27 year old captain at major airline?

I should have prefaced my original post with this.

JUST TO BE CLEAR... I DID NOT START THIS THREAD BECAUSE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A WOMAN CAPTAIN. MY QUESTION (not even an issue with it, but more out of curiosity) WAS ABOUT A 27 YEAR OLD BEING NAMED CAPTAIN OF AN INTERNATIONAL AIRLINE (keeping in mind that she may only fly the short haul BOG-MDE, BOG-CALI, etc routes like somebody mentioned). Seems a little young and only having 200 hours. I used to fly Avianca a lot when they were Taca, but not as much anymore now that I don't have to travel to Latin America as much. They are top notch in the air. The customer service part could use some work.

To reiterate, I have no issue with women pilots. And I believe most of the men who commented don't either, and did so in jest (and probably out of jealousy). And the comments about her looks... well, she is very good looking.

And I believe most of the men who commented don't either, and did so in jest (and probably out of jealousy). And the comments about her looks... well, she is very good looking.

For the record, I would have asked the same question about her 4'10" height if she were male.

Just to be clear, she had 200 hours when she graduated flight school. She might have had 3,000 hours, more or less, when she upgraded to Captain.

Back