2015 NASCAR Chase is on!

Who will be the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion?

• Jimmie Johnson 48

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Kyle Busch 18

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Matt Kenseth 20

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Joey Logano 22

• Kevin Karvick 4

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dale Earnhardt Jr 88

• Kurt Busch 41

• Carl Edwards 19

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brad Keselowwski 2

• Martin Truex Jr 78

• Denny Hamlin 11

• Jamie McMurray 2

• Jeff Gordon 24

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Ryan Newman 31

• Paul Menard 27

• Clint Bowyer 15

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JustinD

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JustinD
Who's your pick for the chase this year? This happens to be the only sport I actually follow, ever since I went to my first NASCAR race 7 years ago I watch every race and follow it religiously. My personal pick for the chase this year is Kyle Busch, while my favorite driver (so I know I'm biased) there is no doubt he has had a dominating season and an incredible comeback from being out all those races and having extremely good finishes in just about every race he drove in. He's my number one pick, I think it will ultimately be him, Harvick, or Keslowski

If Busch wins...it will be an embarrassment. How can you call someone a champion when they miss nearly half the "regular" season??

He was able to work his way into the chase via points and wins just like anyone else. If other drivers had a full regular season and still couldn't make it in well I think that shows his talent level

I'm going with Kevin Harvick... Good clutch player now that the field is "leveled."

I'm going Harvick as well. Kyle and gibbs in general have been good this year but I think everyone is catching up. My runner up will be Joey Lagano.

I'm fast becoming a non-fan. The deal with NBC has meant not seeing many of the races in the second half of the season as they have been on NBCsn and not on the network. Some of us are on fixed incomes and the budget doesn't allow for the "every freaking channel" package. I guess NASCAR is happy with 1M or less viewers for TV.

I'm fast becoming a non-fan. The deal with NBC has meant not seeing many of the races in the second half of the season as they have been on NBCsn and not on the network. Some of us are on fixed incomes and the budget doesn't allow for the "every freaking channel" package. I guess NASCAR is happy with 1M or less viewers for TV.
Hell, they can't even fill seats at the most popular races. Kenny Wallace and I debate the topic from time to time.
I quit watching and attending races over a decade ago. Seems I'm in the majority for a change.

What's NASCAR?

A motor sport hatched in The South known for giving the rest of the country the ability to sport an unjustified superiority complex from February through November each year.

He was able to work his way into the chase via points and wins just like anyone else. If other drivers had a full regular season and still couldn't make it in well I think that shows his talent level

he also had 11 fewer opportunities to screw up.

any other sport...if you or your team sat out 1/3-1/2 of the games, you would not make the playoffs.

sorry he broke his leg. **** happens. thats the risk you take for moonlighting.

any other sport...if you or your team sat out 1/3-1/2 of the games, you would not make the playoffs.

Just goes to show how screwed up the new points system is and how it has turned NASCAR into a gimmick.

If Busch wins...it will be an embarrassment. How can you call someone a champion when they miss nearly half the "regular" season??

Because they won a ton of races and earned their way in with a significant point handicap against them.

In other words, the flip side of your argument is that he earned a top 30 spot despite driving so few races. That is impressive.

But that said - this is a Kurt Busch year.

Nah - the problem is that you can consider all 11 of those races screw ups. He earned 0 points where the person that took last earned 1.

That's a tough comeback story.

I hate Kyle Busch, but man, he has earned his spot.

A motor sport hatched in The South known for giving the rest of the country the ability to sport an unjustified superiority complex from February through November each year.

My white wine, and Brie cheese just came out of my nose!

How do you feel about college football?

I dislike the Busch brothers immensely, but he's definitely earned his way in this year.

Hard to argue he's not the hottest driver going right now, but 88 needs to win it.

I'm a Hendrick Motorsports fan, but I believe the 22 takes the title. Sliced Bread wins at Homestead.

I hate kyle Busch but I think he should be eligible.

If a star player in any other sport gets injured early in the season and returns for the playoffs they're just as eligible for the championship as the rest of the team.

I I feel good about the Gibbs cars (well mostly the 18 and 20, maybe 11 and probably not the 19) but I think the 41 and 4 have a chance. I also think the 48 has a chance if they can get it together but I'm also a 48 fan.

Its an inability to turn right.

Don't forget now they've got two road courses with right turns!

and every turn out of the pit-stall is to the right! :goofy:

I will agree I'm not pleased with the current broadcast situation as the only package available by my service provider that provides NBCSN is unbelievably more expensive than my current package. Fortunately I have found a way to get it on my computer and just use an HDMI port over to my TV. Pain yes, but does it work to watch the races? Absolutely.

I hate the chase. Just come up with a decent points system that awards winning and hard racing and apply it to every race over the entire season. No points resets. Whoever gets the most points wins the championship. I don't care if that means the championship is decided with several races to go. Each race should have the same potential impact on the outcome of the season championship. With the chase they do not. I watch each race as its own event anyways. Race to the checkers *******.

I hate the chase. Just come up with a decent points system that awards winning and hard racing and apply it to every race over the entire season. No points resets. Whoever gets the most points wins the championship. I don't care if that means the championship is decided with several races to go. Each race should have the same potential impact on the outcome of the season championship. With the chase they do not. I watch each race as its own event anyways. Race to the checkers *******.

Good point, win the Daytona 500 in February and you're pretty much guaranteed a spot in the chase.

Back