SIGH!

attachment.php

I prefer the Tommy Lee Jones "implied facepalm"

I made the change as a joke - no reason to get all upset. No big management council censorship conspiracy....Truth be told constant refereces to ****** were pretty damn annoying.

Well that's a relief. It's good to know you have a sense of humor. Well played.:thumbsup:

******, as you probably know, did not have a sense of humor.

One of my Top Ten Monty Python skits. Absolute Classic. Graham Chapman, resting on a car, in uniform, pipe in his mouth, cranking up the music on a Victrola (I think it was). Cleese raving and pumping his arms to the bumpkins below. Bumps his head as he exits the balcony. haha

Of course - for those of us that use real operating systems, its pretty clear that's an I and not an l. Of course, not everyone uses a real OS....

:)

Of course - for those of us that use real operating systems, its pretty clear that's an I and not an l. Of course, not everyone uses a real OS....

:)

You on a terminal using lynx, or are you just hooking up to port 80 and issuing your own HTTP GET/POST commands, like real men do.

Rules of Conduct:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_faq_rules_of_conduct

Some sections worth considering....
The success of our forums depends upon the quality posts of our participants. To ensure our success we are posting these guidelines so that all participants of the forums understand what is considered unacceptable behavior in the forums, which can result in a temporary suspension or a permanent ban.
Deliberately circumventing the censor filter is prohibited.
Pilots of America shall have the right to immediately terminate any Participant's use of the Pilots of America site if Pilots of America determines in its sole discretion that Participant has violated the Rules of Conduct set forth herein or otherwise breached this agreement, or has engaged in conduct which Pilots of America determines in its sole discretion to be unacceptable.

It was filtered because people were getting a little ridiculous making comments about ****** in every single thread and it really has no place in our community and believe it or not is still offensive to many.

Sigh, I moved over here hoping to escape the censorship bull.

Forever a vagabond

Rules of Conduct:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_faq_rules_of_conduct

Some sections worth considering....

It was filtered because people were getting a little ridiculous making comments about ****** in every single thread and it really has no place in our community and believe it or not is still offensive to many.

Sorry, I didn't realize you folks were serious about it. I thought it was added to the filter as a joke.

The best way to remove a boogeyman's power over us is through ridicule, which is what was going on when management pressed the panic button.

It's probably also worth noting that most of the abuse of the word was in SZ, if I recall correctly from the (dumb) couple of months or however long I had that turned on...

So folks who are smart enough/not brave enough/have better things to do, than wander in there, probably didn't see much of it. :)

It really had gotten out of hand. I can see why the leadership took it seriously enough to censor it.

It gets kinda deep and thick in SZ, which is just fine... if you have the time for it.

In post 27 of this thread you said its overuse by some posters was annoying, so it was censored as a joke.

Now you are saying the last name of one of the most infamous men of the twentieth century was censored because it is offensive to many. And you are implicitly threatening to bump people who you lead on to believe that this was not a seriously executed censorship.

A little consistency might be in order.

Also, "offensive to many" is not a valid rationale to censor something. But suppose it were - could you prove it using a poll of users? Did you run such a poll? What percentage of people do you think would vote "Yes" to the question "Do you find the name ****** offensive enough that it should be censored?"

I made the change as a joke - no reason to get all upset. No big management council censorship conspiracy....Truth be told constant refereces to ****** were pretty damn annoying.

So which is it?

So which is it?
Hell if I know. My memory lasts 12 seconds.

Turns out it was effective at stopping all the stupid ****** comments in every thread therefore I declare it a success and see no reason to remove it or abuse it. If you don't like that answer - well I don't know what to tell you - I don't have the time to memorize the history behind every change we've ever made.

In post 27 of this thread you said its overuse by some posters was annoying, so it was censored as a joke.

Now you are saying the last name of one of the most infamous men of the twentieth century was censored because it is offensive to many. And you are implicitly threatening to bump people who you lead on to believe that this was not a seriously executed censorship.

A little consistency might be in order.

Also, "offensive to many" is not a valid rationale to censor something. But suppose it were - could you prove it using a poll of users? Did you run such a poll? What percentage of people do you think would vote "Yes" to the question "Do you find the name ****** offensive enough that it should be censored?"
See my above post. It effectively stopped the annoying ****** crap all over our community - therefore I don't care why I turned it on nor do I even remember. All I know is that it was a change that did the job and I see no reason to sit here and try to bypass it.

More sadly then my inconsistent memory is the fact that a bunch of grown pilots weren't mature enough to withhold from spraying the world ****** in every thread. It gets old.

Hell if I know. My memory lasts 12 seconds.

Turns out it was effective at stopping all the stupid ****** comments in every thread therefore I declare it a success and see no reason to remove it or abuse it. If you don't like that answer - well I don't know what to tell you - I don't have the time to memorize the history behind every change we've ever made.

I missed the time difference between the two posts. The first was in February, and the second in December.

I thought the whole thread was new.

All of that said - it's now no longer censored - please try and excerise some maturity and not spray hitler jokes in every thread. He's not worth our bytes - and it gets very old fast.

Thank you, I thought I was going to have to resume my search for a forum not populated by prepubescent girls

Back