SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it appears that ****** is now a censored word.

If this is so, thank you, moderators. The use of that name in the context it has been used has been an embarrassment to the board, IMHO.

edit: Not to mention, trite and WAAAAY overused.

If I'm imagining it, ok then...perhaps we should consider it. :D

There, I said it.

You're welcome.

I'm surprised that it was considered necessary to filter it. I thought the spate of recent references was just some good-natured joking around. If the joke was considered to be wearing thin, you could have just said so!

I'm surprised that it was considered necessary to filter it. I thought the spate of recent references was just some good-natured joking around. If the joke was considered to be wearing thin, you could have just said so!

It was.

You know, Chairman Mao was into censorship.

Can someone give me a hint on what the secret word is that has been censored? And shouldn't a toy duck show up instead of asterisks?

You didn't see all the ****** references popping up in odd places?

Hint: 1933

You didn't see all the ****** references popping up in odd places?

Hint: 1933

Some new particularly egregious swear word was invented in 1933? (According to Wikipedia it was one busy year - nothing stands out as generating ANYTHING worthy of censoring.)
:dunno:

Lone Ranger: "Looks like we're surrounded!"
Tonto: "Who's 'we,' Kemosabe?"

SIGH!

attachment.php

Attachments

• doublefacepalm.jpg
    doublefacepalm.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 415
The Lone Ranger was my father's favorite childhood show.

Sea Hunt was my favorite childhood show.

Surprisingly, I've never learned to dive.

Johnny Quest was my favorite TV show. And what do you know, I became a scientist!

Johnny Quest was my favorite TV show. And what do you know, I became a scientist!

I LOVED Johnny Quest when I was a kid. Great theme song. I also liked Sea Hunt and eventually became a diver.

Guess we need to work on putting a changing room in place so diapers can be changed as well. :rolleyes2:

I made the change as a joke - no reason to get all upset. No big management council censorship conspiracy....Truth be told constant refereces to ****** were pretty damn annoying.

I made the change as a joke - no reason to get all upset. No big management council censorship conspiracy....Truth be told constant refereces to ****** were pretty damn annoying.

If it was getting on your nerves, I can understand that.

Anybody remember the Hill Street Blues TV series? They did schtick for a couple of shows with a character "Nick ******, the narcoleptic comic".
That was some funny ****.

****** got annoyed.

Last edited:

Don't worry 'bout it...I'm sure we can move on to Mr. Hilter.

Lets hear it for friends in powerful places. If the forum inmates are allowed to mention ****** ad nauseum, the forum gods can turn his name into a four-letter-word. All's fair in love and internet forums. Seriously, and with no rancor or humor implied, good for you.

The constant references were meant to be a joke.

**** ****** :wink2:

Last edited:
The constant references were meant to be a joke.
It's not a joke to a lot of people out there. Plus any joke gets old. Now it can be ever funnier since it's censored, enjoy.

Back