$300 multi-purpose airport tug

bnt83

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
The ramp here is level compared to most and this is a small airplane so I have no idea if it could move a Bo, 210, 6 or similar heavy single.

Pretty Cool Hu? I need to come up with a hitch yet. Im just hooking the handle around the steering shaft to pull and just pushing on it with the steering shaft to push...

According to the commercials on TV, the gov't might be able to pay for your 'tug' "at little or no cost to you!".

Does it come with snow tires or chains? How about mini plow? The possibilities are endless.

Last edited:
Its actually a Lawn tractor off Craig's list with a somewhat misleading discription.

Cheers

I thought those things cost a lot more than $300 bucks ? Is that a used price ?

Picked put used with all the accessories. Batteries are 3 years old.

It does move a Cessna 205 OK but it really needs a proper hitch and a good towbar for it.

Probably pulled/pushed the 177 around 80 times with it now.

The ramp here is level compared to most and this is a small airplane so I have no idea if it could move a Bo, 210, 6 or similar heavy single.

Hmmmmm, going to have to try my Robomower. Probably would need a little weight added.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 9
I made a tug by mounting some brackets on the front of a snow thrower. Cost about $30. The snow thrower would cost about $600, but I already had it. My standard towbar handle nestles in the brackets.

I saw these at the Summit event recently. Nice design.

I wonder if there would be a market for a some DYI kit plans for something like this....?

I saw one broken and looked for a way to repair and improve the design. They look a lot better than they are built. Granted this was for an FBO that used them on large corporate jets like G-Vs, but by the rating, it should have been able to handle it.

According to the commercials on TV, the gov't might be able to pay for your 'tug' "at little or no cost to you!".

I believe "The Scooter Store" got shut down by the feds for some serious improprieties with our tax money. :D

Back