2010 6Y9 Fly-in Attendees

Sorry I'm planning on taking the club Archer this year... as AztecAir isn't very reliable.

We'll see whether or not you make it this year, then, since I'll be giving your seats up to someone else.

I will also be modifying the hay wagon to make it a bit more sturdy, so we don't have to worry about anyone falling out on the way back.

Maybe you can take Steingar with you?:D

He does fit conveniently in most overhead compartments, but she'll have to charge for that. ;)

I imagine Missa will take her SO. My guess is an average warrior is not up to taking three people plus camping gear into and out of a 2600 foot grass strip. Someone with more experience can correct me if I am mistaken.

I imagine Missa will take her SO. My guess is an average warrior is not up to taking three people plus camping gear into and out of a 2600 foot grass strip. Someone with more experience can correct me if I am mistaken.

I took that exact plane with two people and camping gear (including appropriate beverages) into 6Y9 in 2008. I wouldn't want to do it with a third.

I took that exact plane with two people and camping gear (including appropriate beverages) into 6Y9 in 2008. I wouldn't want to do it with a third.

+ you and your passenger /= me and mine By about 100-200 lbs. And it has been a very long time since I have done short grass. Since I don't want to die, I may ask for someone to lift my passenger over to a longer feild.

I will also be modifying the hay wagon to make it a bit more sturdy, so we don't have to worry about anyone falling out on the way back.

How about some wheel/bearing modifications so we don't have to rely on some pick up truck stopping and offering to "take the women and children"... :rofl:

last year you gave my seat up to some dogs.... :rolleyes:

Hey, if you'd been willing to sit in a cage we could've fit you in there, too.

Even if I were willing the flight didn't even make a stop at 6Y9

Well you were the one complaining about the seat being taken by dogs. You could have had the seat. The fact that I flew my airplane to someplace you didn't want to go I don't see as my problem. :D

Well you were the one complaining about the seat being taken by dogs. You could have had the seat. The fact that I flew my airplane to someplace you didn't want to go I don't see as my problem. :D

You changed your plans to fly your plane to someplace I didn't want to go after having agreed give me a ride to 6Y9, top it off your decision came late enough that I could not secure a club plane for the weekend.

Now now children, everyone who wanted to get there got there. Ed is really on a roll today. I can see why he remains single. Or perhaps I should say how he remains single.

Early gameplan for the Joneses is AirTran from ATL-> MLI then RV from MUT -> 6Y9. We'll see if that actually pans out as time approaches.

So Ed are you putting in lights for me and Kent?????

3.Two weeks ago the field was dry and the snow was gone ( that can change as April and even early May we can get snow:mad:) that's awful early and maybe the start of a very dry year and potential burning bans.

Better notify Felix. ;)

7. Ed and I will build a "official fire pit" before the fly in.

:D

8. The WW II guard tower project is underway, footing's are in and the move of the legs to the site by the entrance, and the "shack" will be moved to the school site to start the refurb. When done ,it will be re attached to the legs, hopefully this year.

Cool!

+ you and your passenger /= me and mine By about 100-200 lbs. And it has been a very long time since I have done short grass. Since I don't want to die, I may ask for someone to lift my passenger over to a longer feild.

In an Archer, you should have no problem, provided it's properly maintained and actually developing 180hp.

Sorry I'm planning on taking the club Archer this year... as AztecAir isn't very reliable.

Waitaminute... They actually let you land on grass without your Commercial? :rolleyes: Don't tell anyone, I'm sure they can come up with a rule to prevent your flight from happening. :mad2:

Got my reservations today. Cottages are slim, they said they still had individual rooms though.

Best,

Dave

+ you and your passenger /= me and mine By about 100-200 lbs. And it has been a very long time since I have done short grass. Since I don't want to die, I may ask for someone to lift my passenger over to a longer field.

Duz that mean you're 'specting me to show up again?:D I'm not sure "You call, we haul" is included in my 6Y9 tour package...

Last edited:
Waitaminute... They actually let you land on grass without your Commercial? :rolleyes: Don't tell anyone, I'm sure they can come up with a rule to prevent your flight from happening. :mad2:

Luckly 6Y9 is public grass not private grass... I have sucessfully gotten permission to land on Private Grass so there is hope one day I may make it to Diana's and actually land there (if she lets me):aureola:

Duz that mean you're 'specting me to show up again?:D I'm not sure "You call, we haul" is included in my 6Y9 tour package...

Nope I wasn't 'specting you to show up agian... but I hope you do it was lots of fun.

I plan to be in the Archer this year not Stingard's 140. The Archer can handle a bit more weight. I do want to grab a bit of short feild pratice before I come... I've gotten lazy at Willimasport.

Got my reservations today. Cottages are slim, they said they still had individual rooms though.

Best,

Dave

Eddddddd..... Are you renting the 'rooms' in the school to the newbies again!? You're not going to have many return visitors if you keep sticking them in the Hotel de Cockroach on their first trip.

Eddddddd..... Are you renting the 'rooms' in the school to the newbies again!? You're not going to have many return visitors if you keep sticking them in the Hotel de Cockroach on their first trip.

Oh, even the cockroaches won't live in there yet. LOL

Nope I wasn't 'specting you to show up agian... but I hope you do it was lots of fun.

I plan to be in the Archer this year not Stingard's 140. The Archer can handle a bit more weight. I do want to grab a bit of short feild pratice before I come... I've gotten lazy at Willimasport.

Not that much more, the Free Bird is truly a mighty 140. Just got out of annual with no major squawks, yahoo!

Well not exactly:mad:

Well, if Ted bails again maybe you can come to C'bus and fly with me. That would be FUN.

Last edited:

Accelerate, and about the time you hit the bump in the middle at about 40-50 KIAS pop in two notches of flaps. you'll pop right off using the Ed Fred method.

Not that much more, the Free Bird is truly a mighty 140. Just got out of annual with no major squawks, yahoo!

Well, if Ted bails again maybe you can come to C'bus and fly with me. That would be FUN.

Adam wasn't going with Ted. Adam got screwed over by UsAir(?) He was going to ride up with me.

He was on his way to the airport when they called and cancelled his flight from PHL to GRR. They wouldn't rebook him to Green Bay, or Madison, or any other number of airports sort of on the way. They would rebook him to ORD, IND, and MSP or any other number of airports that would not work out. Yay, Part 121 Customer Service!

Not much more, but hopefully enough more for comfort. I plan on flying in-between arriving and departing so I get a feel for the feild with a bit lighter load in the plane and then increase the load till I feel comfortable taking off with what I have with me.

Great to hear free bird got a clean bill of health!

Adam wasn't going with Ted. Adam got screwed over by UsAir(?) He was going to ride up with me.

He was on his way to the airport when they called and cancelled his flight from PHL to GRR. They wouldn't rebook him to Green Bay, or Madison, or any other number of airports sort of on the way. They would rebook him to ORD, IND, and MSP or any other number of airports that would not work out. Yay, Part 121 Customer Service!

I have consistently been more on time with fewer cancelations with GA than Part 121, not to mention had fewer problems with scheduling (it's my schedule) and better customer service.

There are several daily flights between C'bus and Philly, and the drive isn't even that bad. I would not have worked last year, since I took Missa (and had a very nice time so doing). But this year...

There are several daily flights between C'bus and Philly, and the drive isn't even that bad. I would not have worked last year, since I took Missa (and had a very nice time so doing). But this year...

Wonder if they are anymore likely to cancle the C'bus to Philly flights and if they are more easily re-booked. :skeptical:

I have consistently been more on time with fewer cancelations with GA than Part 121, not to mention had fewer problems with scheduling (it's my schedule) and better customer service.

I've had VERY few issues with 121 - Twice I got rebooked due as much to my fault as to theirs, I've never had my luggage lost, etc. - But I don't fly airlines nearly as much as some people here (Scott...).

However, I must agree that GA has been very reliable for me - Not 100%, but the flights I've delayed or cancelled were pretty much just pleasure flights. GA has been about as reliable as driving my car, which is pretty damn good. If I absolutely need to be somewhere, I plan to depart early enough that if anything goes wrong at any point I can simply land, rent a car, and still be early. Takes the pressure off, and I've never had to use that option.

Once, I even used GA in a situation where it was safer than driving - A freezing rainstorm had come through and deposited a bunch of ice on the roads. PJ was in Chicago and I wanted to meet up with everyone at the gathering at Pilot Pete's. Roads still sucked bad but the sky was pretty clear, so I "diverted" my car to the airport and flew instead. :yes:

Back