2010 Dinner Alternative

Steve,

Big thanks for your work on this. I thought it went swimmingly, the food was great and the service far better and faster than Gaston's, and the prices about the same.

And for all of you funny texters, I would like to point out that the schedule above says:

The bus is scheduled to arrive at the resort ~7pm.

Boarding will start ~7:15pm.

The bus will depart @ 7:30pm!

So I was actually early, and I was not last. :p :D

Steve,

Big thanks for your work on this. I thought it went swimmingly, the food was great and the service far better and faster than Gaston's, and the prices about the same.

I agree great job Steve. :thumbsup: I think everything went great. It was nice to go somewhere where they wanted our business

And for all of you funny texters
How many texts did you get?

Well Kent, at least you didn't get a happy birthday gift by strangers in front of everyone when it wasn't your birthday! Count your blessings <g>.

Thanks again Steve! I know I already told you, but the trip on the 'magic bus' was great fun, and the food and company (all but the birthday sundae) were very good!

Best,

Dave

The food was great, the conversation was great, and the ride was amusing enough (always funny to hear a busload full of pilots making "woop woop, pull up" sounds...) :D

Thanks Steve for setting it all up!

Well Kent, at least you didn't get a happy birthday gift by strangers in front of everyone when it wasn't your birthday! Count your blessings <g>.

Thanks again Steve! I know I already told you, but the trip on the 'magic bus' was great fun, and the food and company (all but the birthday sundae) were very good!

Best,

Dave

I am kinda glad I chose that time to go find the restroom. :yes:

BTW, whose idea was it to try to roast ME with that? :dunno::rofl:

I am kinda glad I chose that time to go find the restroom. :yes:

BTW, whose idea was it to try to roast ME with that? :dunno::rofl:

Wasn't me! As I'm sure you guessed.

I really dislike having a bunch of people I don't even know come over clapping and singing happy birthday. I had just made a remark to that effect to Bruce, Sue, Felix, William and Jason at the table when the serenade began!! I just like to stay under the RADAR, unlike some folks that like attention.)

You lucked out Greg!

Best,

Dave

I'm happy it worked out as well as it did! We even left 5 minutes early which turned out we needed to reach the restaurant on schedule. I really appreciate every fly-in participant who committed to ride actually showing up and we even had a few late arrivals we were able to accomodate.

I thought the staff at Colton's did a great job with the group and told the manager as much on the way out. If you have any particular comments to direct that way, positive or negative, PM me as I'm sending them an email later this week.

And Wayne B, I do regret your absence. The bus actually knelt down for Bob when he boarded!...the driver said they have one that's wheelchair accessible, too, so just give me a heads up if it would be of benefit next year.....:goofy:

As far as the birthday celebration at Dave S's table...I know nothing...nothing...

As far as the birthday celebration at Dave S's table...I know nothing...nothing...
Neither do I. :aureola:

I do want to congratulate Dave S on his aim with that cherry, though. I felt its wake as it whizzed by to hit Spike!

Speaking of dinner, I want to thank everyone who cooked and baked during the time at Gaston's. I could eat another bowl of Leslie's jambalaya right now!

schultz-copy1.jpg

Steve, thanks again for making the PM dietary alternative happen. Kathleen, too. :)

Last edited:
Are the parking places in the shade along the east edge reserved in order of pilot age?

I'm happy it worked out as well as it did! We even left 5 minutes early which turned out we needed to reach the restaurant on schedule. I really appreciate every fly-in participant who committed to ride actually showing up and we even had a few late arrivals we were able to accomodate.

I thought the staff at Colton's did a great job with the group and told the manager as much on the way out. If you have any particular comments to direct that way, positive or negative, PM me as I'm sending them an email later this week.

And Wayne B, I do regret your absence. The bus actually knelt down for Bob when he boarded!...the driver said they have one that's wheelchair accessible, too, so just give me a heads up if it would be of benefit next year.....:goofy:

Are the parking places in the shade along the east edge reserved in order of pilot age?

...could be that, could be looks, either one works!

Neither do I. :aureola:

I do want to congratulate Dave S on his aim with that cherry, though. I felt its wake as it whizzed by to hit Spike!

Speaking of dinner, I want to thank everyone who cooked and baked during the time at Gaston's. I could eat another bowl of Leslie's jambalaya right now!

I was wondering if it was Leslie who cooked the Jambalaya when the recipe was asked for.... it seems anything Leslie cooks is GOOD beyond comare. :thumbsup:

I would like to add my thanks to Steve for his work at the field as ground control, and on the trip to dinner. Top drawer job Steve!!!!!!

Aw, shucks, Bob. I just try to help where I can. This is a group effort and many participants make the event what it is.

But I do appreciate the acknowledgement.:yes:

I would like to add my thanks to Steve for his work at the field as ground control, and on the trip to dinner. Top drawer job Steve!!!!!!

Since I wasn't there, I will abstain from any comments regarding his allegedly shady reputation.

It couldn't be good looks, Wayne, as Spike never got out of the shade the whole time. :wink2:

Since I wasn't there, I will abstain from any comments regarding his allegedly shady reputation.

The allegations of the alligators are adroitly apropos.

Back