$5 aircraft registration unpaid by billionaire

"$5 aircraft registration unpaid by billionaire"

How do you unpay a registration? I think it means that they paid it and then took it back?

Apparently the wait to get the renewal was going to take too long, so he sold it from one of his companies to another of his companies, which apparently means something in the registration world at the FAA.. Because he's flying again

Interesting workaround. While everyone else waits in line for registration filed since early March, someone uses a sham transaction to jump the whole line and fly right away.

Interesting workaround. While everyone else waits in line for registration filed since early March, someone uses a sham transaction to jump the whole line and fly right away.

Whatever. If they want to pay the sales tax on this transaction, so what?

Apparently the wait to get the renewal was going to take too long, so he sold it from one of his companies to another of his companies, which apparently means something in the registration world at the FAA.. Because he's flying again

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...et-flying-again-by-selling-it-to-himself.html

That bill of sale makes the plane airworthy again. :rolleyes::D

I suspect that knowing how to do stuff like that is part of how one gets to be a billionaire.
I'm no billionaire. I did the same damn thing awhile back with my Flybaby. It took me about two hours to form a LLC, prepare the paperwork for the FAA, and mail it all in. The hardest part was choosing the LLC name, which a PoA member assisted me with.

Forming a LLC in the State of Nebraska is a one page form you upload online and pay something like $110. As soon as you upload it, it's legally recognized by the State of Nebraska.

This sure beat the only other alternative the FAA would give me - which included required my N number (major PITA on a fabric airplane). This meant no N-number change and instantly legal.

Call me guilty. I don't see the problem. If a fool like me can figure out the whole process and file it all correctly something tells me this wasn't Donald having to pull strings. At the end of the day, the FAA has made this a hell of a lot more difficult then it should be - primarily just so that they can keep their jobs and hire more staff, best I can figure.
Whatever. If they want to pay the sales tax on this transaction, so what?
My thoughts exactly.

Cop in traffic court? You think cops have to show up for traffic court or the ticket gets thrown out? You believe that if your college roommate commits suicide you get a 4.0? The Easter Bunny is real, too, right?

I just saw that happen twice yesterday. Of about 10 traffic cases 2 Officers were no shows for whatever reason. If the defendant is present the case gets dismissed. I also saw the opposite. One defendant didn't show and Officer was there. Warrant for the defendant.

Yeah,
I just saw that happen twice yesterday. Of about 10 traffic cases 2 Officers were no shows for whatever reason. If the defendant is present the case gets dismissed. I also saw the opposite. One defendant didn't show and Officer was there. Warrant for the defendant.

Yeah, I looked into it a little bit and I was WRONG. Some jurisdictions have such rules regarding the presence of the citing officer. Some states still consider interstate travel with vegetables a crime, too, even though a lot of cars crop produce us grown outside of the CONUS.

I'm no billionaire. I did the same damn thing awhile back with my Flybaby. It took me about two hours to form a LLC, prepare the paperwork for the FAA, and mail it all in. The hardest part was choosing the LLC name, which a PoA member assisted me with.

Forming a LLC in the State of Nebraska is a one page form you upload online and pay something like $110. As soon as you upload it, it's legally recognized by the State of Nebraska.

This sure beat the only other alternative the FAA would give me - which included required my N number (major PITA on a fabric airplane). This meant no N-number change and instantly legal.

Call me guilty. I don't see the problem. If a fool like me can figure out the whole process and file it all correctly something tells me this wasn't Donald having to pull strings. At the end of the day, the FAA has made this a hell of a lot more difficult then it should be - primarily just so that they can keep their jobs and hire more staff, best I can figure.

My thoughts exactly.
Typical of a government agency. More worried about maintaining a need for their existence than they are about efficiency.

Typical of a government agency. More worried about maintaining a need for their existence than they are about efficiency.
Thanks for resurrecting this thread from six months ago... not so much.

Yeah, but all the person in question would have to do is pop some tic-tacs, give the FAA inspector a big kiss then grab him/her by the p****.

And all is well!

:)

He/she's a newbie...cut him/her some slack! :)
The question is, why did someone who joined yesterday pick this thread to comment on, LOL? It would require a search and it would have been much easier to find five recent threads to comment on so that she could post her link.

The answer is...I'm not a newbie so don't cut me any slack! ;)

The question is, why did someone who joined yesterday pick this thread to comment on, LOL? It would require a search and it would have been much easier to find five recent threads to comment on so that she could post her link.
The thing is, Mari, that when you are a newbie all the threads are new. So you would have a tendency to look through a lot of threads you might have an interest in. Not saying there is not an ulterior motive but you have to start somewhere.

Besides, I have inadvertanty responded to old threads myself.

The thing is, Mari, that when you are a newbie all the threads are new. So you would have a tendency to look through a lot of threads you might have an interest in. Not saying there is not an ulterior motive but you have to start somewhere.

Besides, I have inadvertanty responded to old threads myself.
True, I have also responded to old threads, but only after someone else has resurrected them. I don't go looking for months old threads unless I decide to search for a particular subject I remember being discussed. Imagine how deep a six month old thread is buried here.

Back