2009 PoA Events

Party at Heathers on Friday!!!!!

Ha ha! I'd love to, but unfortunately I own a condo with pretty tight rules. Lots of retired people who sleep early. Boo for me. :redface: Maybe next year when I have a house... if I can sell the condo.

I don't want to commit to anything, just want an option in case I decide to do something Fri night. I'll be at the grounds by 8 am, so I may be exhausted by the time the airshow is over anyway.

I'm so non-committal that I only use pencil and erasable pen. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ha ha! I'd love to, but unfortunately I own a condo with pretty tight rules. Lots of retired people who sleep early. Boo for me. :redface: Maybe next year when I have a house... if I can sell the condo.

I don't want to commit to anything, just want an option in case I decide to do something Fri night. I'll be at the grounds by 8 am, so I may be exhausted by the time the airshow is over anyway.

I'm so non-committal that I only use pencil and erasable pen. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What some people who live nearby don't relise is that Osh is a 24hr event. The only thing that has "hours" are the vendors. If you aren't staying on-site you are missing over 1/2 the fun. Grab a tent and camp! I know I have to be on site because most nights I have to be able to walk to my tent. :drink::D

What some people who live nearby don't relise is that Osh is a 24hr event. The only thing that has "hours" are the vendors. If you aren't staying on-site you are missing over 1/2 the fun. Grab a tent and camp! I know I have to be on site because most nights I have to be able to walk to my tent. :drink::D

That's funny you say that. I've always thought I was missing out on a lot. I equate it with going to college, but not living in a dorm. I'll definitely consider it, though I do have something to do early on Sat morning. Oh, wait, it's get up and drive back to OSH. :yikes: Hmmm......

That's funny you say that. I've always thought I was missing out on a lot. I equate it with going to college, but not living in a dorm. I'll definitely consider it, though I do have something to do early on Sat morning. Oh, wait, it's get up and drive back to OSH. :yikes: Hmmm......
Yeah, this is why we're probably going to finally do the camping this this year.

There are evening presentations, the fly-in movie, stuff going on in the theater in the woods. And Hanger flying with a beer under a wing or out in Scholler. They say the have added flush tolets this year but I really didn't miss them. The ones out on the show grounds can trun nasty in the afternoon but the ones in Sholler don't. I even camp right next to them because I've never been bothered by the smell. (only time it smells is when they come by to clean them and it's just an overly chemical smell)

Got a tent? Or at least a sleeping bag? I bet we can find a place for you to stay and get the whole experience.

Nothing like an OSH Thunderstorm in the middle of the night to make you feel "one" with mother nature - it's a rite of passage too!

Heather, we'll find room for you at our campsite if you want. Especially if you have a car. :D

Heather, we'll find room for you at our campsite if you want. Especially if you have a car. :D

Ok, I'm gonna work on getting a tent and air mattress. Yeah, yeah, I'm only 32 but whatevs... I do have a car but its a VW Beetle. I could cram a few people in there if needed! I'd just need room for my tent, and a cooler full of beer. I'll work on the tent situation tonight.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm gonna work on getting a tent and air mattress. Yeah, yeah, I'm only 32 but whatevs... I do have a car but its a VW Beetle. I could cram a few people in there if needed! I'd just need room for my tent, and a cooler full of beer. I'll work on the tent situation tonight.

I think we are brining a 12 person tent. I had a queen sized double high air matress in it last year. We will have more people this year but not my air matress as it will not fit in the airplane. Bring a sleeping bag, folding chair, a cooler and pop a squat. Only fee will be that keys to the beetle should be left at the site so if someone needs to run to walmart (for beeer of course) they can. (I did that with my Vibe, never knew it left the site until I relised that somehow I got 500 miles out of a "tank" of gas)

I could also bring a spare tent. I have one that weighs only a little, if someone wants to use it. Could sleep two small people, but it would be tight. Plenty of room for one.

Got a tent? Or at least a sleeping bag? I bet we can find a place for you to stay and get the whole experience.

Nothing like an OSH Thunderstorm in the middle of the night to make you feel "one" with mother nature - it's a rite of passage too!

Definitely agree with Tim that living through a thunderstorm or nice heavy downpour at OSH is a right of passage. Also, I am driving and have 2 extra tents albeit cheap tents (which is why they're extra 'cause not totally waterproof in a windy downpour.)

So, if anyone needs a tent, we have two...one is a 4 person tent and the other is I think an 8 person tent with a divider (which is what kept me from getting TOTALLY wet 2 years ago when we had a rain/wind storm) 'cause it blocked the water from getting on the bed. We will be at OSH Wed - Sun. Anyone...let me know if you want to borrow one (would appreciate getting it back after the event is over).

And, HEATHER, if you want to be nice and close to the runway where the airshows happen, that is where we're pitching our tents in the Classic section with the 195's...nothing like seeing the airshow begin, move the chair from the tent/airplane to the flight line in 30 seconds and sit and watch the airshow. Or if one is lazy, stay by the tent/airplane and watch the airshow from there.

In fact, we are down far enough from the bandstand to not have many people on the flight line watching the show (except us campers)...so if anyone wants to come to the classic area and watch the airshow, they're really good seats...can't beat being away from the crowd as one watches the airshow but close enough to see the action and hear the commentary AND you can't beat the company either.:goofy:

And one more thing...Greg and I have spent more than our time and energy visiting people in the north 40 and other areas in the past...I think its time for others to come to us...'specially 'cause we're in the "cool" section of OSH.:D

This is why I think Ted needs to park us in Vintage... yes, the Aztruck is Vintage. : 0

You bring the cooler, and I'll find the room!

If you have a cooler full of beer, then you're welcome with us! :yes:

As to the air mattress, it all depends on your back. Mine is pretty screwed up, but the ground is level enough and soft enough that my sleeping bag is fine. Then again, I was also happy sleeping on the floor in Tony's cabin at Gaston's, so I probably am not a good person to compare to. ;)

We'll be showing up on Saturday the 25th and heading to Vintage (at least, that's the plan). How much of the week do you think you'll be able to stay with us?

Alright, I have the tent secured. Now, my question is this. Where the heck do people in the North 40 shower?

So, where are all of you camping? If I stayed in the North 40, where would I park my car that people could come and go as needed and still know where the car is. I'm thinking right now that Camp Scholler is a better idea for that reason, and the SHOWERS. I could be wrong though.

I'm also trying to figure out a way to make the dinner Thursday night. I'm not counting on it, but trying to re-arrange my schedule.

Alright, I have the tent secured. Now, my question is this. Where the heck do people in the North 40 shower?

So, where are all of you camping? If I stayed in the North 40, where would I park my car that people could come and go as needed and still know where the car is. I'm thinking right now that Camp Scholler is a better idea for that reason, and the SHOWERS. I could be wrong though.

I'm also trying to figure out a way to make the dinner Thursday night. I'm not counting on it, but trying to re-arrange my schedule.

There are shower houses all over north 40, vintage and scholer. No need to worrie. Not sure about where to leave the car.

The showers are a bit rustic but work well.

North 40 is sort of "reserved" for plane camping, isn't it? While I'm pretty sure they wouldn't object to someone schlepping their gear over from elsewhere, the drivers are typically in Scholler and the fly-ins are in the various airplane parking/camping areas.

There are shower houses all over north 40, vintage and scholer. No need to worrie. Not sure about where to leave the car.

The showers are a bit rustic but work well.

I think they're getting less rustic all the time. And I agree they work well.

North 40 is sort of "reserved" for plane camping, isn't it? While I'm pretty sure they wouldn't object to someone schlepping their gear over from elsewhere, the drivers are typically in Scholler and the fly-ins are in the various airplane parking/camping areas.

OK, that's what I kind of thought. I'm gonna plan on Scholler then.

We're currently looking to upgrade our 8'x9' tent to something larger, say 10' x 20'. I think we could manage to put someone else in there if needed! :) And we'll probably be in Scholler.

Shower? Hah! We all just get naked and run around during the big thunderstorms. ;) Or if the weather's good, stink the place up! :D

(Yes, I'm kidding. If you drive down South Park Ave. this time of year, you should be able to see a red building that's roughly south of the threshold of runway 9. That's the shower building. There's another one just like it in Scholler. I'm pretty sure they've been reassembled by now.)

This year we're doing the North 40 so we can watch all the airplanes come and go.

Shower? Hah! We all just get naked and run around during the big thunderstorms. ;) Or if the weather's good, stink the place up! :D

(Yes, I'm kidding. If you drive down South Park Ave. this time of year, you should be able to see a red building that's roughly south of the threshold of runway 9. That's the shower building. There's another one just like it in Scholler. I'm pretty sure they've been reassembled by now.)

ohhhhhh, I thought that was just a big crapper! :D

I've made the reservation for 7 PM on Thursday - There are 5 on the babes board (counting me but not Missa or Ted) and I've booked it for 10-20 people. I'll want to finalize the head count by Tuesday (28th).

I was able to rearrange my schedule and it looks like I'll be able to make dinner on Thursday!! :smile: I'll be coming from Appleton, but I could swing down to OSH and pick up anyone if needed.

Here's who I have so far for the White House: Chime in if you're interested and not listed. Dinner's on Thursday at 7:00.

Missa
Moxie (babes)
Jill (babes)
Stache (babes)
CaneNAble (babes)
Tim
Grant
Leslie
Ted
Barb (from Williamsport via Aztruck)
Heather

Here's who I have so far for the White House: Chime in if you're interested and not listed. Dinner's on Thursday at 7:00.

Missa ( & mom)
Moxie (babes)
Jill (babes)
Stache (babes)
CaneNAble (babes)
Tim
Grant
Leslie
Ted
Barb, Randy & Son (from Williamsport via Aztruck)
Heather
See adds

I have never heard of the place and have never been there, however I may be interested, and may bring along a friend if the transportation is available.

Thanks!

Edit: how many people are flying out in the AzTruck, Missa/Ted?

That question is still up in the air.

Barb has not confirmed and is talking about driving so she can stop in Chicigo and MI and visit family. She may not even be there on Thursday. I may not fly in the Aztruck depending on Ted's ever changing return date/time. If I drive I will pick Mom up for the whole thing or she was planing to drive out by herself by Thursday if I don't. There there is a possiblity of my friends Rick or Terry joining us or Gary and Leslie but non are confirmed... expect the number to be fluid.

Missa

I have never heard of the place and have never been there, however I may be interested, and may bring along a friend if the transportation is available.
I think Leslie and I should be able to help with transportation.

That question is still up in the air.

Barb has not confirmed and is talking about driving so she can stop in Chicigo and MI and visit family. She may not even be there on Thursday. I may not fly in the Aztruck depending on Ted's ever changing return date/time. If I drive I will pick Mom up for the whole thing or she was planing to drive out by herself by Thursday if I don't. There there is a possiblity of my friends Rick or Terry joining us or Gary and Leslie but non are confirmed... expect the number to be fluid.

Missa
Funny, I'm driving through MI on the way out, and probably through Chicago on the way back.

I understands plans fluctuate until the moment of departure (and often after, too).

Funny, I'm driving through MI on the way out, and probably through Chicago on the way back.

I understands plans fluctuate until the moment of departure (and often after, too).

Want to pick Ma up for me??? :p

Well, if Missa and Barb cancel on me then I'm probably canceling, too. I'm not paying that much in fuel.

My plan is to fly out on the 25th and fly back on the 31st. I have to be in Boston on the 3rd and if I'm going to be away from home for two weeks in a row like that I want to make sure I have at least a bit of time in between.

Back