank you!
perhaps bring some
upload_2022-8-27_11-6-35.png
or

upload_2022-8-27_11-8-37.png

Still my favorite just plane silly video:
"It's held together by sexual tension and loneliness"
Well fun for you, a law suit for me and my buddy Grant, just sayin!

PLEASE NOTE: There have been 2 groups (of 3-4) pesky sandhill cranes hanging around.
Be very watchful when arriving.

Back