2010 6Y9 Fly-in Attendees

I'm in... pending Aztec ride, IR, and/or Rans getting finished.

I'm in again... until I'm out. ;)

Plan on me being there with the Aztec!

I'm in!
Labor Day is early next year - weather should be much better than the heckish conditions we endured this year. ;)

Perhaps the Wx will be more 'soooper' ;)

I have been hearing that in my head all weekend. The way you say 'soooper yankee' cracks me up. :D:D

:cornut:
You know, now that it's been to 6Y9, it's a Soooper Yoooper Yankee.

Airborne???

More like wheels down. He was airborne Friday, it just wasn't in the right direction.

Yeah, I forgot to set my HSI to my compass and look where I ended up! See there, kids, this is why you always set your HSI/DG as part of your checklist prior to takeoff. ;)

Yeah, I forgot to set my HSI to my compass and look where I ended up! See there, kids, this is why you always set your HSI/DG as part of your checklist prior to takeoff. ;)

Or employ a remote compass that auto-sets..... I'm really glad to have a KCS-55.

I'm in. In fact, count me in for the next 5-35 years. After that I'll have to see.

Barb

We'll be there if we can - it all depends how far away we end up after December. I think our range at which we are willing to make the trip extends a bit after every year we make it up there. ;)

We'll be there if we can - it all depends how far away we end up after December. I think our range at which we are willing to make the trip extends a bit after every year we make it up there. ;)
Chris
You and Rachel need to move closer not farther.
You gotta come ,all the kids in Sidnaw have fallen in love with Rachel.
Don't you know the west coast is supposed to break off and drift away.

Well, it's a new year, and I have a new calendar on my wall. I've declared my vacation day in September for 6Y9. Given how the dog flights have been evolving (more towards scheduled in advance rather than emergency last-minute), it should be easier to declare "vacation" weekends this year. Three planned weekends are:

- Wings
- Gaston's
- 6Y9

Probably not going to go to Osh this year.

Well, it's a new year, and I have a new calendar on my wall. I've declared my vacation day in September for 6Y9. Given how the dog flights have been evolving (more towards scheduled in advance rather than emergency last-minute), it should be easier to declare "vacation" weekends this year. Three planned weekends are:

- Wings
- Gaston's
- 6Y9

Probably not going to go to Osh this year.
Ted, I am humbled that you are choosing 6Y9 over OSH this year.
We may not have "Sully and Skiles" but we do have "Toivo and Eino":D

Brad, Osh is fun and all, but I always find myself looking for things to do there. At 6Y9, I definitely do not have that issue. I'd rather use my vacation to see my favorite people and visit my favorite places. Osh has some of my favorite people, but nobody who I can't or don't see during other times of the year, and the rest of the event I don't find to be all that.

That said, if they throw me the keys to the Evolution and say "Hey Ted, can you fly this thing to Osh for us?" they could twist my arm. Somehow, I don't see that happening.

I bet you will still throw your name in the hat for the trip raffle (if we have one this year) and go if you win. ; )

I haven't thrown my name in the trip raffle hat since I started working here.

Brad, Osh is fun and all, but I always find myself looking for things to do there. At 6Y9, I definitely do not have that issue. I'd rather use my vacation to see my favorite people and visit my favorite places. Osh has some of my favorite people, but nobody who I can't or don't see during other times of the year, and the rest of the event I don't find to be all that.

That said, if they throw me the keys to the Evolution and say "Hey Ted, can you fly this thing to Osh for us?" they could twist my arm. Somehow, I don't see that happening.

Ted, we're honored that you consider us some of your favorite people, and 6Y9 one of you're favorite places.
I was up there last week with Diz snomobiling and it wasn't one of my favorite places on Sat. ,we woke up to 23 below zero, by 2:00 in the afternoon it was all the way up to Zero!!! BRRRRRR. We did go riding ,but only 50 miles, for all the day's we were there we did get in 450 miles ,somewhat short of what we usually do.

Ed/Brad,
I was looking for info on the event this year on the website, but don't see anything up there yet. Are you still awaiting a PIREP on Bill's Grill?

We usually wait until the field is open (May) before we start with the flyers.

Going to a wedding that weekend, Ed. Unavoidable. My 26 year old nephew finally decided to marry his H.S. sweetheart (and 8 year partner), as in, "Sterling, get your act together and marry that woman".

Here's the pre opening report:
1.Bill's Grill is open and the food is great.
2.The cones and windsock will be up on May 15th ,6Y9 official spring opening.
3.Two weeks ago the field was dry and the snow was gone ( that can change as April and even early May we can get snow:mad:) that's awful early and maybe the start of a very dry year and potential burning bans.
4.I got a call from the power company:aureola: and they promised orange ball's ,a flag and who know's what else on that power pole before May 15th.
5. There will be a new orange and white striped windsock with a new extended frame up this year for better visability courtesy of POA donors (THANK YOU :yesnod:).
6. The dozer will be at work ,working on better drainage, creating more taxi way off the runway, extending the runway both on 10 and 28 and pushing a couple more trees over.
7. Ed and I will build a "official fire pit" before the fly in.
8. The WW II guard tower project is underway, footing's are in and the move of the legs to the site by the entrance, and the "shack" will be moved to the school site to start the refurb. When done ,it will be re attached to the legs, hopefully this year.
9. I'm still looking for an L-4A "grasshopper" for the 6Y9 museum (flying or restorable of course:rolleyes:)

Woo hoo!
Exciting times in Sidnaw! :D

Thanks for everything you guys do.

Back