60 years ago today

Military C135 A , B model had fan jets.

Military C135 A , B model had fan jets.
135 fuselage is narrower than a 707. When Douglas came out with the 8 it was six across, Boeing wanted same, 135 fuselage would have been 5.
707, 727 and 737 had same fuselage basically. Not counting anything past 737-200.

And the 707 is still flying.

The -200 series serves as basic airframe for the E-3. Most are TF33 powered, but there are some export variants that have the CFM56 motors.

Also, the E-8 basic airframe.

There is some parts interchangeability with the -135 fleet, such as cockpit windows even though the fuselages aren’t the same.

Personally I think that the 707 is the most beautiful airliner ever built.

My favorite airliner. I wish I had the chance to fly in it!

British_Airways_Concorde_G-BOAC_03.jpg

No worries brother, its the internet. If something CAN be taken the wrong way, it WILL be taken the wrong way.

I didn't take it the wrong way, just wanted to clarify that I'm not an idiot.

Yeah, I know...I did.
Seems like I have some kind of "I'm typing normal but its coming out smart aleck" filter turned on or something lately.
It’s because you’re a cop ...

Lol just messing with you. I have that internet filter too. It’s not intentional but I’ve given up trying to convince people otherwise.

My favorite airliner. I wish I had the chance to fly in it!

View attachment 66316

A friend rode that once. His employer at the time needed him in Europe NOW. Bought him a ticket on the Concorde. He had his ATP and this was long before 9/11. Flashed his certificate as he boarded and flew across the Atlantic in the cockpit. Are you really jealous now? :D

A friend rode that once. His employer at the time needed him in Europe NOW. Bought him a ticket on the Concorde. He had his ATP and this was long before 9/11. Flashed his certificate as he boarded and flew across the Atlantic in the cockpit. Are you really jealous now? :D

If you intended to make me jealous.....you have succeeded and that's NOT easy to do.....:(:(:(:(:(

The question does come to mind....can he log it? :):):):):)

Nah, Connie! Pilots couldn't be over 30 to fly them. Why? Well anyone over 30 can't handle three pieces of tail!

View attachment 66405

And the C-121 Air Force version. Navy flew them too.

View attachment 66406

Connies are beautiful. For some reason I love the way the engine nacelles look next to the fuselage.

They have one of the Navy ones at the old Chanute AFB. It's on my list of places to fly to as it's a little over an hour from me. It's a GA airport now.

Nah, Connie! Pilots couldn't be over 30 to fly them. Why? Well anyone over 30 can't handle three pieces of tail!

View attachment 66405

And the C-121 Air Force version. Navy flew them too.

View attachment 66406

There was an abandoned Connie at the airport where I learned to fly. One time I asked the airport manager if I could take a look inside. He said absolutely no way. A week later there was a ladder going to a hatch on the bottom.

It was a sleeper Connie. Thinking back it had 10 sleeper berths, more first class seats than coach and had the navigators compartment complete with the sky dome to take celestial readings.

But..... sitting in the left seat with a fist full of throttles was awesome..!!!

757 also had a skid, it was a inspection item. In case of over rotation which was common when 757 first entered service.

The 757-300 has a skid, I believe, but the -200 does not. You don’t see many -300s around. I believe Continental was the only US carrier to buy them.

All 767s have tail skids.

The 757-300 has a skid, I believe, but the -200 does not. You don’t see many -300s around. I believe Continental was the only US carrier to buy them.

That was the problem, we had a few tail strikes at AA. Became a inspection item on dailies (PS) to inspect for tail strike.

I was mistaken, 757 needed a tail skid. 727 had them. Checking cartridge was inspection item too.

That was the problem, we had a few tail strikes at AA. Became a inspection item on dailies (PS) to inspect for tail strike.

Landing gear geometry on the 767 made the tail skid a necessity. Don’t know of any 757s at our company that have drug the tail but it’s possible. The fuselage stretch on the 757-300 made it necessary on that airplane.

Ok, 707 trivia... Why was the original 707 a lousy IMC airplane, and what was done to correct it in later versions?

ATA had 757-300s.

108489.jpg

Back