6/7 KGRD fly-in to celebrate the cure for covid! SOUTHEAST peeps unite!

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
ok fine, there's no cure, details shmetails. so let's EAT!

as of now, the SCBC is ON at KGRD. that's the south carolina breakfast club, where u fly-in for breakfast. according to their website, this date is going to happen, so imma plan on going.

the other thing is there's a golf course about 6.5 miles from the airport. I just emailed them to see if they have openings for that weekend, but I'd like to fly in, stuff my face for breakfast, play a round of golf, then fly home. not too shabby!

so, who's interested, who's in, and how soon is this fly-in not going to happen, in classic PoA style? also, don't blame me when the forum software doesn't notify you that I tagged you.

@TRocket
@RDUPilot
@Ryanb
@Dave Theisen
@Grum.Man
@Ronbonjovi
@N659HB
@EppyGA
@SkyDog58
@FlySince9
@SPAJC
@bstickleycos
@flyingron
@Velocity173
@bflynn
@falconkidding
@Bill Watson
@dell30rb
@Kelvin
@midlifeflyer
@bluerooster
@Radar Contact
@Lance F
@FORANE
@Bill Jennings
@RyanLikesFlying
@Morgan3820
@Tflhndn
@Concorde
@TylerSC
@Fearless Tower
@wayne
@mulligan
@Flocker
@FastEddieB
@kyleb
@Matthew K
@Lee Carwell
@Brian A Johns
@2Airtime2
@groovyone789
@nosehair
@Ben Diss
@Cluemeister
@write-stuff
@Hank S
@MarcoDA40
@BrianNC
@tree96
@Jack C-137
@Hang 4
@TheFB
@av8npa
@Tarheelpilot
@AJN
@Carolinaflyer
@kc4wsd
@RonS
@Charles Nettleman III
@Doug Reid
@Possum
@Greenhead
@mcmanigle
@CJones
@MtPJimB
@Tdaf22
@Tony Long
@CltFlyBoy
@SCFlyboy

Bearing the Archer isn’t in annual, I’m in... otherwise maybe I can hitch a ride with @Bill Jennings. Sounds fun!

I won’t blame you but I got nothing as far as a notification... I’m in provided the weather gods smile.

Dang, the plane is booked already for that weekend. :(

Wayne

I'm out that weekend :(

I'll be on a four day motorcycle ride in the mountains with a leading team of motorcycle bound covid researchers. Yea, that's it, researchers, and we'll be searching for the cure to the virus. Or a good bottle of brown liquor, whichever comes first...

Interested and following. Never attended one before but the plane needs to fly! A round of gold wouldn’t hurt either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Plane Booked.. check
Golf Clubs... check

weather.... meh, hope its nice

Last edited:
Penciled in. Hope to have the -7A back in the air by then.

OK I booked 2 tee times, 11:28 and 11:36 at a place called Stoney Point Golf Club, 709 Swing About, Greenwood, SC 29649. price is $53/playa. we can adjust as we get closer, but it'll be more and more difficult to ADD peeps than to remove. if u can let me know asap if ur in just for breakfast or also a definite for golf that would be great. also, the dude had no idea if they had uber or not so we'll work on getting there, I'm pretty good at hot wiring cars if we need to.

@TRocket
@RDUPilot
@Ryanb
@Dave Theisen
@Grum.Man
@Ronbonjovi
@N659HB
@EppyGA
@SkyDog58
@FlySince9
@SPAJC
@bstickleycos
@flyingron
@Velocity173
@bflynn
@falconkidding
@Bill Watson
@dell30rb
@Kelvin
@midlifeflyer
@bluerooster
@Radar Contact
@Lance F
@FORANE
@Bill Jennings
@RyanLikesFlying
@Morgan3820
@Tflhndn
@Concorde
@TylerSC
@Fearless Tower
@wayne
@mulligan
@Flocker
@FastEddieB
@kyleb
@Matthew K
@Lee Carwell
@Brian A Johns
@2Airtime2
@groovyone789
@nosehair
@Ben Diss
@Cluemeister
@write-stuff
@Hank S
@MarcoDA40
@BrianNC
@tree96
@Jack C-137
@Hang 4
@TheFB
@av8npa
@Tarheelpilot
@Carolinaflyer
@kc4wsd
@RonS
@Charles Nettleman III
@Doug Reid
@Possum
@Greenhead
@mcmanigle
@CJones
@MtPJimB
@Tdaf22
@Tony Long
@CltFlyBoy
@SCFlyboy

I’m in if we are out of the avionics shop.

Is there room for one more bogie golfer?

I dunno, 1st post and all...…...besides, if ur gonna hang with the big boys, we're gonna need at least a score of 100, 110 out of u. who are u and where u based/what do u fly? have u been to a SCBC before?

Wow sounds tough with you guys! I can play to a 18 on a bad day, 12 after I warm up. It’s been a long winter and with this covid it put a big lid on my golfing. I fly a commander 114, based at kmwa, southern Illinois. However I’ve done all my flight training in Sc. Charleston mostly. My daughter also lives in Savannah so that’s always good for some good meals. Anyway let me know, steve

Also never been to the breakfast before always meant to but was always training. I got my ifr rating last October at Charleston ifr6 school

I think you’re sandbagging me, but it’s ok, I need the comraderey. So the breakfast is Sunday the 7th. I guess I’ll just show up and we’ll go from there. I ain’t wearing a face mask!

I think you’re sandbagging me, but it’s ok, I need the comraderey. So the breakfast is Sunday the 7th. I guess I’ll just show up and we’ll go from there. I ain’t wearing a face mask!

well I'd like to at least attempt to keep a good headcount as far as golf goes. breakfast doesn't matter, they don't hold spots for people like courses do. so if you say you're in, you're in! we'll see how the next week goes but I'll probably give them a revised, updated head count by next Thursday or so. I'll figure out the exact day, I want to give them notice if we're cancelling by a bunch, and if we're going to add we'll want to do that asap as well.

I’m in for breakfast, no golf for me.

Just an FYI, the multiple tagging doesn't seem to be working. I didn't get a notice I was tagged. Maybe there's a critical mass issue?

Sorry, I'm still not ready for a group thing until I see what happens with the numbers in the next few weeks.

Interested and following. Never attended one before but the plane needs to fly! A round of gold wouldn’t hurt either.

Just can’t muster the celebration quite yet. Thanks for the invite.

I just shot my first sub 110, 50 on the front.

Enjoy!

I'm gonna call up the course and adjust our tee times on Wednesday. so if you're in after that, feel free to call the course to book your own time.

tenor.gif

I'm out. We're having a test run for on-site service at church on Sunday with a small group of folks and all the social distancing protocols in place. Wife is singing and I've been included in the test crowd.

Too far unless someone from Raleigh is going in a plane faster than a Cherokee 180 and would like a passenger to split gas.

Yup I’m out as well. In the avionics shop.

I’m out. Went to Florida for the weekend.

Looks like y'all had a good time! Sorry I missed it, but had a fab weekend of mountain roads riding.

Back