2009 PoA Events

sba55

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
sba55
In 2007, we had dinner in town (I think it was on Wednesday). I wanted to start a thread to see if folks were interested in a gettogethers this year.

I can contribute a rental car if we want to go to town.

Felix

In 2007, we had dinner in town (I think it was on Wednesday). I wanted to start a thread to see if folks were interested in a gettogethers this year.

Felix

Any particular airport and date? Was this intended to be about AirVenture?

Any particular airport and date? Was this intended to be about AirVenture?
yeah, this is for AirVenture.

I thought we'd leave the discussion open-ended. Maybe Wednesday night for dinner in town. Steve?

Felix
What, you don't want to be in the trunk of an SUV this year?:D:D:yikes:

Why Wednesday? That evening Greg and I are always busy...and THAT evening only...any takers for a different day...like Thursday?

Having said that, maybe we can get 2 groups together...one earlier in the week for those who go only the first half of the event and another one for later in the week for those who are there for the last half of the event. I know many people have said they will only be there part of the week. We won't get there 'til Wednesday this year and stay 'til Sunday.

Since we live relatively close by, I will be driving up while Greg flies the 195 into OSH so our van will be at the event....we can transport 8 people.

BTW, Felix, thought you were only staying 'til Wednesday?...or do I have you confused with Alex?:confused::D

Oh, and I think that we're interested in joining in.

The restaurant we went to last time was Robbin's (http://www.robbinsrestaurant.com/) at Oshkosh Ave and Omro Rd (State Rd. 21).

The Babes get together at Jimmie's White House Inn (http://www.whitehouseinnonline.com/) in Butte des Morts.

The two restaurants were founded in 1928 and 1929, respectively.

Last edited:
yeah, this is for AirVenture.

I thought we'd leave the discussion open-ended. Maybe Wednesday night for dinner in town. Steve?

Wednesday evening is when the Antique Vintage people are getting together. I will be there.

Awesome. How about Thursday night?

Who's Alex :confused::D I'm thinking about staying until Friday.

I believe (someone corect me if I'm wrong and I'll have to go drop by the Babes to find out) but Thursday is the Babes and airplanes dinner at the whitehouse and there are a lot of members of both groups.

Are males invited to the Babes dinner?

ted,

with your hair, you'll fit right in :)

I believe (someone corect me if I'm wrong and I'll have to go drop by the Babes to find out) but Thursday is the Babes and airplanes dinner at the whitehouse and there are a lot of members of both groups.

Crap. I can't make it to the dinner. Gotta teach on Thursday nights.

I'll be at Airventure all day Friday. Just going to a few workshops, get in the WomenVenture pic, then enjoy the airshow.

I'm parking planes in the North 40 all day Sat and Sun. Actually, I think I'm "greeting" the planes. "Welcome to Oshkosh, don't forget to close your flight plan, where are you from, enjoy your stay..." kind of stuff. So look for me! Tall girl, long light brownish hair. Although I will probably get more highlights before then. :D

I'd like to propose Thursday evening then. Who's in? 6pm?
If Thursday is Babes night, I would vote against it, unless we do a combined event. The White House wasn't that large though, IIRC. Robbin's would be better able to handle the combined group, but Babes has such a history with the White House that I don't see them going for a change.

If Thursday is Babes night, I would vote against it, unless we do a combined event. The White House wasn't that large though, IIRC. Robbin's would be better able to handle the combined group, but Babes has such a history with the White House that I don't see them going for a change.
Is Babes going to Robinson's? Are you and Leslie thinking about going to Babes? Seems like Thursday would work for most of the people that have posted here so far.

Is Babes going to Robinson's? Are you and Leslie thinking about going to Babes? Seems like Thursday would work for most of the people that have posted here so far.
What is Robinson's?

Missa said that Thursday is Babes night (I've put a post up at www.babesandairplanes.com to confirm), and Heather cannot make it that night either. I don't know if Leslie was planning on Babes but, if so, it would pose a quandary for us too.

And I think you should probably set the thread title to something like "PoA dinner at AirVenture 2009" to make it clearer to everyone what you're proposing. If they don't happen to notice the forum it's in, they'll likely miss the significance.

Last edited:
There's Tuesday...

I'm hoping to be at a party on Monday night, I think Jay's party is Wednesday night, and Podapalooza is Friday night. :yes:

I forget, When is the babe's dinner at the whitehouse?

FWIW, I've never heard of the "babes" getting together for dinner. Maybe that's because I haven't been on POA before this year...I don't know...but I'd prefer to attend something that everyone is invited to if I have to make a choice.

FWIW, I've never heard of the "babes" getting together for dinner. Maybe that's because I haven't been on POA before this year...I don't know...but I'd prefer to attend something that everyone is invited to if I have to make a choice.
Babes refers to the Babes and Planes board (www.babesandairplanes.com) that was hosted here for a while due to technical difficulties on their normal home. (Anyone care to add additional info?)

Linda, who made the reservations last year at the White House, hasn't made them yet this year and won't be attending. I've proposed combining the two dinners at a single location on Thursday.

(BTW, Tuesday is the Cessna Pilot Association BBQ, FWIW.)

Are males invited to the Babes dinner?

There are Male Babes... Even one of the Founding Babes was male. But in general they are know as Frogs. Yes, Frogs are allowed at the dinner. I even took Randy and Rick last year.

Babes refers to the Babes and Planes board (www.babesandairplanes.com) that was hosted here for a while due to technical difficulties on their normal home. (Anyone care to add additional info?)

Linda, who made the reservations last year at the White House, hasn't made them yet this year and won't be attending. I've proposed combining the two dinners at a single location on Thursday.

(BTW, Tuesday is the Cessna Pilot Association BBQ, FWIW.)

Then lets go to the whitehouse and post it on the Babes board. If we get a round number then we should be able to get a room big enough. The Reason I would still want to go to the Whitehouse is that it's been there for so long, random babes who don't check in regularlry just show up at the whitehouse thrusday durring Osh.

I'm for the whitehouse on Thursday, and I'll post it on the babes board.

There's a SAFE dinner that night but I'd rather do the whitehouse.

I'll have room for one in the convertible.

I'll make the reservation, let me know (email please timothy.metzinger@metzair.com) if you're coming.

Last edited:
I'm for the whitehouse on Thursday, and I'll post it on the babes board.

There's a SAFE dinner that night but I'd rather do the whitehouse.

I'll have room for one in the convertible.

I'll make the reservation, let me know (email please timothy.metzinger@metzair.com) if you're coming.
Thanks, Tim. Go ahead and update the thread I started over there.

What time?

Thanks, Tim. Go ahead and update the thread I started over there.

What time?

I'm going to suggest 7 or 7:30. It'll still be light out, and I know the ladies like to spruce up a bit before heading out. I'm heading for a hotel in West Bend afterward so will be able to give my passenger a ride back too.

Dude! We went last year (though not many babes made it).

Oh, right!

Ok, I'm going again this year. And hopefully more babes will show up. :)

I'd rather see the PoA dinner another night. I'm free any other evening of that week, and will be around Saturday through Saturday.

I've made the reservation for 7 PM on Thursday - There are 5 on the babes board (counting me but not Missa or Ted) and I've booked it for 10-20 people. I'll want to finalize the head count by Tuesday (28th).

Leslie and I will be there, and we'll have the SUV, so can take three others.

I'll be there. I also suspect that Missa and Barb (from work, she's coming in the Aztec) will be coming.

Does anyone know of any get-togethers on Friday night? I'm still looking for a party to crash...

Count Ted and I in for 3 with a possible +4 that may want to come (i think that is the Eagels banqut night and last year Rick and Randy had invites but thougth they were underdressed to go so came with me instead. I turned out they weren't so I suspect we may need to adopt Randy's son and Ma and Terry might be there too)

Back