drmax

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
drmax
Any of you flying around with a garmin 650 if so I'd like to chat with you. I have an experimental and was thinking of adding that model

I have a 650 but I'm not flying yet so I can only speak to the installation and what it does on the ground with my EFIS (G3X).

How much more is a 750 vs a 650? I think the 750 paired with a G-3x operating as PFD-MFD-radio-transponder stack would be a heck of a set up.

How much more is a 750 vs a 650? I think the 750 paired with a G-3x operating as PFD-MFD-radio-transponder stack would be a heck of a set up.
Where did you're quote come from? Not sure who you were asking the question to, as I didn't see that quote in here.
As for me, I would only be getting the 650unit to drive a CDI. Later on get the remote xponder, as will be required a change for all in 6 yrs anyway.
Hopefully the screen size in 650 will be sufficient...as that's the only room I have in my flying rv9a

I have been flying with a 650 for a year. What would you like to know?

Do u use it stand-alone. If so is the screen handy enough to use that way? I read many using with efis. That wouldn't be me

Do u use it stand-alone. If so is the screen handy enough to use that way? I read many using with efis. That wouldn't be me

I have a dual Aspen to use it with. If I were going without the Aspens, I would be looking at the 750.

I have a dual Aspen to use it with. If I were going without the Aspens, I would be looking at the 750.
Thx for your advice. For me I'd have to redo too much to add a screen
And won't go the additional 4k for 750. I'll get some more input from the poor who are only running the 650. Maybe there is noone.

650 without efis

Hello and bumping this older thread back up. Anyone using the 650 stand alone? I really can't afford an efis set up and redoing my entire steam gage panel. Fixing to start my ifr training as my written is out of the way. My kln89b is going out and need to upgrade. Just need to install a 650 with a 106 cdi and move on. Just wanted to speak with someone with a similar setup. Thx, DM

Will the garmin 750 display on it's screen, a CDI? If it does, then I've probably solved one of my issues regarding pnl space and keeping my older steam gauges. thx, dm

Re: 650 without efis

Hello and bumping this older thread back up. Anyone using the 650 stand alone? I really can't afford an efis set up and redoing my entire steam gage panel. Fixing to start my ifr training as my written is out of the way. My kln89b is going out and need to upgrade. Just need to install a 650 with a 106 cdi and move on. Just wanted to speak with someone with a similar setup. Thx, DM
DM

I just installed a 650 in my 9A yesterday. I used a MD200-306 instead of a 106 cdi but have a 106 in my lancair and it would be fine also. I put in an Aera 560 and gdl 39 also for ads-b.
For IFR a standard six pack, 650, autopilot, ads-b or XM WX on display of your choice, heated pitot, clock, and chart display of your choice (I use Anywhere Map) if all you should want for short of flying into ice or going high altitude.

Re: 750

Will the garmin 750 display on it's screen, a CDI? If it does, then I've probably solved one of my issues regarding pnl space and keeping my older steam gauges. thx, dm

I believe it has an HSI and CDI display mode in a few options.

Re: 650 without efis

DM

I just installed a 650 in my 9A yesterday. I used a MD200-306 instead of a 106 cdi but have a 106 in my lancair and it would be fine also. I put in an Aera 560 and gdl 39 also for ads-b.
For IFR a standard six pack, 650, autopilot, ads-b or XM WX on display of your choice, heated pitot, clock, and chart display of your choice (I use Anywhere Map) if all you should want for short of flying into ice or going high altitude.
pm sent

Back