2017 year in preview

farmerbrake

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
farmerbrake
So we have the 2016 year in review thread. What all flying/aviation goals do you have for 2017?

Mine are:
Pass the Commercial, CFI, and CFII checkrides
Get a job getting paid to fly (instructing or other)
Maybe cross the 200 hour mark in the arrow?
Met a guy at the airport yesterday who works with the young Eagles. Might try to get involved with that this year too!
I also want to get a high performance endorsement (seriously, they couldn't squeeze 1 more hp out of the arrow....)

Fly to Oshkosh!!!
Rack up another 100 hours on the RV
Perform the first annual inspection
Young Eagles events
Try out my new pulse oximeter

Flying the heck out of the Mooney... :D

It looks like we start tomorrow. Since we have the plane, we flew 117 hours - this is since 08/01/2016!! :)

Upgrade on the CRJ while I'm still 23. Probably won't happen until I'm 24 but I can still dream big right?! Possibly get my CFII too.

-Resolve my hangar issue (probably will result in paying crazy high rent to stay close to home)
-Buy my plane
-Fly to OSH (I've controlled it a few years but never landed there)

Preferably in that order.

-Get the old girl flying again
-Make my first $100 burger run
-Triple Tree Spring fly-in
-Add two new states to my "landed there" list
-Fly 100+ hours this year

I'm sure there will be more goals, but those are tops for now. If things go as expected, I should be flying again by month's end.

I'd like to fly possibly over 60 hours( the most I've ever flown in a year was 58.) I've batted around the idea of getting my commercial license for a while. I don't have my Instrumant rating yet but I may try the commercial first as I have Summer's off and would be totally open to flying in the summer with my commercial ticket as a part time job. We shall see!

Buy a plane.
Get my MES.
Add some states to my list.
Fly a great deal more than 2016.
Maybe work on instrument rating.
Do some charity flying.

I'd like to fly possibly over 60 hours( the most I've ever flown in a year was 58.) I've batted around the idea of getting my commercial license for a while. I don't have my Instrumant rating yet but I may try the commercial first as I have Summer's off and would be totally open to flying in the summer with my commercial ticket as a part time job. We shall see!
If you don't do the instrument rating there will be a limitation put on your commercial license (no more than 50 nm away from base and prohibited from flying at night.)
Plus all the requirements for the instrument are part of the commercial.

100+ hours
CMEL
Oshkosh
Regain instrument currency
4+ angel flights
Potentially take first step in home building...

Finish CMEL
Finish CFI (maybe CFII as well)
Pay off airplane
Fly over 100 hours in a year

Get my ILS installed
finish my instrument rating
fly a few more Pilots n Paws missions
meet at least one person on this forum

I want to get my IFR rating and not spend too much $$ doing it.

I think I may add some countries to my "landed there" list. Hoping for Switzerland, Italy, Spain and Monaco. Maybe try to get a contract job flying to Asia for a trip or so. I want to see the whole world.

If you don't do the instrument rating there will be a limitation put on your commercial license (no more than 50 nm away from base and prohibited from flying at night.)
Plus all the requirements for the instrument are part of the commercial.

Hmmm yeah I think I knew about this but forgot! Well then maybe I'll bite the bullet and start the instrument!

-Multi/Commercial Q1
-C500 type by end of year

I want to get my IFR rating and not spend too much $$ doing it.
Safety pilots will be your friend then! That's my only regret when I did my instrument rating. Would've saved a couple hundred bucks if I would've used my safety pilot for a few more hours.

Fly more hours than in any previous year
First time to Petit Jean (aka RV Mountain)
Third Oshkosh
Finish IFR
Start Aerobatic training
Stay off wellfare

get IFR
add engine analyzer and engine pre-heater at annual
worry about work less
spend more time traveling new places with family

Should be a fun year. Friend and I are taking delivery of a shiny new SR22 on Feb 7th so my wife and I are already planning several trips.
I just got my IFR a few weeks ago, so I will slowly build up my confidence in the new plane in more interesting weather.

Goal is to get at least 20 hours a month in.

Light sport expo,sun n fun,osh,young eagles and at least one long cross country,hope to make calif this spring. Plan on at least 150 hrs.

• Pass IFR wrtten [done]
  • Complete IFR accelerated 7 day training
  • Pass Commercial written
  • Begin commercial training
  • Fly at least 75hrs for this year
RDUPilot

• Commercial rating
  • Fly to Alton Bay, land on ice runway
  • Fly to Sun'n'Fun
  • Fly to OSH
  • Finish RV-10 empennage kit, start working on fuselage
  • Camp on North Fox Island 6Y3
  • 6Y9 PoA Fly-In
  • Land at the yet to be re-opened Two Hearted River Airstrip in Michigan

• Commercial rating
  • Fly to Alton Bay, land on ice runway
  • Fly to Sun'n'Fun
  • Fly to OSH
  • Finish RV-10 empennage kit, start working on fuselage
  • Camp on North Fox Island 6Y3
  • 6Y9 PoA Fly-In
  • Land at the yet to be re-opened Two Hearted River Airstrip in Michigan

I agree to all of this... :D

Do the same and buy plane to complete in this year. If the stars align that is.

You two should really meet one another. You're both from Novi and you both just took a plane trip to the west coast. Sounds like you've got similar interests!

Oliver / German Guy is my husband... :D We are really happy that we met some years ago... :)

Commercial,
Multi
Upgrade my panel to center stack
Fly to Alaska
Do Sun n Fun

Would you mind sharing specifics?

Planning a group-fly from Bellingham, WA to anchorage, spend a week or so flying around the state (mostly day trips out and back) and then home.

Last week of June.

I figure it'll be roughly 60-80 hrs of flying in roughly two weeks if the weather cooperates.

Planning a group-fly from Bellingham, WA to anchorage, spend a week or so flying around the state (mostly day trips out and back) and then home.

Last week of June.

I figure it'll be roughly 60-80 hrs of flying in roughly two weeks if the weather cooperates.

Sounds like a great plan! I keep the fingers crossed for good weather. :)

Back