337 Question

Doug Reid

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Doug Reid
If you install a new piece of equipment like a new Concorde RG-35AXC battery and remove an old G-35 Gill battery, the weight change is 5 lbs, plus there is an STC included with the Concorde. So..in preparing a 337, I noticed the Concorde Owners manual does not specifically address continued airworthiness, but does include installation, inspection and servicing instructions. If I reference the Concorde Owners manual will that be sufficient ?

If the STC itself doesn't include an ICA or a document containing it, like installation instructions with the last page being titled ICA, then I wouldn't list it.

Component maintenance manuals are everywhere and not all spelled out on 337s.

IMHO in order to change the inspection requirements of small personal piston airplanes, the STC needs an ICA that is listed on the STC master document list, and that ICA would have to contain some sort of FAA approved airworthiness limitations, not just some general junk.

Last edited:
If you install a new piece of equipment like a new Concorde RG-35AXC battery and remove an old G-35 Gill battery, the weight change is 5 lbs, plus there is an STC included with the Concorde. So..in preparing a 337, I noticed the Concorde Owners manual does not specifically address continued airworthiness, but does include installation, inspection and servicing instructions. If I reference the Concorde Owners manual will that be sufficient ?
Concorde has an ICA listed at their website. I usually just add standard verbiage if there is no specific ICA that.... manufacture's manuals are to be followed for continued airworthiness.

Back