6Y9 2009 Flying season

Hmm Tony, can you get some strain gauges from work? I think we need to build a micro loadcell to generate thrust curves for the bottle rocket motors we plan on using.

i'll have to check around. bet I can come up with something though

If you put the bottle rocket on top of the fuselage, I wouldn't be surprised to see the tail catch on fire.

If you put the bottle rocket on top of the fuselage, I wouldn't be surprised to see the tail catch on fire.

even better. or perhaps we'll have to come up with a V tail mod a la Cirrus Jet

Holy crap guys. I was just gonna take some duck tape and a handful of bottle rockets and strap them onto a balsa glider and say "Hey ya'll, watch this!"

Ya'll are making this sound a whole lot like school!

Holy crap guys. I was just gonna take some duck tape and a handful of bottle rockets and strap them onto a balsa glider and say "Hey ya'll, watch this!"

Anyone know what the drag coefficient of duct tape is?

Hmmm how about taking one of those rubber band guillows deals, and adding rocket launchers to it?

i dont think that would be much different pete. the prop would just be a drag with a rocket launch.

and the Cd of Duct Tape is higher than the Cd of Scotch Tape.

That is for an unladened swallow. The question was for a fully ladened one. I think it is perhaps a thrust issue with the fully laden swallow and that a JATO pack properly placed could boost the thrust to weight ration high enough to give the swallow additional lift.

shhhh... you're amongst aviation geeks... shhhh...:wonderwoman:

Back